Manchester United thread

another good game..played well passed well,it will be more interesting when we play the harder teams and see if they come up with the goods

I thought we played well, only when we went 2-0 up , they started to get lazy.

Looks like we still had a couple of gears to go up if things got a bit tight.
How did Ronaldo get that header in, he was going backwards but dtill managed to get some power on it.

I thought we played well, only when we went 2-0 up , they started to get lazy.
Looks like we still had a couple of gears to go up if things got a bit tight.
How did Ronaldo get that header in, he was going backwards but dtill managed to get some power on it.

First half united was just unplayable i thought it was some some of the best football ive seen a team play this season. Second half was a job done but without that dodgy penalty it could have been 3-2 and squeaky bum time. Anderson for me was fantastic ive watched him have a few bad uns but this performance was special and man of the match, i love his style and his energy. Take me home

i have to say that is one of our best performances this season going forward we always looked dangerous and i thought on most of our attacks we looked like scoring hopefully we can keep this up and take top spot in the league

well if our performence today is as good as it has been so far the last couple of game then boro have no chance.......

Boss bullish over Europe

Sir Alex Ferguson believes his young side are more than capable of going all the way in the Champions League this season after losing out at the semi-final stage last time out.

After opening their Group F campaign with three wins, the Reds can seal qualification for the knock-out stages with victory over Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday evening.

The Reds recorded an emphatic 4-2 win over the Ukrainians on their home patch two weeks ago and Sir Alex is hopeful his players can maintain their good form between now and May. But he insists luck will also play an important part if the club are to claim their third European Cup.

"At this moment in time I'm very positive about that," said the United boss when asked if his side could meet the demands of this season's tournament and ultimately win it. "I think this team can go far.

"Certain things have to fall into place namely having a good strong squad come March. I can't control that though, it's just something you have to accept and deal with.

"I've got a good team and there are some fantastic signs about the side. If we win on Wednesday our sights then turn to the knock-out phase and there's where the excitement really starts

Its true, with the additions of this season - Hargreves, Tevez, Anderson and Nan, Utd have a great chance.
Ronaldo has been on fire for us and the Squad looks even more menacing after the 18 goals in the last 5 games.

3-0 or 4-0 tonight :)

Yes you should have a great chance but why didn't you have a great chance in the Carling cup with a big team of players.:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Yes you should have a great chance but why didn't you have a great chance in the Carling cup with a big team of players.:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:
The Mickey Mouse, i mean Carling cup is where Fergie tries the youngins out m8.

Whats the point risking the big guns getting injured for a few quid.
We didnt expect to go out when we did , but its no big deal, that trophy is last of Fergies shopping list, it always is m8,.

Priority is the League and the Champions league, then comes the F.A Cup.

Arsenal seem to lead the way this year with the youngins,. But Fergie aint daft he has a stronger and much more experienced set up than Arsenal, maybe it will take you lot 3 years to be in our position m8.

Oh you can have the Carling cup , no problem m8.

Whats the point risking the big guns getting injured for a few quid.
We didnt expect to go out when we did , but its no big deal, that trophy is last of Fergies shopping list, it always is m8,.

Priority is the League and the Champions league, then comes the F.A Cup.

Arsenal seem to lead the way this year with the youngins,. But Fergie aint daft he has a stronger and much more experienced set up than Arsenal, maybe it will take you lot 3 years to be in our position m8.

Oh you can have the Carling cup , no problem m8.

You have it the wrong way round, Arsene plays his youger gunZ in the micky mouse cup, far as I remember you lot played your first team as usual in that cup & went out.

Of course you guys are title contenders but you wont win it by playing football Fergie knows how to swing it off the pitch (anyone for soggy biscuit) but then I don't need to tell you what you know already.

Arsenal seem to lead the way this year with the youngins,.

have we not always lead the way with the youngens and the one time you lead the way with the youngens you won the champions league

something you have not done for a long time.

and the carling cup for me is very very important now i dont care to win or not but a good run gets us the fans into seeing what arsene is doing with the younger players the ones we will see in a few years time so it maybe mickey mouse but its still a great way to give the kids experiance!

And people that compare arsene wenger and furgy are muppets because to do that you would need to compare furgys first 11 seasons the same as arsenes (not furgys 22 fooking odd years pmsl) then the stats kinda even them up

plus wenger spends less money than every manager in the prem every season actually making money something furgy has never done and we still have a very good trophey cabinet better than any other premiership team in the last 11 years bar utd.

on saturday we had 40 million on the pitch and played very very well

utd had around 200 million lmfao rofl

utd are a great team and drunky has done wonders at the club people that say arsenal are the best bet to win the tittle are crackers i would say utd are because they have what it takes, but we will push you just like old times and if not this season 100% i think we could take it next if we keep the same players.

Agree with you Mickie about United for the title but being pushed by Arsenal! I also feel Fergie looks like he is to have a real crack at the champions league this season!

Todays performance was good and i am really impressed with Rooney he seems as though he is back to his very very best!

Tevez also was excellent along with Nani! Well pleased for Pique today as he was good today glad to see some of the reserves getting a chance in Fletcher, Simpson and Pique. Things do look good for us lets hope the lads maintain it!

Predicted a 3-0 win but hey 4-0 is even better.
Come on Utd, Semi's last season but this year im hoping we go all the way!!

He only sticks with the young uns if your still have a shot at other trophies, if you are out then he plays the 1st team, as he proved a few seasons ago when it was the only thing you won. I aint knocking him though, he had his priorities at the time and that was all that was left to win so it was his priority.

Arsenal embarass all the other teams with their youth program, all teams have a youth program but arsenals seem to be never ending talent coming through and not just for the lesser cups, they seem to make it to the 1st team.

I know we (LFC) won the youth cup last year but how many are getting in the 1st team.

Utd always have a crack at CL, in fact I would bet its their priority ever year but they seem to run out of steam in later stages, maybe this year will be different...we will have to wait and see but I think its just too early for the new faces to gel but I am proved wrong on many an ocassion...lol

In reply to the thread i think Fergie has it boxed off he played a decent team against kiev with some additions from youth because he knew that this game wasnt a back breaker. Your in a vital champions league match and fergie brings in a couple of players from the youth team and wins 4-0. Uniteds priorities lie in europe the players brought in say it all but will Fergie sacrifice the league in exchange for chance NO (Benitez take note).

Off on a tangent i was talking to a mate at work who said "Nani and Anderson wont make the grade at United" I disagree what do you think?

but will Fergie sacrifice the league in exchange for chance NO (Benitez take note).

Off on a tangent i was talking to a mate at work who said "Nani and Anderson wont make the grade at United" I disagree what do you think?

I disagree, he has done it in the past when he pushed for the CL and failed, especially a few years back when the final was at Hampden.

As for Nani and Anderson...too early to say, they look good players to me, Anderson was supposedly going out on loan then he started to play well so its too hard to say, I dont think the original intention was for them to play much this year but with injuries they were forced into it.

Report: United 2 Blackburn 0

Cristiano Ronaldo’s sucker punch of two goals in two minutes did to Blackburn Rovers what Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool have failed to do this season: achieve victory. The 2-0 win puts the Reds three points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League, although Arsenal play Reading on Monday.

There aren’t many sterner tests - physically and in a football sense – than Mark Hughes’ high-flying side. But Ronaldo’s double strike in the first half was the crucial blow. And when David Dunn was somewhat harshly dismissed early in the second half, it was game over.

Sir Alex brought Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves, Ryan Giggs, Wes Brown and Anderson back into the team. And with Wayne Rooney on the sidelines with an ankle injury, Sir Alex called on Louis Saha for his first league start of the season. The Frenchman partnered the energetic Carlos Tevez in attack, and it was the Argentina international that registered United’s first meaningful effort on goal. Finding space playing off Saha, he he struck a testing shot from 20 yards, which Brad Friedel had to be at full stretch to turn round the post.

However Blackburn weren’t without their threatening moments. Unbeaten away from home this season and having already taken points off Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, Hughes’ men are a force to be reckoned with. Just before the 15-minute mark, Patrice Evra cleared the ball after a frenzied scramble in the box. Then five minutes later they hit the woodwork. Ronaldo was fouled on the edge of the area by David Dunn, but referee Chris Foy waved play on. The Reds were caught off guard, and Christopher Samba smashed the loose ball against the post.

Wayne's double aim

Wayne Rooney's injury-enforced absence hasn't dulled his hunger for trophies - the United striker wants to add a Champions League winners' medal to a second Premier League title come May.

The 22-year-old injured his ankle in training and won't be back in action until December. It was a bitter blow, halting his run of eight goals in seven matches. But when he does return, he'll be fully focused on fulfilling his ambitions with the Reds.

"Our main goal at the start of every season is to go far in the major competitions and, if we can, win them," he says. "It's the same this year. We want to win the Premier League and the Champions League, they're the main two, but there's also the FA Cup as well.

"Winning the Premier League is the highlight of my career so far. We went top quite early on in the season and we stayed there right to the end. It was a brilliant season for us. The Champions League is a massive tournament for every player, winning it is something I'd like to achieve in my career."

In an -interview with Myspacetv, Rooney also revealed his 5-a-side dream team: "I'd pick Messi, Ronaldinho, Kaka... and I'll throw Rio in because we'd need one defender!"

Back