My TM-TWIN died

Gigibau

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys, I do not know if anybody can help me this, but just to let you know for some reason my TM-TWIN died,with no warning what so ever. My Misses was watching something when she heard some kind of small eletric explosion or something like that and everything went black, no power, no picture. She cantact Technomate people to see if they can help (I was on holiday by the way) and they say it could be the power switch on the box and they could fix it, but it would cost me about £25. After all problems with software and everything that has been going on with this box I think they should fix it for free, but that is just me. So this is second box from Technomate and the last ever for me. Thanks!

I take it its out of warranty?

I have exactly same problem, it just went dead, thought it was the plug at first but changed that and still no power at all

to be fair 25 quid for an out of warranty repair if it was a new PSU isnt too bad. But as far as software issues and support go, your probably right going to TM's pretty crap track record with Linux reciever software support your better of looking elsewhere..

Sorry, guys at that time I forgot to tell you, if you are using VIX image, you need to set fan to be running in standby mode, if is not running TM people told me apparently that is why my power supply died. Just go settings, system, fan control.

So in other words the power supply is over heating even when the box is in standby and without cooling 24/7 the psu can fail. Never heard of such a lame excuse from any other Manufacturer.. Vu, dmm, gigablue etc..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Turns out its not the PSU but the front control panel, fan working, reflashed everything working except buttons on top and front display. Using dreamdroid app to change channels for now. Aint got nothing to do with overheating.

Sounds familiar 2 conflicting stories about a TM Receiver :) from TM I take it :err:

I doubt Technomate would suggest using Dreamdroid to change channels or return a receiver in that manner. The remote sensor is on front panel, so if it fails there would be no response to remote commands to wake up the receiver. Bally12345 has not mentioned whether he tried the rocker switch before reaching the first conclusion that the receiver had died.

I doubt Technomate would suggest using Dreamdroid to change channels or return a receiver in that manner. The remote sensor is on front panel, so if it fails there would be no response to remote commands to wake up the receiver. Bally12345 has not mentioned whether he tried the rocker switch before reaching the first conclusion that the receiver had died.

I had dreamdroid already installed and thats the only way I can changes channels TM did not tell me this as I have not spoke to them. I had tried the rocker switch it first had no response, left it for about a week and got power back but as stated the front panel is now dead.

Your problem is likely to be either blown capacitors or mis-functioning mosfets. Blown capacitors are fairly easily identified by opening the box and doing a visiable inspection (google what to look for). Mis-functioning mosfets are much harder to identify and require a multi meter and checking voltage across mosfet input/outputs. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have some experience checking voltage across electrical circuits.

Back