'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 days is out of order they should have known that it was an innocent mistake (if it was a innocent mistake) and forgot about it

one thing I cant figure out...............the kid that bought the teddy bear in must have had a name for it...............why have an election to change it..................if this happened in the UK, the teacher would never have upset the child by voting to change his/her teddies name??????

go back to read post #67

civilised
civilized

The silly little boy was jumping all over me because he thinks civilized was spelt wrong and that does not give him the right to call me an idiot with a keyboard

this is a British forum so we use what we call the Queens English not the dumbed down version that makes it easier for idiots with a keyboard to tap away anything they like. ;)

And on a muslim country having a female leader - isnt the Phillipines a muslim country? It has a female leader.

Come on Karym, as a Muslim I think you should get your facts right. The Philipines is a Catholic country with a Christian female leader

sexysam I was asking a genuine question. Also, I am not muslim.

Another thing I would like to point out is that I dont agree with the punishments meted out by religous courts in other countries.

Also, on the Philipines (and India for that matter) there are seperate laws for Muslims, something I find quite astonishing.

Sorry mate, its just that your name sound like a muslim name Kareem.I was merely correcting you in that Philipines is not a Muslim country.I am not aware of seperate laws for Muslims in Philipines as you claim, but I do agree they are in India simply because they are more Muslims in India than In Indonesia which is the most populated Islamic country.

As for your comments about religious courts meting out punishment in Muslim countries, it is simply because all muslim countries laws are based on islamic sharia (islamic laws),except in Turkey which is a secular state.

As for seperate laws, you will find that Muslims are not allowed to drink alchahol, in a Muslim country but non muslims are allowed. There are many other things allowed for non muslims than muslims in a Muslim country, if you care to do some research

thanks sexysam - my dad was muslim, I grew up learning all about it.

this is slightly off topic, but being muslim doesnt mean you cannot drink alcohol - this is a fairly modern interpretation of the quran. The quan doest tell you that you cannot do a thing, like any holy book its a guide to how you can choose to live your life.

Imo, this is one of the failings of some muslim countries - religion, culture and government have all been blurred into one thing. People beleive that they have no choice but to not drink alcohol because the religous governments they live with tell them so.

This is just an example, I am not saying all muslim countries are like this. and not all muslim leaders are bad people. Its just sometimes you get assholes, regardless of religion, nationality or culture etc.

this is slightly off topic, but being muslim doesnt mean you cannot drink alcohol - this is a fairly modern interpretation of the quran. The quran doest tell you that you cannot do a thing, like any holy book its a guide to how you can choose to live your life.

Karym

The Quran is the word of God (not Muhammad or any other prophet or men)The Quran (God) strictly forbids Muslim (and non Muslim as well) not to drink alchol because the health risks that it poses far outweigh the benefits of drinking.Here is the quote

The Noble Qur'an - al-Baqarah 2:219

They ask you (O Muhammad ) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit."

I agree with you that Muslims drink,dont think that all Muslims are religious and good,they are some out there who are a disgrace to their religion

I agree with you that Muslims drink,dont think that all Muslims are religious and good,they are some out there who are a disgrace to their religion

Well maybe they are not really Muslims , as some Christians are not really Christians, if you know where i'm coming from.

call a teddy mohammed....14 days in jail....get deported, airfare home....sell ur story to the rags for a million....can't be bad, wish i thought of it...lol.

this is slightly off topic, but being muslim doesnt mean you cannot drink alcohol - this is a fairly modern interpretation of the quran. The quran doest tell you that you cannot do a thing, like any holy book its a guide to how you can choose to live your life.

Karym

The Quran is the word of God (not Muhammad or any other prophet or men)The Quran (God) strictly forbids Muslim (and non Muslim as well) not to drink alchol because the health risks that it poses far outweigh the benefits of drinking.Here is the quote

The Noble Qur'an - al-Baqarah 2:219

They ask you (O Muhammad ) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit."

any book can be misquoted to further someones own ends. You can also find the following in the quran:

"And from the fruit of the date-palm and the vine ye get out wholesome drink and food: behold in this also is a Sign for those who are wise." (16:67)

Now, I just readon the BBC that this poor woman is getting locked up for 15 days over this issue. Apparently the religious clerics in Sudan felt this was a western plot to undermine Islam.

I cant help but think this is a little paranoid. Even withouth knowing all the details about it (which I am sure we will all get in 15 days time).

Would it be unfair of me to say that the world, let alone the west, is overly concerned what the bear is called?

one thing I cant figure out...............the kid that bought the teddy bear in must have had a name for it...............why have an election to change it..................if this happened in the UK, the teacher would never have upset the child by voting to change his/her teddies name??????

Ok A lot of schools adopt what is called the listening bear the school buys a bear and the children get to name it then twice a week in my school a child is
chosen to take the bear home along with the bear there is a reading book so that the child can read to the bear and his/her parents. Then the following day the child tells the rest of the class about the book and about the bear .The children in my school love this .But its the children themselves that vote for the name of the bear. I am just wondering what happened to the child who chose the name for the bear ? Anyway I think its bloody insane to give her a prison sentence .Why dont they just send people from their country to be educated in our uni's to become teachers then do what they do after we educate the ones who want to be doctors get themselves qualified then they all go back to their own country.

Last edited:
I think we should behead the bear, chant some mumbo jumbo and put it on you tube and stop all aid to Sudan

The rights and wrongs of this case, offense, sentence etc can be argued until we are all blue in the face.

However you look at it, it is political, religious, east meets west, what ever these sorts of cases will surface from time to time and basically there is nowt we can do about it.

The thing I noticed and I hope the bunch of pillocks we have running our country that the Sundanese have got right. Once the person has served their time they are deported, never to be allowed back in the country.

A lesson learn't there !

No im not :Laugh:
LMAO, nice one m8, I hope you didn't name your avvy :)

--

Getting back to the topic.
I normally try to stay out of religious threads, as they inevitably end up in a slanging match.

The way I see it is, people are welcome to their beliefs. That is exactly what they are...beliefs.
No one can prove there is a divine being, creator, whatever.

This poor (naive) womans basic human rights has been violated all due to giving a furry bloody toy a name!

Is the Sudanese version of their religion so fragile that the mere naming of a toy might bring it crashing down?

I find the whole situation ridiculous, I was going to say laughable, but it is anything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back