Manchester United thread

what happend to ronaldo, i remember he got a red card, how long is the ban?

I must admit seeing uniteds team sheet against Sunderland i wondered what the **** Fergie was thinking. Saha was no fitter at 4.45 than he was at 4 oclock and maybe he should have been played from the start. Wes brown is not renowned for his attacking play and before the game we knew that sunderland would be playing a defensive 9. So we had Wes bombing on to swing badly aimed crosses at a midget in the middle and strategically it was bound for failure. I would have had Hargreaves at right back (hes played there before and can cross) and carrick/sholes in the middle. But my faith in ferguson is as strong as ever and at the end of the day 3 points was won.
Finally were into the wins and not to far off the pace weve got ronnie back and neville not to far off and saha for me must stay fit now. Football just wont let you rest will it!!!

Queiroz considers leaving Man Utd

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted that he is considering leaving the club.

The 54-year-old is in his second spell as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, having rejoined the club in 2004.

But Queiroz told the Sun: "I need to reflect on what I want to do in this last part of my career.

"In December I'm going to stop and think about myself. My contract is perpetual and caters for various options but I have only one life."

Queiroz was Ferguson's number two from June 2002 until he left to become manager of Real Madrid in June 2003.

However, he was sacked as manager of the Spanish club in May 2004 and returned to Old Trafford in the summer of the same year.

"I am going to think about him and go for the route that makes me most happy," he added.

"I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach. That is one reason I am in this project but I'm not desperate about it.

"In your personal and professional life you always have more ambitions."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7002203.stm

Published: 2007/09/19 08:37:26 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Nice win last night in Lisbon for the reds as i thought this was going to be a really tough game to come out of with 3 points. Good to see wayne getting a good 70 mins under his belt and i just hope we can start scoring a few more goals. Were still in binary this season lol 1-1 0-0 1-1 0-1 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0

Nice win last night in Lisbon for the reds as i thought this was going to be a really tough game to come out of with 3 points. Good to see wayne getting a good 70 mins under his belt and i just hope we can start scoring a few more goals. Were still in binary this season lol 1-1 0-0 1-1 0-1 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0

Aye , those scores remind me of Chelsea over the last few years , lol

we will click soon, and when we do the goals will be scored for fun, i remember last season at the start we were playing crap, but once we started to play good footy we went on a long run of good games.

roll on Chelsea this weekend.

Striker puzzle for Sir Alex

Sir Alex Ferguson will has the so-called selection headache to contend with as he deliberates over whether Louis Saha or Carlos Tevez should partner Wayne Rooney against Wigan on today.

Saha started his first game since March on Tuesday, while Tevez has gradually been discovering his best form. Both offer something very different; Saha’s raw pace, aerial strength and physical presence versus Tevez’s creativity, skill and tireless determination.

“There’s a decision over which one I should play," says Sir Alex. "Both are fit and ready to play, no question about that, but as yet I’ve no idea who I will pick.

“We were encouraged by the vigorous performance Louis gave against Roma. He's got great physical presence and speed. I thought he was first-class bearing in mind it was his first start since March.

“He's excellent when he gets going, as we saw last year when he scored 12 goals before Christmas. If he'd remained fit he could got to 30. He’s a goal threat, whether it's in the air or with either foot.

“We're on the right path with him. We have to decide now whether we give him a second start or put him on the bench and bring him on later in the game, where he can be so important.”

However, Tevez, who scored his first United goal against Chelsea two weeks ago, has also laid claim to a starting berth. “The interesting thing was that Tevez showed against Roma that he can come off the bench and change the face of the game,” says the boss. “He brought a different problem for them, which helped at an important part of the game.”

UTD 4-0 Wigan

at last we scored a few goals.

thought there was some impressive perfomances.

Teves had a great game , so did Rooney, Ronaldo,Evra and young simpson.

Another great point is another clean sheet.

couldnt agree with you more,about time they started putting the goals in,

I thought the new guys (tevez and anderson) started to show why they are so highly rated....pique and simpson did brilliant.

I thought the new guys (tevez and anderson) started to show why they are so highly rated....pique and simpson did brilliant.

I agree, Tevez looked like he was back trying to save West Ham from relegation, and Anderson looked like he's got genuine quality. As a Liverpool fan I took this as a bad sign!

nice win for us... wot worrys me is the injurys we got... rooney tevez getting better,and simpson done well and piquie....roll on

i thought the united players passing was outstanding today

I was gutted Paul..

i had to go to work and missed it, cant wait for the highlights.

my wife was sending me the scores by text , to my phone at work, she kept forgetting to send who scored as well.

well at least i can relax when the highlights come on, and have a few beers relaxed, instead of being on edge.

Why did rooney take a penalty ? was Ronaldo not playing. ?

well rooney was on a hat trick and saha was not on the pitch so everyone including himself would want him to take it...i knew he would miss as soon as he took the ball to the spot, i said to my dad the goalkeeper will save it and dive to his low right and save it, and thats exactly wat happened

Trio nominated for local awards

Cristiano Ronaldo, Ryan Giggs and Sir Alex Ferguson have all been shortlisted for honours at the North West Football Awards and United fans can play a part in helping them win.

Ronaldo and Giggs are both up for Premier League Player of the Year and face competition from Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard and Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta.

Sir Alex is nominated in the Manager of the Year category and is up against Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, Blackburn Rovers manager and ex-Red Mark Hughes and Blackpool’s Simon Grayson.

Scholes misses Kyiv clash

Paul Scholes will miss the match, he picked up a knee injury in training," the boss revealed.

"He will be scanned when we get home. It’s unfortunate but these things happen. I’m confident we’ve got enough experience to cope tonight."

MUTV broke the news in their 2pm news bulletin on Tuesday. It comes at a bad time for United with Scholes' fellow central midfielders Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves also sidelined with injuries.

However, Darren Fletcher returned to action with Scotland last week and could deputise for Scholes against the Ukrainians.

Back