Mario Kart PAL WII-MOMENT

Newbe to the forums here,

sounds great can't wait to play it, I'm told the gamecube controller is the best to play with?

MK has now been confirmed as working on JPN (if anyone has them) you NEED to update from the JAP version of SSB before MK will run, Some people have had black sceens & lockups if they have not run the Jap updates from SSB.

Once you have a JAP update you DONT NEED to BrickBlock the MK and it will run flawlessly (and it's bloody good)

did an update? no idea what thou as it was already upto date

also you need to know the firmware is 3.1_Ev2 and it will drop IOS37 (although not yet activated on PAL or NTSC-U) it does not appear to do this on the JPN firmware. This still shows as IOS36

Anyone running a JPN console can use a dump from SSB JPN (172MB) and WiiUpdate Manager to patch an UNMODIFIED MK ISO > h**p://wum.talevas.com/

It has been mentioned on other forums that people shouldbe VERY wary running any further firmware updates OR indeed running any new games until the IOS37 issue has been confirmed, there are rumors (strange that on the internet) the Nintendooooo are planning to mass brick a s many modded consoles as they can in one fail swoop.

Last edited:
Newbe to the forums here,

sounds great can't wait to play it, I'm told the gamecube controller is the best to play with?
Yeah having tried each controller method, in my opinion the gamecube controller is best, I have a couple of Ninty Wireless Wavebirds that I picked up a while back on offer on amazon for 1/2 price, if you don't mind loosing out on rumble, grab some, they rock, very responsive and great battery life! Only with the world going mario kart crazy, the prices are of course hiked again now. :(

The ppf patch file i posted earlier was just a small patch that takes the error001 checking out of the iso. Most chips don't need this, only the older non-updateble ones.

Anyway somebody asked for a SMGalaxy-PAL ppf patch that removes the error001. I have attatched one below, but note i haven't tested it personally.

thanks for ppf patch mate. Ill try it out and let everyone know how i got on with it. Im having to copy a copy with the error 1 on it, so i dont know if itll work ok. Dont fancy d/loading it again.

I cant seem to get this to work. how do I find out which firmware I have? I have howvever updated a few weeks back and all the games that didnt work now work.

After selecting the game on the main screen I then get to the next screen with 2 options:

start game
wii menu

If I click start game the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Any ideas boyz? How do I do an update from the game disc?
i'm getting the same thing,i tried burning another disc to see if it was just a bad burn? but it's just the same. i can get it working up to the point where i start the game then black screen and i have to pull the plug out of the back of the wii as it's froze ?
not sure what's the deal hear never had any other game do that ?

just to let you guys know, the ppf patch for mario galaxy works fine..................which is nice:Clap:

i'm getting the same thing,i tried burning another disc to see if it was just a bad burn? but it's just the same. i can get it working up to the point where i start the game then black screen and i have to pull the plug out of the back of the wii as it's froze ?
not sure what's the deal hear never had any other game do that ?

Yeah mate this is doing my head in. I've got a WiiFree. My firmware is 3.2E. I've burnt two discs and neither one works. Both have been brickblocked.

Has anyone got this to work with WiiFree?

So Firware 3.2E is a pre req? I'm on 3.1E

OK I'll update and try with wiikey 1.9g and post result.

Yeah mate this is doing my head in. I've got a WiiFree. My firmware is 3.2E. I've burnt two discs and neither one works. Both have been brickblocked.

Has anyone got this to work with WiiFree?

why are you brickblocking it ?

get clean copy, ppf patch it if you need to to avoid the error001, stick it in the wii, update and play.

edit, note game updates are not always just firmware, there are other small updates of various stuff included too, that won't change your firmware.

iv got it working with a wiifree, as meangreenie stated just apply the ppf patch and it works a treat

sorry to be such a twat but how do you apply the patch to the iso ? my kids are doing my head in asking for this. wiiman did my kids wii for me ages ago its got a wii key in it ?????? i have only ever been stuck, not being able to play one other game, mario galaxy. if i could figure out how to fit a patch to both these games the kids would be well chuffed and i would be looking at no excuses for doing there choirs for the next week or so so lol

Hi there. dead easy to patch both games mate. Just download ppfomatic 3.0, google it. Run it and itll ask for the iso and the patch then itll just patch the iso, takes seconds. Now just burn the game. Ive done both of em and they work 100%. Hope thats some help?:banana:

Morning guys

Sorry to sound a T*** but...............wr are you getting this from.?

Not after a link or anything just an idea wr it is stored.

Thanks

Gaz

why are you brickblocking it ?

get clean copy, ppf patch it if you need to to avoid the error001, stick it in the wii, update and play.

edit, note game updates are not always just firmware, there are other small updates of various stuff included too, that won't change your firmware.

Thanks mate just downloaded the program. I've already patched my copy so I'll download another tonight.

Thanks to all that made the same suggestion :) Hopefully I'll get some peace at last..

Back