Manchester United thread

Yeh the 10 man team were the best out there and it was too bad we couldn't get the result for the 96 angles. Defo not a penalty though as there was no contact made. Our no7 gets slagged for diving mmmm pot,kettle,black i think.

Big teams usually get the decisions in these types of game. What Liverpool need to do is become a big team and it could have been so different :)

Utd were awful. Pundits were yapping at the lack of urgency shown. They were set up to try and control the game - which they failed to do. With giggs and carrick and then the addition of scholes, ur not gonna get rip roaring football are you. Valencia was quite ineffective for most of the game for a change. Not surprised nani got the hook, he was pitiful. Be surprised if he starts the next prem game - i'll bet he will start against newcastle in league cup on wednesday! Rafael was good goin forward but he is such a loose cannon he's always likely to injure himself or someone else. Thought the sending off should have been a booking for both players-shelvey wasn't alarmingly over the ball and evans was steaming in at the same rate which made it worse.great to have the points but performance-woeful

Careful what you say regarding your No.7 dude - you did mean '....pot,kettle and a rather dark shade of grey'...didn't you lol?

Lol maybe pot,kettle and 50 shades of grey then! I apologise

Oh and woeful terrible scenes after it when chants of "always the victims It's never your fault" and "murderers,murderers" wasn't very nice. And the guys who did the airplane gestures at the end too well they should be banned.

Gerrard scored in 45:51, Shelvey was sent off on 38:58 and Rafael scored in 51:45 & Van Persie scored 80:16

They all add up to 96... how spooky is that!!!

Vidic out for another 8 weeks :(
Had his miniscus shaved on the same knee he had the cruciate op and will be at least 8 week on the sidelines.
Bugger

Think Vida been struggling since he came back. Jonny Evans can play as good as Vida has been(75%of his normal self??) so all is not lost at the mo-if he or Rio gets injured we'll be fooked for a bit. This weekend is a big test.I think the better teams will rip us apart if we don't tighten up a little

Just watching us now and I've been impressed with the kid Wooton at CB he's had a few good cameos for us now. I wonder will he be drafted in as I would dread seeing Carrick back there again. We also have Smalling about 2 weeks away a return so all is not completely lost but we are cursed when it comes to centre half's lol.

Speedy you are wrong ;)
Didn't want to disappoint :)

Good result tonight and a couple of belters from Ando and Clev saw us through a tough tie.
Bit of tasty draw though with us getting Chelsea at the bridge in the next round but I have to say the one that will be most hilarious is Liverpool V Swansea lol
Expect a giggle or two

yeah gasman, were bound to be on TV again, I don't think Fergie will field a very strong team this time around.
I'm impressed with the kids Wooton and Keane, get em in or we'll never win anything without kids!

Thought Roo was ace in thet role that he was designed for! Surely Fergie(and Woy) should give him more time with it. England especially have been missing out by playing him too far up-its worse with England cos the rest of the team is so far back! He's brill at linking the play with the wide men and joining the attack.Stay where you are Wayne! Great to see goals from midfield.Young whippers at the back look promising.Fletch did really well after being out so long-some of his play made it look as tho he'd not been absent,amazing to last 90 mins in what was a fast paced game. Not really that much from Welbeck again,expect him and Chico to be benched at the weekend.Thought Nani was much better in this game pmsl-can't see him featuring against Spurs either. Maybe Roo will play in the Scholes role and give the old soldier a breather

feared the worst all week, absolutely dominated in midfield first half by spurs. Great second half from us, if only we had started in the same vein we might have won.
great game though, well done tottingham

feared the worst all week, absolutely dominated in midfield first half by spurs. Great second half from us, if only we had started in the same vein we might have won.
great game though, well done tottingham

You even bet on spurs you fecker :D

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Yep. Feared it myself,already said that a team with a lively midfield would tear us apart. Cannot believe Fergie started with Giggs,Scholes and Carrick(no offence to any) in the same team - providing Spurs kept them off the ball they were gonna cut right thru us...and they did! No way would that happened in the days of Keane,or even with a fit Fletch. Again,we have no hustlers,no chasers,no ankle biters. The people who were saying that Scholes ran the show second half were right but not because he upped his game. When rooney came on he gave the Spurs midfield something to worry about and they had to run their nads off to stay in the game which they did-just. That gave Scholes all the room he needed. So we looked better in the second half because of that but I have to say,another poor performance from RVP and Welbeck was anonymous when he came on. Roo got them fired up and played quite well considering. Rafael and Evra are too often AWOL at the back. We have to get someone running from midfield and try to dominate rather than orchestrate. Kagawa looks out of his depth for me and maybe only effective with a dominant midfield. Think Fergie got it totally wrong midfield-wise yesterday,but cynics like me have been sayng that for a while. Got what we deserved didn't we?......but nearly pulled off one of those comebacks! 2 defeats in 6 is not good-thank f*ck we won the other 4!!

its our defense that's letting us down , they are putting too much pressure on the rest of the team who have to track back and pick up the mistakes.
Scholes was our best player again, his passing was at his usual best.
to me Ferdinand and Evans are finished, i hope Smalling and Jones can get back soon to solve our problem at the back, also i think we had the best out of Vidic too..

Back