missing channels

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
just done an AU mosc card for someone who has just got a box (DiTV2000) in Southampton. I know the image is good as it's the same one I use at home. However, some channels seem to be missing on his box - notably all the UKTV (e.g. play, food, gold, gold2 etc.) plus a few other odd ones e.g. E4 (but E4+1 is ok). The one thing I did notice in the eng. menu was that the signal strength was VERY high - could it be that an attenuator in the source lead would solve this, or does anyone have any other bright ideas?

TIA

i just done my m8`s fun card but few channels are missing i think you are not the only one. anyone got any idea ????

ffs I don't think I'd be getting any channels if the IRD was the wrong way around!?!?

bammy said:
just done an AU mosc card for someone who has just got a box (DiTV2000) in Southampton. I know the image is good as it's the same one I use at home. However, some channels seem to be missing on his box - notably all the UKTV (e.g. play, food, gold, gold2 etc.) plus a few other odd ones e.g. E4 (but E4+1 is ok). The one thing I did notice in the eng. menu was that the signal strength was VERY high - could it be that an attenuator in the source lead would solve this, or does anyone have any other bright ideas?

TIA

yes mate i would sort the signal problem first incase you damage the turner or something!
a attenuator would sort it they come in drops off 3db 3,6,9.etc,,,
you want about 30.0 db and about 35.0 db singal and the coax and splitters play a part in it aswell
:) :)
and i take it your net id etc is right?

bammy said:
ffs I don't think I'd be getting any channels if the IRD was the wrong way around!?!?

for your information the ird can work both ways and there's no need for the attitude "FFS" ok :mad:

i was talking to him anyhow

lionhart99 said:
i just done my m8`s fun card but few channels are missing i think you are not the only one. anyone got any idea ????

with funcards sometimes if you reverse the ird or if you are using distance and reprogram the card with rst or vice versa it solves this problem

if not if you try and change the channels frequency in the eng menu this could cure it too

calm down guys i suggest using the atmega cards that au automatically just incase there using 2 keys

Bammy
Use 41071 net id not 41048 had same problem soton split down the middle i think something dating back to videotron days

hi guys, thanks i'm using 41047 but still getting the strange behaviour described. @jimmyq no offence m8 had a few bevvies last night :) - but surely IRD is right or wrong, no halfway house?? getting sports, movies etc. but no uktv channels - going to try an attenuator to see if it makes any difference. My original question boils down to - 'can some channels have such a strong signal that the box mutes them'??

41047 is used for the wembly trick to get cr1,do the anti update mod,then set your net id to your local area,for southampton it is either 41048 as in libby config files or the lesser pubic seen 41071,if you use the wrong code you may well get missing channels.

I had a similar problem in I couldn't get BBC 2,3,4 News24 plus some others were very jumpy. Without the card in I removed the power lead and checked all the F connectors and the connection on the box. Some were a bit dodgy so I re-termed them. I powered up the box without the card in. When the card was inserted and the unit switched on everything was ok. I hope this helps.

P.S is it ok to view the eng menu in a doctored box???

i am having a problem to with channels missing just done a 1000 box and cut talkback etc written atmega card and fun card as you would do as normal but missing 1,2,3,4,all uk all sports etc, put ird forward backward etc used toxic 6 and 7 any ideas!!!!

lostinpace said:
i am having a problem to with channels missing just done a 1000 box and cut talkback etc written atmega card and fun card as you would do as normal but missing 1,2,3,4,all uk all sports etc, put ird forward backward etc used toxic 6 and 7 any ideas!!!!

this could be caused by the net id too ie in my area we have 40961/40962
my mate had the same problem his net id on the box was 40961 all of the above were missing when i replaced it with 40962 he was sorted :)

will give it a try and get back and let you know what happens... cheers jimmy q

thats why you are the legend it worked a treat big thanx...............

lostinpace said:
thats why you are the legend it worked a treat big thanx...............

no probs mate good to see you up and running again :) :)

Back