Motorized to multi LNB problem

Hi again linslademan,

ZIP/RAR file creation

Make new folder (name it same as cndf file)
Right-click & copy your current cndf file
Open new folder you have just made
Paste cndf file inside folder
Exit folder
Right-click on new folder
Select "Add to archive..." on drop-down box
Select Archive format RAR or ZIP
Click on OK button
You will now have a ZIP/RAR file you can upload to the forum thread...

Apologies if you already know how to do this...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Still no good I'afraid.
Did a full factory reset using front display which cleared memory completely,blind scanned four transponders indivdually, reset settings on disecq 1.0 in menu.
No patching involved at all, I flicked between four strong FTA channels within these satellites and still getting intermittent loss of signal and as I posted earlier, only way to regain signal is to go back into menu - satellite set up- move along satellites left or right, comeback out of menu and then channel clears again with strong signal.
It's flippin well doing it on BBC channels and I'm getting 98% quality on them, so I know I'm well aligned.
I have tried two seperate 4 way diseqc switches, so that's not problem.
I am going to change old Inverto lnb tomorrow weather permitting with a new Technomate to compliment other 3 but I am 99.9% sure that's not going to make a difference.
Surely there must be a problem within the receiver itself?

I get the same with my 5402 (117p) when switching between low SR feeds on 15w. The same does not apply if i switch
back to my old TM1500 CI+ though, Its fine on that.

Hi again linslademan,

I have edited your cndf file... it should work a treat now... and I also know what your problem was... your LNB Frequency setting was wrong on Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E... it was set to 9.750~10750 ...when it should have been set to 9.750~10600

Anyway... see how you go with this...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch, that it is a wonderful gesture.
I have sent you a pm as I can't seem to upload cdnf file for some reason. Story of my life!

I've had problems uploading since last night but have just managed an upload, try again.

Hi again linslademan,

I have edited your cndf file... it should work a treat now... and I also know what your problem was... your LNB Frequency setting was wrong on Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E... it was set to 9.750~10750 ...when it should have been set to 9.750~10600

Anyway... see how you go with this...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch,
Many thanks for that.Will test later and feedback.
You're a star!!!

Hi Zorch,
Still got same intermittent drop of signal when switching satellites I'm afraid, so it's got to be receiver as far as I am concerned.
I'm going to give Technomate a ring on Monday and hopefully get hold of Matt who was very helpful last year.
This is second issue I've had with this receiver since I bought it last spring, had an internal board change about a year ago under warranty so don't know if its related issue.
Hope they're not going to charge me £80.00 like they did xxxxx member.:FRIGHT:
Anyhow, many thanks to everyone on this forum for your never ending help and support:thumbsup:

Hi again linslademan,

Something else to try before you contact Technomate tomorrow...

I was looking through your cndf file again last night... and I noticed that all of your DVB-S2 transponders on all 4 satellites were not set up correctly (according to the editor) as DVB-S2... they were set up as DVB-S... and they didn't have the 'Pilot' setting switched to 'On' (where applicable).

So what I have done is... I have deleted all transponders on all 4 satellite positions (I didn't touch your DiSEqC settings) then I updated all transponders (ommiting feeds TP's) on all 4 satellites using NDFEdit 1.66 so that all transponders now show the correct DVB-S/DVB-S2 settings... and all DVB-S2 transponders now have the correct 'Pilot' setting (where applicable).

I then went to each of the 4 satellites in turn and downloaded all of the TV channels (no radio channels) ...then I checked for... and deleted... all Data/Internet TP's which are of no use at all... then I checked (on all 4 satellites) that everything possible to download had indeed downloaded... and everything had...!!!

So have a try of this new cndf file and see if this has cured your signal loss problem... it could be that the receiver was briefly losing signal while it adjusted/corrected itself to the parameters of the DVB-S2 signals coming in...

If this new cndf file has corrected the problem... then all you need to do is... go through all the transponders/channels on the 4 satellites and add any radio channels that you require... then edit/re-name/delete/add favourites according to your personal preference...

I hope this solves you problem...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch,
I am really truly grateful for all support but no good I 'm afraid.
Same low signal issue when switching satellite and as I reiterate going into MENU-INTALLATION-SATELLITE SET UP and exiting again restores stong signal and clears channel. This is happening on any of the four satellites on 4 way switch intermittently.
I managed to borrow a friend's Eagle HD earlier to test and not had any low signal issues at all so it's got to be receiver.
Will let you know how I get with Technomate next week.

Hi again linslademan,

OK mate... I really thought the last cndf file would solve the problem... sorry about that...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch,
well, the plot thickens!
Spoke to Matt at Technomate this morning and after explaining to him that I tried different disecqc switches, checking lnb's etc... he is adamant that it is a software issue. He has suggested that I should upgrade receiver to latest Technomate software for 5402HD as there had been diseqc switching issues on previous official software.
Looking at their website, it is version 1.23 from July.
I will do a full factory reset from front display setting and load this software tonight without patch and scan satellites again!(it's like naffing groundhog day!- My Mrs also thinks I need to get a life!!
If receiver still has fault, it's going out of the window!!!!

Yes, I am pretty sure I did, but will give it one final shot after doing full factory reset from front display and scan some satellites without using saved channel list.

You know what they say is the definition of success:

"The ability to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm!

Well if its a software issue as Matt at Technomate implies, then he better get Stevie Wonder to look at my receiver cos I can't see it!
Did a full factory reset, loaded Techno 1.23 July O/S from their website as instructed by Matt , set up 4 satellites on disecq switch, picked four FTA channels with strong signal and am poxy well still getting intermittent low signal when flicking from satellite to satellite.
I even changed old inverto lnb so that I now have four NEW Technomate lnbs attached, but still no difference.
Maybe their LNBS are put together by the same people that are bringing out rogue patches!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to demand that Technomate take a look at receiver even if it means me biking down to Edmonton!

I managed to borrow another 5402HD from a mate of mine in the next town that I helped set up. He runs phantom patch 111p from last year off a four 4 way disecqc switch with 3 birds connected(28,19 and 13 east off two dishes) and that works fine.
Set his receiver on my system and incredibly still getting intermittent signal drop when switching satellites. Well at least we now know it is not receiver hardware related, so apologies to Matt and Technomate for yesterday's rant.
I spent half an hour checking all connections on lnbs and switch, but issue is still there. I don't believe I have two dodgy switches so is it an lnb issue? I am not technically trained, but surely if an lnb was playing up, it would only affect signal/transponders on particular satellite it was aligned to, why do I get an intermittent signal drop on any of the four birds and each time I enter MENU-INSTALLATION-SATELLITE SET UP and out again strong signal is restored!!
I am going to disconnet switch and test each lnb individually again, perhaps I will get lucky!
Apologies if I am boring you good people, just wanted to get it off my chest before I retire for the night.

Forgot to also mention last night, that I tested my mate's 5402HD using his channel list which works fine on his set up, so I assume that don't have a corrupt one on mine either. The only change I made was setting up the fouth lnb in the menu as my mate's is only set up for 3 birds.

Hi again linslademan,

Just a thought... but have you tried using the DiSEqC 1.1 system...?

As you know... this enables the connection of/the ability to switch between (up to) 16 LNB's on the receiver... I know you haven't got 16 LNB's connected... but it might be worth a try setting your LNB'S to...

1 of 16 ~ 2 of 16 ~ 3 of 16 ~ 4 of 16

...alternatively

5 of 16 ~ 6 of 16 ~ 7 of 16 ~ 8 of 16

...etc etc. etc.

It could be just the DiSEqC 1.0 system that's broken/corrupted on your hardware/software...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Clutching at straws now, I have uploaded photo of my set up from a further distance.
P1010928.JPG

I remember that when I fitted multiholder from motorized I did not reset motor or change elevation as I wasn't sure if I was going to be successful so that I could revert back to motorized if I had to easily( I am only 0.07 degrees from Greenwich)
Dish was aligned to Hotbird, so centred first lnb to that satellite( 3rd lnb from the left of photo) I then aligned other 3 lnbs using a portable tv and was pleasantly surprised to get strong signals on those too.
Do you think that my multiholder is not set up properly or dish is not a correct angle?
I tried to change inverto lnb to a Technomate( 2nd from left aligned to 23e) to match other 3 lnbs but it won't fit as there isn't wide enough gap between 1st and 3rd lnb( 28 and 19e)which I thought is rather strange since they are supposed to be 9 degrees apart?

Clutching at straws now, I have uploaded photo of my set up from a further distance.
View attachment 68531

I remember that when I fitted multiholder from motorized I did not reset motor or change elevation as I wasn't sure if I was going to be successful so that I could revert back to motorized if I had to easily( I am only 0.07 degrees from Greenwich)
Dish was aligned to Hotbird, so centred first lnb to that satellite( 3rd lnb from the left of photo) I then aligned other 3 lnbs using a portable tv and was pleasantly surprised to get strong signals on those too.
Do you think that my multiholder is not set up properly or dish is not a correct angle?
I tried to change inverto lnb to a Technomate( 2nd from left aligned to 23e) to match other 3 lnbs but it won't fit as there isn't wide enough gap between 1st and 3rd lnb( 28 and 19e)which I thought is rather strange since they are supposed to be 9 degrees apart?

Sorry, Hotbird is FOURTH lnb from the left on photo and not THIRD!
I think that my brain has fried

Hi again linslademan,

According to what I see in your photo...

If your dish was left pointing directly at Hotbird when it was motorized... then why is the associated LNB (at the end of the main feed-arm) skewed... when the others are not...?

I have never done a set-up like this before... but I would have thought that the main LNB (at the end of the main feed-arm) would NOT have to be skewed as the dish is already tracking the arc... but the three others at 19.2°E ~ 23.5°E and 28.2°E would have to be slightly skewed... as to mimic the arc of the dish... akin to it being still motorized...?

Could this be the problem...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Back