Manchester United thread

we couldnt score in a brothel.

absolute garbage.

play good football but dont know where the goal is.

it doesnt look good chaps for the season, i know its early, but what chance we got, you have to score goals to win matches.

i am plased we didnt get a penalty we would have missed that too.
I am sick as fook.
its been a bad day all round.

my thoughts exactly mate we'll have w=to win a lot of matches to claw back these points redeem ourselves

To many new signing played in today's match. You need to stick with your tried and tested players. Players need time to gel.

I wasn't impressed with Nancy, don't think fergie was either cos he took him off early, Tevez will be class when he settles .. shame he is so fooking ugly, Fergie has a picture of him over his fire place to stop his grand kids going near it and getting burnt pmsl

I wasn't impressed with Nancy, don't think fergie was either cos he took him off early, Tevez will be class when he settles .. shame he is so fooking ugly, Fergie has a picture of him over his fire place to stop his grand kids going near it and getting burnt pmsl

Lmao tevez is ugly, like mascherano, i think its in the Argentinian blood!

Fear not united can only chase whats in front of them i know its not quite the start we expected after all the hype and the big name signings. Lets let Chelsea make the early running and see how fast they can run and for how long. I think the city game always had an air of foreboding after the 2 draws and the rooney/ronaldo issues but championship's are never won and lost in august. Saha is nearing fitness and Tevez looks like he'll do fine with games. Its up to those in front now to be uncatchable (after our early defecit) and Chelsea arent what they were 2-3 seasons ago neither are arsenal and then we have liverpool with no league winning experience (unless they eventually manage to sign Heinze) . Maybe now they all be keeping one eye over their shoulder and keep their eyes off the prize !!! No worries no worries

It looks like to me that if we dont score in the first 30 mins, the panic button is pressed.

Then the frustration shows ( see Ferdinand ).

we are resorting too much to getting the ball into the box, when its already overcrowded.

We dont plan any set plays anymore, and why arent we using scholes and carrick outside the box to have long shots.

Nani and Tevez will need a few games to get used to the the pace of UTDs play.

Giggs cant cross the ball anymore either, not that it will make any difference as we dont have any height in the box.

The Midfield play is awsome probably the best there is, but we insist on walking the ball in the box.

Obviously we wont be where we are now come xmas time, but we cant let the others get too much of a start, i cant see city stay there too long either. We totally outplayed them but just didnt know where the goal was.

my thoughts exactly mate we'll have w=to win a lot of matches to claw back these points redeem ourselves

right! instead of getting those points easily now on the start - we'll have to fight hard!

21/08/2007
Heinze told 'no' to Liverpool move

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze has lost his attempt to force his club to sell him to Liverpool.

A Premier League inquiry over two days has has decided that a letter in Heinze's possession, signed by United chief executive David Gill was not a promise to sell.

Please release me: Heinze could still move abroad
The inquiry ruled that the letter, that confirmed a sum of £6.8m at which United would listen to offers for the player, did not constitute a definitive undertaking to do a deal.

"In other words the letter is evidence of an intention to negotiate, both between the parties and with potential buying clubs, and not evidence of any intention to create legal relations."

Heinze would have been the first player to move from United to Anfield since Phil Chisnal in 1962, but Sir Alex Ferguson made it clear from an early stage that he would not sanction such a move.

Do you lot think a new striker is needed i for one feel we need one who is a out an out striker someone like Anelka or Martins.

Rooney is injured and we only have Tevez for now Ole the legend i'm afraid can't be relied on whereas Saha is made out of glass so no way will he stay fit.

With Rooney, Tevez, Ole AND Saha thats 3 and a half strikers lol! We need a new one

my choices are

1. Oba Martins
2. Anelka
3. Huntelaar
4. Adriano

Do you lot think a new striker is needed i for one feel we need one who is a out an out striker someone like Anelka or Martins.

You had one? His name is Ruud Van Nistelrooy!

I'm not a Man Utd fan but thought I'd voice my opinion on you post Ronaldo :)

I feel it would be panic buying and kind of unfair to the other strikers at the club.

You can never account for injuries and always need good quality to step in, I just feel that even Man Utd would find it very difficult to keep three world class strikers happy.

I mean, say you did get another world class striker? Lets pick Adriano? Who do you leave on the bench when Rooney gets fit? Players that don't get games lose their price tag?

I think Ole and Saha are good cover, other clubs would take them in a heartbeat.

The best you could hope for is another Larsson situation?

Rooney is injured and we only have Tevez for now Ole the legend i'm afraid can't be relied on whereas Saha is made out of glass so no way will he stay fit.

With Rooney, Tevez, Ole AND Saha thats 3 and a half strikers lol! We need a new one

my choices are

1. Oba Martins
2. Anelka
3. Huntelaar
4. Adriano

I think united are fine striker wise i know Saha is becoming a bit of a sick note but he will be back in the next few weeks for how long who knows. Martins might well be a great coupe for united but i think the purse strings got stretched enough in summer so i cant this coming off.
Weve got

Rooney
Tevez
Saha
Solksjaer

Do we really have room for more strikers when united usually hit the net from all over the park. Loads of united fans ive spoken too, have already hit the panick button but lets remember that we need to get into our stride this year for a european campaign. Im only guessing but the premiership might fall slightly short in a quest for european glory. Weve had a quick look at hargreaves against city and for me he was the best player on the park by a good distance. Goals will come and Tevez will score so will Rooney and Saha lets see what this season brings while the new additions fit in. Weve lost nothing from last year goal wise so they will come. Fear not we'll never die.

why spend more money when who ever came in would not get a game once the goals come flying in.

I think once Ronaldo is back and Tevez finds the net then we will be ok.

We need someone to start holding the ball up for the midfield to back them up. Maybe Teves to change his tactics and hold on to the ball.

We shold have got Larsson back on a 3 month loan.

A fortnight ago, it’s safe to say Michael Carrick and his team-mates would have laughed if you’d told them they would take just two points into this weekend’s visit of Spurs.

But while the Reds’ very real plight may be the subject of mirth elsewhere, three games without a win is no laughing matter for Carrick and co, as he tells Red View.

The former Spurs midfielder is aware that Sir Alex Ferguson’s side need to get back into the winning habit and, while the omens are certainly in United’s favour - Spurs are without a victory at Old Trafford in their last 18 attempts - nothing can be taken for granted, especially in the current climate.

“As a player, history means nothing,” says Carrick. “You can only concern yourself with the present and this Spurs side know they can be a threat, especially with the attacking options they have."

Tottenham visit Old Trafford on the up, following victory over Derby, and England midfielder Carrick expects his former side to continue in an upward trend over the course of the season.

“I think they'll be pushing for a top four finish," he says. “I have some good mates there and I'd really like them to do well. Of course, I won't be thinking about that today. It'll just be a case of going out onto the pitch and getting the job done for United because we need the points.”

Agent: Red Devils in for Berbatov

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to recruit a new forward before the transfer window shuts as Wayne Rooney faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a foot injury.

The United boss has been linked with unsettled Bolton hitman Nicolas Anelka - but it appears he has instead reignited his interest in Bulgarian star Berbatov having targeted him earlier this summer.

With the news of ole gunnars retirement im forced into thinking that a new striker would do us no harm whatsoever. Ive felt since 99 that united are better with 4 strikers and now were down to 3 and one of them is more out than in. I agree now totally with ronaldo 121 we need another striker. For me its Berbatov or nowt he was a class above in Tottenhams team on sunday and outshone most united players but for Hargreaves.
What do you reckon now ole has retired should we grab another striker and who would you sign?

just heard on sky sports news klass jan huntelaar is in manchester dunno whether its for talks with us or city

hopefully us i rate him highly and can score goals like ruud did but then again city got money now so it could be them

Berbatov is best option for united as he has said he would like to play for united, plus he has proved he can play in premier league at a class above most strikers.

Anyway it doesn't look like united will add anyone new to their squad before the deadline is up, maybe in january if things dont look up goals wise but i think they will recover and score goals to match their match domination

I think we are looking a bit nervy now, the pressure is getting to the team, the forewards are not scoring so adds even more pressure on the rest of the team.

i know we beat sunderland, but to be honest i thought we were shite . and if sunderland had a go they might have got something out of the game, i noticed yesterday that we are starting to shoot from outside the box for a change. I think Fergie has told them to stop trying to walk the ball in the net.

At least ronnies back for the next game and i hope saha can stay fit as he is the only one at the moment thay can get behind the deffence.

Back