members passed away

Absolutely heartboroke an shattered so soon after Big Arth, my boy Bradley is distraught he thought of Gordon as his grandad thats the biggest tribute I could give him

Gordon was one of my closest friends if not the closet when he offered his hand of Friendship there was no ulterior motive it was genuine

I especially will miss you terribly my ole m8 you gave me as much laughter as I obviously gave you

And your kindness an big heart was second to none

My deepest condolences go out to your lovely wife, steven an gordon senior an my little m8 wee Bomber , I will always be here for you wee man as will Bradley an Gill

God Bless

Absolutely devasted :(

Am sorry to read this and cannot think of anymore to add that hasn't been said already.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news my heart goes out to him and his family at this sad time he will be sorely missed here
lozzy

Hi everyone just found out that Gordon's post mortem examination is on Wednesday so will not know what happened till then.

if you want to send a card pm me and I will send you address.

WEE GORDON said:
Its Terrible And Yes It Is Not A Joke
wee man u have been in my thoughts a lot today, I just hope the pain goes quickly and the memories stay with u forever ;)

Rat

WEE GORDON said:
Its Terrible And Yes It Is Not A Joke

Glad you could make it on wee man:)

Be strong, I know ow you feel, I lost my grandfather and I was as close to him as you were to yours:)

Keep ypur chin up the pain does go away but unfortunalty the void stays:(

tottally devestated , in a state of shock my deepest condolencies to his wife and family

Bronto said:
Don't know if I'm the only one but the avatar thats at the top with big Arths don't remind me of the "MADBOMBER" as it was a fairly new one, could I chuck an idea in without meaning to upset or offend anyone, the one thing that would remind me most about Gordon would be he's "top member" medal also that would link up with he's passion for Medal of Honour, just an Idea

gutted to her this of mb my condalences to his family and the wee man mb rest in peace

ps i think i woulld be nice to see mbs medal or one of his other avatars

Originally Posted by Bronto Don't know if I'm the only one but the avatar thats at the top with big Arths don't remind me of the "MADBOMBER" as it was a fairly new one, could I chuck an idea in without meaning to upset or offend anyone, the one thing that would remind me most about Gordon would be he's "top member" medal also that would link up with he's passion for Medal of Honour, just an Idea

Will sort it for you m8...... hope that one is ok for you, as its got it all.
-Gazer.

totally lost for words,

reading these posts with blurring eyes and goose bumps, i know he'll be sorely missed, my deepest thoughts go to all his family and closest friends

RIP m8

I am so saddened to here of this news. :grayno:
My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

:angelwing He will always be around you :angelwing

Gazer said:
Will sort it for you m8...... hope that one is ok for you, as its got it all.
-Gazer.
Gaz that is spot on m8, now that reminds me of the "MADBOMBER" :)

That is the true Madbomber style avatar. Reminds me of him much more. :(

My deepest sympathy to his family. Wherever you look on this site you can see postings he made when somebody needed help. He will definitely be missed by all. :(

Mad bomber Ma Bud

Hi Guys & ladies not a real member on here but I would like to think a good friend of Madbomber I have read your tributes to Gordon and have realised that he had mates throughout not only Glasgow but the whole of the UK and probably further
I was asked to put the words I used at his funeral for his mates that couldnot be here on this site. They are from my heart

( 1 ) Firstly on behalf of Kate , Gordon , Stephen and wee Gordon I would like to thank each and every one of you for your kind words and the support at this sad time.

He was a great guy , He was one of the best ,
He’ ll be sadly missed

Words you here so often on these occasions
But they are often said because it’s the right words for the minute

But the words
Gordon Cruickshanks was a great guy
Gordon Cruickshanks was one of the best
Gordon Cruickshanks will be sadly missed

Are not only the right words for the minute
But a genuine honest and sincere description of
Gordon Cruickshanks.

(2)
I have known Gordon for the last 25 years I first met him when I was a 17 year old guy
with a 20 quid car That widnae start.

This guy who I had never met in my life before crawled out from under the car in front of me
And told me to lift the bonnet.
And ten minutes later the car was running better that it had done in the 6 weeks since I had got it.

When I offered payment for his skills he laughed and told me to spend my money on some oil for the car .
And that if I got any problems in the future I was just to give him a shout.

He no doubt regretted that statement many many times over the years.

For about the next 4 – 5 Years Gordon was almost doing a 40 hour week , Working on my many scrap cars it was great because Not only could I afford his Zero rates but his Wife Kate kept you supplied with tea
all day long.

(3 )
About two year ago I got a loan of his fancy and very expensive video camera to take on holiday. And being the clumbsy git I am I broke the thing. And had no way of replacing such an expensive camera. So I had to face him. He just shrugged his shoulders and said these things happen I am sure you never ment to break it.

I am not trying to paint a picture of St Gordon of the Gorbals here. Many a time I left him with the words You talk a load of . Well you know What comes after that.

He loved to wind you up with his fancy terms and Jargon Knowing fine well you Didnae had a clue what he was talking about.

Sniggering and shaking his head as if you were the dumbest guy he ever met
Then when he told you how to do it in plain English you felt like the dumbest guy on earth

(4 )
That was Gordon Cruickshanks.
Sometimes I widnae go to see him for months and months. And then turn up at his door with a broken CB or over the last few years it was a computer , and within minutes he would have it stripped down and fixing it while Kate made the tea.

And it wisnae Just me , There are many many other people out there, Who would chap his door day and night and always got help and a cup of tea .

Sometimes there was standing room only in his den and all of us needing his help in one way or another and we all got it

Aye you can be sure Gordon Cruickshanks will be sadly missed not only by Kate the boys and wee Gordon
But by the many many friends and associates that he has helped over the years.

He was a King among Men, A Rough Diamond
He will have a special place in my memory forever
.And there is one thing for sure if heaven exists then no doubt he will be there with a tool box and a queue at his door .
cherrio and Rest in Peace Wee Man
Hope all your pain is away.

Thanks for posting this M8 a true tribute to a genuine Guy even sadder second time around. I know there will be a tear in the eyes of anybody who reads this.

Because I know their is in mine.

Respect m8.

Rest In Peace Gordon aka Madbomber.

Back