Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits

Weather we went or not who cares? It was and still is a total waste of money. Think of all the good that could have come from the billions of wasted dollars on space travel, just so the Americans can win a pissing contest with the Russians.

Think of all the hungry people that could be fed in third world countries, all the homeless people in Africa could have houses.
The fight for curing cancer wouldnt have to rely on donations.

There are so many better things that could have been done with the money.

And I'm sure that there are many people on here that will correct me and say that flying to the moon is a better cause than housing a homeless family, or getting rid of cancer.

I agree with most of what you say there mate but the problem is, humans don't always do the logical or morally correct thing.
I have similar views on nuclear weapons as the cost of them would feed the world many times over.
Its a disgrace that in this day in age and the technology we have, "no one" should starve.

This thread got all screwed up because it got personal and turned into a slagging match.
As Janobi said. "none of us are experts".
I don't think you have to be an expert though to make a balanced decision based on the facts at hand.

I think the reasons behind the space program were wrong but we can't halt progress and we will get pay back in the future, maybe even the ultimate payback in preserving the human race.

Point of order! Einstein had several theories actually, but if it's the Special Theory of Relativity we're talking about, that was proved almost fifty years ago.

Science: Proof for Einstein - TIME

(this thread could run and run!)

Nara, I know Einstein had several theories, the most famous being the theory of relativity. He also tried to develop the ultimate theory that would connect all things. I am merely pointing out that in Physics you are taught both sides of the theory, as neither can be proven or disproven. I think it was physics anyways. lol.

It might of been his theory on gravity, but I know that both sides are taught, as my mate studied physics, and I was amazed that they have to learn both sides, even though people widely regard Einsteins theory as being correct. I cant get anything off that link either nara, takes too long to load, just get the title.

Just had a quick look through some science journals, and it would seem it is newtons law on gravity, and einsteins special relativity are the two that are taught, something to do with the orbit of mercury.

Last edited:
quote:jan - I wont be reading this thread again,

stop reading then ya numpty lol

I wasnt going to. But then I got dragged in. lol. I was trying to back up nara, but it blew up in my face, as he posted something out of my post out of context. I really am leaving this time though.

But the same could be applied to nuclear weapons, or defence budgets. And I dont think its been wasted, many technologies have been developed due to the space race. Blackbird spy plane, and other such devices.

I agree weapons are bad too, NASA has contributed to many things that are good, like non-stick coatings on frying pans so my eggs dont get stuck. But i'm quite sure my would taste the same with or without teflon.

There are many wastes of money which we could discuss, but this thread is about the moon landings.

If I was an alien looking down on the human race and it's distructive nature I would run very fast in the opposite direction. :)

I suppose in the end the Americans are only looking to the future and the rent they can charge everyone else for landing/living on the moon.

I wasnt going to. But then I got dragged in. lol. I was trying to back up nara, but it blew up in my face, as he posted something out of my post out of context. I really am leaving this time though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU]YouTube - Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.[/ame] :roflmao:

Misunderstanding about context of my post. PMs exchanged and hopefully sorted. :lovestory

Misunderstanding about context of my post. PMs exchanged and hopefully sorted. :lovestory

Always my man. Hope my explanation cleared up what I was trying to say about physics. I do get confused at times. Think its my age. lmfao.

ok then heres one for you me got one of those powerful telescopes (for the home anyway) why the feck cant i find flag, buggy or anything related to moonlandings other than rocks and boulders yet i can see jupiter, saturn even neptune even nebulars zillions of miles away and i even have the cordinates of where they supposenlly landed suggestions???

Not read the entire post yet but I need to comment on this. :)

The moon is a little less than 250,000 miles away, what sort of amature telescope could pick up a tiny little flag or Dune Buggy from that distance? :err:

lol, I suspect your post was tongue in cheek :)

Was it one of these??? :FLASHER:
0CXZJ40Q1hpr23Z.jpg

I'd smoke that.

you're joking?..never heard that one before.

did he say which gods voice he heard?...

:Fish:

Apparently it's just some conspiracy theory BS

The bloke that told me was utterly convinced though.

Ahh well..

wow so many posts, im up late looking through some interesting facts. im open either way, cant say it did happen cant say it didnt.

Just wondering mind on the moon why did the flag look like it was moving by a strong wind?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJGZte-k4G0&feature=related]YouTube - Apollo Moon Hoax - Flag blowing in the wind[/ame]

wow so many posts, im up late looking through some interesting facts. im open either way, cant say it did happen cant say it didnt.

Just wondering mind on the moon why did the flag look like it was moving by a strong wind?

YouTube - Apollo Moon Hoax - Flag blowing in the wind

How do Jammoboss.
There was no air on the moon so if they had planted a normal flag it would just hang limp and look pretty useless.
So the flag they planted had a wire mesh through it to keep it rigid with a support pole at the top.
When they hammered it in place the vibration makes it look like its waving when in actual fact its not.

Been a fun read that one. Must admit, been a long time away but nothing changes.

Respect to Nara for remaining dignified despite a barrage of abuse.

Back