moving a sub modem to another area?

sentrypr

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, a quick question for you guys. I currently have a subbed 2meg modem connected in the Bolton area(ex c&w spc2-bolt7-0-0-custxxx.bagu.broadband.ntl.com incase this info is relavent) I am having some building work done on my house and am going to stay at my parents down in newcastle under lyme for a few weeks, my parents do have vm digital Tv but not broadband so i wondered if I could take my modem with me and plug it into their VM connection and be able to get on the internet with it?

I know that my modems mac add wouldnt be registered for that area but surely i could re-register it using the user info VM gave me when i had it installed?
Dont wanna have to go for weeks without my internet connection and the only other option is to go back to DIAL UP!!!!!

aye mate it should work no probs

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It almost certainly wont work straight off and I doubt VM would re-register it out of area but I suppose you could ring them up and try.

i just took it that if it worked with my clone then it shoudl work with his sub?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It almost certainly wont work straight off and I doubt VM would re-register it out of area but I suppose you could ring them up and try.

You ever tried phoning VM? Lol Last time i phoned them about a problem getting on to some website they ended up cutting me off totally and it took 7 days and 2 engineers visited to get my internet back on!!

I might just take it with me and give it a go, just dont want to plug it in at my parents and it pick up a new config and it not work when i plug it back in at home.

You ever tried phoning VM? Lol Last time i phoned them about a problem getting on to some website they ended up cutting me off totally and it took 7 days and 2 engineers visited to get my internet back on!!

I might just take it with me and give it a go, just dont want to plug it in at my parents and it pick up a new config and it not work when i plug it back in at home.
it shouldnt work!!! as ther 2 different area and might even be different provider (tw ex c&w depending on which part of newcastle ther in) and the only way it would work is if both area are ex c&w and area are owned by the same franchise owner, then they would share the same registry

Back