My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

Hello Folks
Sorry I am new to this and not upto speed as yet so without feeling stupid can anyone tell me what offline updating is and how to do it.
I have a 4.2e wii ver and trying to to follow Bally's instructions

would appreciate the help
Thanks

offline updating is updating not via the wifi. so you would put all the updates on the the SD crad then run the installer. updating online would just download these update files when installer is run

I downloaded the files onto my laptop then copied the files from folder 1 onto the sd card is that correct

I downloaded the files onto my laptop then copied the files from folder 1 onto the sd card is that correct

that's it m8, then just follow bally's tut to the word and you will be fine.

Hi,i have followed Bally`s tut up to the folder 3 part.I copied the files from folder 3 on to the sd card,launch homebrew channel,the screens look correct but when i launch Bootmi nothing is displayed on screen and the disk loading light flashes continuously.The wii remains like this until i switch off at the wall(or holding down the power button until it switches off).When powerered up again it all seems fine HBC is there.I know bootmii installed successfully both as boot2 and ios as did dvdx and the homebrew channel.I am using a kingston 1gb micro sd card in the sd card adapter and it is on the wiki list as ok.Do i need any more files on the sd card other than the ones inside folder 3 e.g any bootmii files etc?

Last edited:
All goes well untill it has to connect to the internet to download the missing file
It just sticks on initializing network.
I have done a connection test an its fine any ideas guys?

All goes well untill it has to connect to the internet to download the missing file
It just sticks on initializing network.
I have done a connection test an its fine any ideas guys?

Are you using ethernet of Wifi?

I will have try at this, this weekend!!!
It is one GREAT GUIDE...:proud:
Thank you very much form someone new to this,
from my kids and my self:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Tried to-day. V4.2E

All went well with file1 and loaded Homebrew -- OK

File2
Started ok but could not Uninstall WAD??
Picture attached of error.:CRYBABY:

Anyone able to help!!!!
Thank you
:ur the man:

is the lock on the side of sd?

did you over wright when copying folder 2

is the lock on the side of sd?

did you over wright when copying folder 2

Lock not on!!! Deleted file 1 first!!

Went a far as the pictures shows but could not Uninstall WAD?

Last edited:
will try now!!!

No go-same error.......
Would it be different for Ireland??

Last edited:
That could be your problem. You are meant to overwrite folder 1 with folder 2, replacing files when it asks.

Thank u mate,
Will try at weekend as the Wii put away
for school week:pimp:
They would never do any homework otherwise:proud:

Will get back too you!!

Hi,the answer to Easkeys problem helped me discover what i was doing wrong with my problem,i too was erasing the sd card after the first folder and second folder parts instead of just loading the contents onto the card each time and answering "yes to all" when asked to overwrite files!I was lucky though as i made a back up of the sd card after part 1 of the guide as i noticed there had been files written onto it during part 1.All is working now, softmod done,now usb loader time!Thanks guys.

OK....Just loaded Homebrew again.
copy and pasted the files from inside “Folder Number 2”
over writing Folder one.............

But still no go​
Same picture as above - With same Errors

52313d1274642042-my-step-step-guide-wii-error.jpg

Any help please:Fish:

Back