Motor moves when it feels like on dm600

digital worldz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right guys, i am having a real dilema here.

Just took delivery of a new dm600 (original). Set it all up to use with my motorised system. The problem I have is that I can only set up 1 or 2 satellites as the damn thing will only periodically move my motor when it feels like doing so.

Done all the usual steps like checking the wires etc and everything is fine.

When I set the dish to move I look out and sometimes it moves and other times it doesn't. It just says moving to 13e on screen.

On my old 7020 I had a similar problem but cured by setting my own mah value but I can't seem to do this on the 600.

Can anyone help?

Thats interesting that solution. Problem I have is that it isn't just when I pick a prticular channel, it happens also when I try and move it manually using left and right arrows.

Also, and I don't know if this makes any diffenrence, my 600 isn't a clone

i had a similiar problem m8, it turned out my motor was incompatible with my dm800. basically it just didnt like my motor. i ended up buying a new tm2600 motor. it now works a treat.

i had a similiar problem m8, it turned out my motor was incompatible with my dm800. basically it just didnt like my motor. i ended up buying a new tm2600 motor. it now works a treat.

Might be an option actually.

Just to update on this, friday night got back on the ladder and made a new connection with the cable to the motor.

All worked ver well that night. Was moving it from 28e to 30w. Saturday night moved it from 13e to 19.2e, watched a bit of footy and then that was it, has refused to move since. The green light is on on the motor, so I am stumped.

Hi Digital,

I'am with stef on this,being an installer i come across this prob just b4 xmas,tried e/thing (boxes,images,cable & connections) too no avail rerally done my head in lol,did end up bein the motor,like u said green light was still showing solid too....

Well the plot thickens, lol.

Tonight thought I would give it another go. Took the box off the standby its been on for about 24 hours and tried to move the motor, and it did! Then after a few minutes it didnt! Then it did and so on.

Went back up to the dish to make sure all is well and replugged everything in and reset the motor to boot.

Now I have only managed to tune in the 3 sats, 13 19 and 28, as my usuls don't work, and have managed to keep the motor moving.

Thing is it will only move to 28 if I select itv not bbc, so in essence a V not a H channel. It may be the same case for the other sats but havent had time to check.

I remember fano I think had the same problem but cant recall if there was a solution. Whats the difference between V and H when trying to move a dish?

may not be relevant but might help, I had an issue before with a motor that would only move on V channels and would reboot on horizontal channels (the V-H may be reversed I cannot remember).
We checked everything even replaced the cable, reloaded different images, turned out to be the LNB wasn't compatible with the motor, not 100% certain as it was a while back but i think it was a stab motor.

Have to admit the lnb on there at the moment is shite as it was a quick replacment after I had a fire a year or so ago but it had been working perfectly well with my 7020.

Thing is it will only move to 28 if I select itv not bbc, so in essence a V not a H channel. It may be the same case for the other sats but havent had time to check.

I remember fano I think had the same problem but cant recall if there was a solution. Whats the difference between V and H when trying to move a dish?

That sounds just like my problem allright.
Its definitely a current issue .
Vertical channels only need 13v whereas horizontal need 18v .
I could never fully solve it.
I tried higher rated power supplies ,a few different lnbs with lower current draw but it made no difference.
I just switch satellite position on a Vertical channel and it works,its a bit of a nuisance but manageable.
My 500s and Dm800 move the motor no bother on horizontal channels,its just an issue with the 600.

Back