Questions Questions

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

A big thanks to all those who have either answered a question or pointed me in the right general direction to get up and running, just like the old days :Bounce:.... but i have a couple of questions more just me being inquisitive :)

box is dm500-c original ok hd channels don't work well sound does but nowt on the screen, i read about this so wasn't surprised I just assumed the box is some years old and hd was only a glimmer in somebodies eye when designed so a limitation of the hardware of the box, however playing about on pc if i login to the box via web browser and the use the streaming link this then opens vlc (on my pc) hd channel work ok ? is there an explanation ?

high ber and some blocking on a few channels, most channels are less than 5000 and these have a perfect picture however there are a few channels where the ber is really high and get either no picture at all or a very blocky one, it has been suggested looking at splitters or removing...i cant at the mo the Mrs is watching but when all clear i can remove.

i have one splitter at brown box, one feed to tv and one feed to router that has a 6db attenuator fitted by eng on installation, i cant really remove this splitter in the long term only to check.

i have a splitter at tv point one to box and 1 to dm500....

any other things to try whilst have tv moved out ?

as always TIA

Hi Folks

A big thanks to all those who have either answered a question or pointed me in the right general direction to get up and running, just like the old days :Bounce:.... but i have a couple of questions more just me being inquisitive :)

box is dm500-c original ok hd channels don't work well sound does but nowt on the screen, i read about this so wasn't surprised I just assumed the box is some years old and hd was only a glimmer in somebodies eye when designed so a limitation of the hardware of the box, however playing about on pc if i login to the box via web browser and the use the streaming link this then opens vlc (on my pc) hd channel work ok ? is there an explanation ?

high ber and some blocking on a few channels, most channels are less than 5000 and these have a perfect picture however there are a few channels where the ber is really high and get either no picture at all or a very blocky one, it has been suggested looking at splitters or removing...i cant at the mo the Mrs is watching but when all clear i can remove.

i have one splitter at brown box, one feed to tv and one feed to router that has a 6db attenuator fitted by eng on installation, i cant really remove this splitter in the long term only to check.

i have a splitter at tv point one to box and 1 to dm500....

any other things to try whilst have tv moved out ?

as always TIA

Your PC has the codec/Hardware etc to play the HD stream the 500-c does not. When HD first arrived on the sat scene a lot of us were using PC's to view hd streams from our 500s but the ethernet on the 500s was poor and viewing could be a little choppy.

What is the signal strength like poor signal strength can have a knock on effect on the ber. Removing any unnecessary spiltters will increase the signal strength and help with the ber issue. You could also try remove the attenuator now you installed something else on the line to help with load balancing.

Back