Manchester United thread

In fairness Moyes start in charge and LVGs start are two different animals,

Moyes was playing the same format as Fergie,with the same players, and didnt have the same injuries and still couldnt get them playing,

Whereas Van Gaal has lost a lot of experienced players as well as countless injuries as well as trying to completely rebuild our style of play,

I'm not happy but it does need time,unfortunately :(

you not think

they picked a manager they didnt fancy so no pressure on the future manager

hence no pressure not replacing fergie replacing moyes

who knew the outcome walked away with a wad o cash lol

was planned for sure

That's a bit too conspiracy theory for me and we have the Glazers owning the club, can't see then allowing that sort of revenue losses. Moyes huge severance package, loss of CL revenue, loss of even Europas pittance then to allow the scapegoat to spunk 27m on Fellaini. No chance, not for me, clearly Ferguson and Charlton thought Moyes could step up and had he not pissed about with the perfectly working system Ferguson had in place then he might have stood a chance but the minute he replaced the back room staff with his Everton goons the writing was on the wall.

Could it not just be that Moyes simply wasn't good enough and has planted his midtable mindset into the team ? I would imagine that's likely closer to the truth.
Fergusons winning mentality had players believing they were better than their skillset allowed and that dragged us through games and to titles even, replace that with Moyes setting up to for a draw at Newcastle and "aspiring to be City" and being "underdogs to Liverpool"then subject the players to that same mentality for a full season and it's bound to stick.
Van Gaal is here now and is a proven winner and once he gets some of his signings fit and used to the system we can judge him but that won't be for some time yet.
In other words AliMcoisty put your fking crystal ball back in the box and ask ebay for a full refund ;)

ye can shove yir aliMcoisty where he belongs pmsl

its my take on it right or wrong dont matter

we dont have a say these days

business prevails

ye can shove yir aliMcoisty where he belongs pmsl

its my take on it right or wrong dont matter

we dont have a say these days

business prevails

Ha, must admit I did wonder if Moyesy was a ploy but after what it's cost it's a no chance from me.
You gotta give credit to United fans though, the acceptance that we've become a bit shit recently is apparent, Liverpool fans would still be chiming on about being the best club in the league despite finishing midtable regularly.

Man U are fast becoming the Leeds of the Premiership

Owners a Joke
Manager a Joke
Results a Joke

I'll get my tin hat on now and not visit this thread for a while :proud:

Man U are fast becoming the Leeds of the Premiership

Owners a Joke
Manager a Joke
Results a Joke

I'll get my tin hat on now and not visit this thread for a while :proud:

gasman likes the bolded part of this post :biggrin:

Seriously though, you will be back lol.

is it true today that Di Maria, Tia Maria or whatever his name is got brought off early cos he wanted to catch his flight back to Madrid?:roflmao::nerner: (just a little joke my brothers and sisters down the M62 dont take it personal.

lol

If ya not careful ill rename this thread

The Demise Of Manchester United Thread

:proud:

Us back lol in my lifetime i hope.

Taking it your a Leeds fan you would have enjoyed The Demise Of Leeds United Thread, it was short and sweet and has probably dropped off the server by now :biggrin:

championship status

they deserve

he he

In fairness Moyes start in charge and LVGs start are two different animals,

Moyes was playing the same format as Fergie,with the same players, and didnt have the same injuries and still couldnt get them playing,

Whereas Van Gaal has lost a lot of experienced players as well as countless injuries as well as trying to completely rebuild our style of play,

I'm not happy but it does need time,unfortunately :(

It amuses me to watch the owners and coaches/managers more than the games ;)

You should of sold Rooney when you had the chance,would of been a blessing. Welbeck is your best striker,young,full of pace and beans,and hungry but he's getting shafted by Van Gaal.

Mata has no runners (is it any wonder he's crap?).
Welbeck offers that, but Van Gaal can't see it. Should be Welbeck and 1 of Rooney or Van Persie.
Rooney and Van Persie are playing on reputation.I thought Van Gaal had the balls to make the big decisions and give youth it's head? He's just a Moyes wannabe!

A definite change of attitude from his first press conference. Now he "hopes" United finish in the top 4.
Moyes got a witch hunt for similar comments.
Van Gaal has a reputation in other countries but that will only get him so far in England,it's a completely different league.

The best thing that could happen to United is Van Persie to turn into glass and a perma-crock again.

For his faults Mr Ferguson knew it.

Seeing as the other ones closed might as well start a fresh, new era, new thread etc and it gets that Nani121 feller of the thread name :)

Can't wait for the new season to start....oh it has, well anyway carry on.

Why was the other one closed?

Too many ABUs posting :D

Rumours of RVP needing knee surgery,hopefully we can switch to 433 so :)

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today about Rojo.

"Though United announced Rojo’s transfer 11 days ago, the Argentina defender remains unavailable for selection because Premier League rules state that he cannot be registered to play until the 75% of his economic rights owned by an investment fund at Sporting Lisbon has been bought out. Rojo’s case is complicated by an ugly legal dispute between Sporting and the player’s third-party owner, Doyen Sports, which intends to open a case against the Lisbon club at the Court of Arbitration for Sport this week. The group is challenging Sporting’s actions in terminating Rojo’s economic rights contract with Doyen “with just cause” a few days before selling the player to United. Instead of distributing 75% of the transfer fee to the fund, Sporting aim to retain most of the revenue for their use. Because the case is complicated by alleged breaches of contract by Doyen there is no timescale for its resolution, potentially leaving Rojo in limbo between the clubs and Van Gaal without an important defensive reinforcement.

The Premier League said: “[Our] rules prohibit third-party ownership as we believe that it threatens the integrity of competitions, reduces the flow of transfer revenue contained within the game and has the potential to exert external influences on players’ transfer decisions.”

So to sum it up.

If not registered before monday's deadline then he won't be playing until January
If officially registered with the Premier League,the United SHOULD have points deducted for breaching the rules regarding third party ownership.

So to sum it up.

If not registered before monday's deadline then he won't be playing until January
If officially registered with the Premier League,the United SHOULD have points deducted for breaching the rules regarding third party ownership.

Could Man utd loan him out to anyway if he is not registered before mondays deadline?

So to sum it up.

Understood :)

That doesn't add up if their rules don't allow it how can they rubber stamp his registration?

Van Gaal stated yesterday that Rojo will be ready for QPR. @wiz569 dunno why the other was closed but it was like having a leg off for a bit there lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back