Manchester United thread

Great free kick from Anderson glad he scored the goal keeper of Boca made a meal out of Valencias shot lol!

Overall not too bad but we tired alot in the 2nd half but another game under the belt will help fitness!

I hope Wes ain't injured to badly as he had to go off also anyone know why Vidic wasn't involved today?

Yea the away top looks real good, the home top looks sh1t.

I still dont understand why Ferguson persists with playing Gibson and putting him on right wing, he is absolutely rubbish out there, i dont care if it was a friendly, its just irritating to watch.
And who else knew as soon as Evra and Evans stepped up for their penalties they were gonna miss lol

Yea the away top looks real good, the home top looks sh1t.

I still dont understand why Ferguson persists with playing Gibson and putting him on right wing, he is absolutely rubbish out there, i dont care if it was a friendly, its just irritating to watch.
And who else knew as soon as Evra and Evans stepped up for their penalties they were gonna miss lol

I like the away top looks good unlike the home one!

Darren Gibson is never going to make it on the right wing if Fergie is going to play him then it has to be in the central position not out wide! Gibson is too slow too play out wide in the middle he ain't too bad but i doubt he will make it at United!

I knew Evans was going to miss

i knew evans was gonna miss last night he looked like he couldnt be bothered when he went up to take it. As for gibson i think he is going to make it at united but its a bit of a shame when you see him playing as a winger when he clearly finds it difficult.

yea i like the way the away kit looks but i think the home kit is gettin too much stick for no reason.. it looks good too
and it is the same design isnt it...

yea i also dont know why Gibson is out on the right he is clearly a central midfielder lol

Just bought the new home shirt,i like it. As for the match we looked tired tbh,alot of matches and traveling.looking good for the new season owen is looking sharper with each match.

United for the league this year then?

i don't think we need to wrroy about a challenege from City

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

United for the league this year then?

i don't think we need to wrroy about a challenege from City

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Yes maytee i think Utd for the league again this year even without the big signing that we are all hoping to get i think utd have enough to push the opposition out of contention. One thing tho is Fergie makes me laff "No more signing's" lol did anyone actually believe him ????
Seems now were back in for Ribery and Ive a sneaking feeling we will get him before September window shuts. Then theres this Turkish striker Sercan Yildirm who Utd are apparently in for. But for me getting Ribery would make all the difference for the confidence of A the team and B the fan's. I think after watching the pre-season we need a benchmark signing to lift the fan's and team alike.

Fresh rumours of United being linked with David Silva, David Villa, and Sergio Aguero, and of course Franck Ribery rumour from couple days back

Fresh rumours of United being linked with David Silva, David Villa, and Sergio Aguero, and of course Franck Ribery rumour from couple days back

Auguero would be the best signing in my opinion after watching him a few times, he definatly has a great eye for goal, is strong, quick and is only 21. Fergie is great at signing young players and improving their all round game, just look at Ronaldo. I reckon Atletico would let hi go for around £38million, then that is the goals that Ronaldo would have brought.

Then play Rooney, Carrick/Hargreaves, Anderson/Giggs and Valencia in midfield and Aguero and either Berbatov and Owen up front

Villa wont leave Spain but would be a great signing..
he is rated the same if not better in Spain than Torres..
his goal ratio speaks for himself..

i would love to see him in the United shirt with the number 7!!
lol but its not gona happend :\

I think the concentration should be on signing a defensive midfielder...cant rely on Hargreaves getting fit in time, his comeback date was again pushed back last week.

Silva would be a good signing for the left wing (which is the weakest position in midfield for couple years now), but he is like Villa, so i highly doubt he will leave Spain.

Fergie will come good

he always has a knack of pulling a cracker out of the hat

i think its a safe bet for utd to win the league

i think owen will excel in this team!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Edwin misses season's start

The Reds have been dealt a blow ahead of the new season after United confirmed that Edwin van der Sar has been sidelined for the start of the 2009/10 campaign.

The 38-year-old Dutch goalkeeper has this week undergone surgery on a broken finger and bone in his left hand, and will be out for up to eight weeks.

Van der Sar suffered the injury saving a penalty from Danijel Pranjic in United's 7-6 shoot-out defeat to Bayern Munich in the pre-season Audi Cup tournament in Germany.

The prognosis means that van der Sar won't be back to full fitness until the end of September, and therefore unlikely to be available for selection till either the Arsenal match on Saturday 29 August, or against Tottenham Hotspur a fortnight later after the international break.

It is frustrating news for Sir Alex, especially as van der Sar was so important to United's defensive solidarity last season. However, Ben Foster signed a new contract in July and Sir Alex said at the time that "[he] is seen as one of the best young goalkeepers in England and we genuinely see him as a successor to Edwin."

This could be the opening Foster has waited so patiently for, although Tomasz Kuszczak will also see this as an opportunity to prove his worth. Sir Alex's selection will be an interesting one for Wednesday's friendly against Valencia and at Wembley this weekend against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Edwin misses season's start - Manchester United Official Web Site

This is Foster chance to prove his worth... Knowing his bad luck he'll probably get injured and we'll have to put up with kuzCRAP!

Valencia Shines as United beat Valencia 2 - 0 With goals from Rooney and Cleverley

Boss salutes new wing wizard

Sir Alex Ferguson singled out Antonio Valencia for special praise, after the Ecuadorian laid on two goals in an impressive home debut.

The summer signing from Wigan Athletic crossed for Wayne Rooney and Tom Cleverley to bag the telling goals against Valencia, and generally caught the eye for his robust, direct approach at both ends of the pitch.

“The important thing for me was Valencia’s performance, I thought he was very, very good,” Sir Alex told MUTV. “He’s got great balance and he’s got power and speed. Coming to our club, he’s immediately taken the challenge well and with purpose, so we’re very pleased with what we’ve seen so far.”

While Valencia’s contribution merited special praise, Sir Alex could also reflect on a string of fine performances as his side deservedly edged an entertaining game. A glut of young talents hinted at a bright future, while the Reds’ forward line created chances with promising regularity.

“It was an opportunity to play a lot of the younger players,” he said. “Tom Cleverley scored, Darron Gibson had two fantastic shots from outside the box – he showed his power tonight, which is pleasing – and Ritchie De Laet and Fabio gave excellent performances.

“I also thought Macheda’s movement in the last third was fantastic. For a 17-year-old, he’s something special. Michael (Owen) showed marvellous movement. He should’ve scored four, but he was unlucky with the first one that he just chipped it over the goalkeeper’s shoulder and by the post. He deserved at least one of them."

Vidic joins Man Utd injury list

_46170387_vidic_282_get.jpg
Vidic missed the start of United's pre-season tour of the Far East

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the new season after being ruled out for up to two weeks with a calf injury. The 27-year-old Serb joins Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the sidelines.
"Vidic is another week or two away and Edwin's injury is a bad one," said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
"He is out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal."
Vidic will miss Sunday's Community Shield against Chelsea and also United's Premier League opener at home to newly-promoted Birmingham on Sunday, 16 August.
He could also miss his side's trip to Burnley on Wednesday, 19 August.
Fellow defender Neville will also sit out Sunday's match against Chelsea as he is struggling with a groin injury, but Ferguson says he expects Brown, who missed the majority of last season with a foot injury, to be fit for the start of their Premier League campaign.
o.gif
606: DEBATE

Just what we didn't need.

zippymk13

"Neither Wes or Nemanja have long-term injuries. I would expect Wes to be fit for the game a week on Sunday," said Ferguson.
"As for Vidic, he pulled his calf in the warm-up in Munich (against Bayern Munich) and is two weeks away.
"Gary is doing a little bit of training and coming on fine but I do not think he will make Sunday."
With goalkeeper Van der Sar out for up to 10 weeks with broken fingers, Ferguson has to choose between Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak against Chelsea.
Both played a half in the 2-0 friendly win against Valencia in midweek.

Back