moded wii wont play discs

whogiveaffff

Inactive User
Reaction score
i havent used my wii for over a year last time i used it it play discs as i can remeber copying disc to hard drive i try to copy one today and it said ret = 2 and i tried to play the game and it dont see the disc i wondering if it some to do with the mod or the drive only thing i have done to the wii in the last day or two is load some wad file and i might of chage a iso

After power loss I had the same thing happen had to go through the homebrew channel to use usb configurator so that it would recognise files on the hard drive again.

wouldn play disks for me ,but usb ,hard drive method worked fine, plus on your dvd drive , there is a model number , the new one wont play back ups,

I have the same problem. As the Wii is running an extremely cusomized in house version of Unix, I suspect that the USB loaders are simply mounting the USB drives over the dvd device's folder.

No proof, but it's my suspicion.

Have you tried to read an original dvd in order to confirm that it reads something? After one year it could dusty inside and unable to read.

my wii crashes and asks me to reboot it

i have a older argon.. do i need to update the firmware
?

or should i just get a newer modchip.. ?

What is the best Mod Chip that works with the Wii.. now adays? i have D2C im pretty sure

Last edited by a moderator:
i merged them 4 posts together for you.. :)

most people soft mod wiis now, no reason for a hard mod...

Back