my on going fight with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
like many others i read this and did not know what to say!

Although i have not been a member on here that long, i can say you are an inspiration to others.

Of course your not giving up, because thats not who you are !

Your a fighter and will go on fighting !

I wish i had only had half the courage you are showing David and its great to see you have so many kind words from fellow members on here.

I wish you and your Family my best wishes.

Regards
Keith

Last edited:
Hi David

I read your post last night and was deeply sadened to hear your news.

I dont think there is a single person whom has not been touched deeply by Cancer and I sympathise with your familly and friends

There is not a lot more I can say that hasnt already been mentioned by the previous posts but best of luck and I hope your time is a very happy time for you all.

Our thoughts are with you and yor familly

Regards

Kevin

Not been on here or any other forum for a while due to having the wee man. David it has been an honour to know you through dw and you steered me in the right direction when I first joined many years back, You have helped alot of people out on dw me included and its been a pleasure mate. If a miracle can happen I hope it happens to you mate. Take each day by day and keep your chin up mate.

Not been on forum for a while so just read this.
Keep fighting David, top bloke. Best wishes to you.

just gutted about this, i could go on and say all the things ppl normally say,but would it really help?i just lost one of my best friends to something similiar and i couldnt say the right words to her either am so sorry i am totaly at a loss for words took gr8 guts to come onto a forum and tell everyone KUDOS to you and im proud to know you ,you are a man of gr8 gourage and i bow down to that you are a true great

well what can i say

bad news
i have secondary cancer 4 tumours
all he can do for me is give me some tablets to stop them growing any more giving me a few more months
i have less than 12 mths left

not much more i can say
but thanks for all being there

and i will stay on line for as long as i can

David so sorry to here your the bad new you had done lots of things on this forum for me and all the member will miss you

I know what you must be going through, as my dear wife of 48 years was told last wednesday that she the dreaded cancer, and we wait to see what can be done for her
all the best to you David

I've just read the fisrt post of this thread and I really dont know what to say!!

When I first stumbled across this forum a few years back due to being ripped off by a guy doin cable boxes, it was david that pulled me out the sh*t. I bought a box and got 2 of my family members to buy a box each but within a month they had gone off and couldnt get hold of the guy. felt terrible on my family.

david was one of the first to reply and came to my house took all the boxes and came back 2 hours later with them all up and running and wouldnt take a penny for his troubles. Thanx again mate a true gent! keep yer chin up mate as best as you can and I wish you and your family all the best.

So sorry to hear this news David you were always very kind to me and gave me lots of help and time.

If you fancy a break with your family on the north east coast mate my caravan is not fully booked yet this year, so if you want get in touch and its yours free of charge.

respect mate BIGHAIRYARSE

how the fook did i miss this david very sorry i did m8

what more can i add but will think of you all the time and your life is lived to the full
kindest regards

I lost my mum to cancer a few year ago and Ive just nursed my dad and he sadly passed away on jan 10th this month his funeral is on the 28th.
I know first hand how horrendeous and sad this disease is they said my dad had 3 month to live last year but he kept up the fight and eventually is was the flu that caught up with him not the actual cancer.

The offers open for you to have a free week at whitley bay with your family David I just wish I could do more to help a bit sea air and a bit time to chill out might do you the world of good.

I hope you keep ya chin up mate and fight and for christ sake try and do some of the things you have always wanted to do.

Heres a link to the caravan on ebay m8 If you fancy it just let me know.

I cant belive this life sometimes its always the good folk that get troubles while the toe rags seem to have a hassle free life.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220725488710&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT]STATIC CRAVAN FOR RENT AT WHITLEY BAY HOLIDAY PARK on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 15:57:05 GMT)[/ame]

Last edited:
sorry to hear this mate,

but we all have to go 1 day young or old.
just enjoy the rest of your time with family and friends and those who you havent seen for a long time.

just goes to show there are more important things in life than what we think most of the time

Have read through every single post in this thread and still cant believe this is happening. Despite our rivalry in the United Pool Threads, I really enjoyed your views and opinions over the years I have been here and have been looking out for you many a time on the thread waiting for your comments.

And tonight I fall upon this devastating thread and simply cannot bring words to offer you at a time when you have been fighting so hard and are kind enough to bring yourself here and give us all words which will be cherished and remembered fondly if nothing else for your courage and defiance in the face of this tradegic circumstance you and your family are in.

I'm sure everyone here past, present and future would like to thank you for every moment, you've spent on here helping, nurturing and taunting through various topics. You are and always will be an invaluable person and still we (me and my family) will pray that there is more life left in the Scouser and that we all see hope is never lost.

Keep faith, continue to fight hard and I pray your courage is rewarded.

Sorry i missed this post m8. realy sorry to hear this. I went throught it with my mum a few years ago. Not a lot i can say to make you feel better but keep your chin up m8 and fight it all the way.

OMG David, can't believe what I'm reading!! This is bad news indeed. You've been such a credit to DW and such a kind heart. I can't even begin to understand what you're going through and what sort of courage it takes to face something like this :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I pray that you will defy the odds and stick around for many years to come.

Really sorry to hear your news David, even more sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said before but I would strongly encourage you to watch plenty of comedy - stuff that will make you laugh out loud. You know how it feels when you laugh so much you can hardly breath - try to feel like that as often as you can.

I can tell from what you have said, you are going to fight this with all you have got. If I can help with any of the mind stuff that you may suffer from - doubts, depression etc, please let me know and I will try to help. I am a Master Practitioner in Neuro Linquistic Programming - if you need it, my time is yours.

Take care mate, you are in all off our thoughts.

Ian

just an update on my condition

had a scan yesterday
and went to day to see the doctor

well the tablets he gave me have done nothing the tumours continue to grow:(

i found one on my skull in the bone the doctors didnt see it till today
the tablets they gave me for 2 months cost £4000

and all the did for me was to give me spots ,sore mouth (ulcers)
sore eyes etc etc all the side effects but non of the treatment
oh well

what they have done now is to pass me over to the mcmillon nurses to look after they cannot do anything for me

i havent been on as much this last 5 days
i had a bad turn
breathing was a problem
lost all my strength
couldnt go up stairs or to the toilet
slept on the couch with the wife next to me on a chair
she has been fantastic with me getting up all hours of the night for drinks

i know your going to say that she loves me

i know that as i do her
i do feel weak and dont know how long i have but i am still not giving in
i want to make it to july at the least
my wife is taking a degree and will do the cap and gown then i want to see that
but if i have my way i will be a bit longer than that

thanks for being there friends and family that is digitalworldz

God bless you mate. I admire your strength and courage. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back