Mario Kart PAL WII-MOMENT

anyone tried it yet?

no new anti-piracy detected?

Its asking for a system update but I'm already on the latest firmware version (3.2E)....is it safe to do it?

Last edited:
read summat about a 001 error if you dont do this !!

I managed to open the iso in WiiScrubber and extract the main.dol file so all is good

If anyone wants to know, the drive check fix is located at 0x15F6C03 , change the 0C to 04

If you took the latest update online then it doesn't even want to update your wii, just had a quick race on it and it seems quite good.

Just ran an update over the internet and I've definately got the latest firmware so just gonna pop the game and load it up.....here goes!

Everything is ok.

Just been playing it for a bit...very good game. Quite funny....think the kids are gonna love it!!!

did you just burn it as normal, no brickblocker, no regionfrii, no messing etc...

yes just as normal.

But noticed this morning when the kids went to play in multiplayer that they just keep getting 'error'. They only seem to be able to play in single player mode only.

multiplayer is online I think?

if so, as the game isn't released yet the servers won't want to know and Big N will know your IP address.

All they want to do is race each other in a 2 player game. That can't be online only!!
Anyone tried to play a 2 player game yet?

All they want to do is race each other in a 2 player game. That can't be online only!!
Anyone tried to play a 2 player game yet?

Just tried 2 player race to test and it worked fine but it is hard to control 2 Karts at once! lol

My wii firmware version is currently 3.1E and wiikey is updated to 1.9s.

Should I update to 3.2E wirelessly before trying the mariokart disc. Or should I just run the game and let the disc do any updates??

Cheers,
Mike

@ Mike, i would m8, just to be on safe side.

better to be safe than sorry.

the game will still probably do an update, but nowt will change.

@ Mike, i would m8, just to be on safe side.

better to be safe than sorry.

the game will still probably do an update, but nowt will change.

Cheers,

Will do that.

Will let you know how I get on after wireless update and then trying the disc.

Mike

I had 3.2E but disc still said system update require, I tried online first and it said i had lastest version 3.2E.

Still displaying system update in game window, so went for it.

Game running fine. I have just had a quick race, works fine in both single player and multiplayer.

Last edited:
Back