Manchester United thread

nice one might go for one meself but unsure what name to put at back i was hoping for a big name signing to put on but might just go for Evra!

If it's free printing mate you might aswell get your monies worth and go for Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha (nani):Clap:

United beat FCSeoul 3-2. goals from Rooney,Macheda and Berbatov:Clap:

Macheda seems to hitting the goal streak so far, he really looks an interesting prospect and hopefully will get further chances unlike Rossi and many other young strikers who haven't had the chance at United.

Berbatov and Owen just combined for a superb goal against Greentown a cracker of a finish from Owen. Berbs flicked it up then over his shoulder for Owen to chest and volley the ball into the bottom corner. Sure it will be on utube pretty soon so get a watch of that goal coz it really is a bloody cracker.:Clap:

Berbatov and Owen just combined for a superb goal against Greentown a cracker of a finish from Owen. Berbs flicked it up then over his shoulder for Owen to chest and volley the ball into the bottom corner. Sure it will be on utube pretty soon so get a watch of that goal coz it really is a bloody cracker.:Clap:

yup and the nani berbatov combination for the 5th goal was great as well

ended 8-2

Manchester United rounded off their pre-season tour to Asia with a convincing 8-2 victory over Hangzhou Greentown in China.

The Premier League champions were in free-scoring mood against their opponents, who contributed their own share of entertainment to an end-to-end friendly.

New signing Michael Owen opened the scoring after 24 minutes and scored the fourth goal just before half-time after Dimitar Berbatov and Zoran Tosic had netted.

Berbatov was displaying his full repertoire of tricks and created the fifth goal for Nani before substitute Ryan Giggs got in on the act just past the hour mark.

Giggs added another goal to United's tally with Patrice Evra and Anderson both hitting the post after Wang Hongyou headed home for Hangzhou.

Red Devils veteran Giggs completed his hat-trick in the 89th minute, but it was Hangzhou who had the final word with a second consolation.

Berbatov came close to heading an early opener only to see his effort bounce off the underside of the bar and Paul Scholes then volleyed wastefully wide.

Owen, who scored in both games in Malaysia earlier on the tour, broke the deadlock with a typically predatory finish after Nani's cross had deflected into his path.

On 34 minutes it was 2-0 as Berbatov volleyed home from an acute angle at the far post after Nani had chipped the ball across the face of goal.

Within 60 seconds, Berbatov laid the ball off to Tosic and the Serbian winger steadied himself before arrowing a fierce drive into the far corner.

Berbatov was the provider for the fourth goal on 40 minutes as his clever flick was chested under control by Owen before the striker volleyed acrobatically into the net.

Owen was replaced by Wayne Rooney at half-time, but it was Berbatov who was in the thick of things on 50 minutes as his clever back-heel played in Nani for the fifth goal.

Giggs came on to score twice in the space of 10 minutes, also missing a golden chance in between, before Hongyou headed home a corner at the near post on 78 minutes.

Park Ji-sung set up Evra to fire against the post and Anderson was also denied by the upright before a sharp turn in the box from Giggs provided the Welshman with his hat-trick.

There was still time for Valdo to smash home a late second for the hosts, but United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be pleased with how his front men are combining after losing Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo over the summer.

i think tosic played really well.it 's gonna make giggs step up a bit ,cos his left wing position is under threat(lol).both had good games and for what i can see they are all jelling quite well:Clap:

i think tosic played really well.it 's gonna make giggs step up a bit ,cos his left wing position is under threat(lol).both had good games and for what i can see they are all jelling quite well:Clap:

I think Giggs left position was gone last season, he will be battling for place in central midfield.

It'll be between Nani, Tosic, and Park to fight for wide left position

Got to agree with elniro Giggs don't have the legs for the left wing!

Left side is for Nani, Tosic and Park (maybe)!

Great match alright but is it just me thats concerned over the fact that we have conceded 6 goals in three matches against very weak opponents?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3VUXPQ1cA]YouTube - Hangzhou Greentown vs Manchester United 2-8 (26.07.2009) Highlights[/ame]

Great match alright but is it just me thats concerned over the fact that we have conceded 6 goals in three matches against very weak opponents?

yea it is a concern.. but some of the goals could have been easily avoided.. and i guess it is good that we let them in at pre-season where the players and still finding their match fitness..

now we turn our attention to Munich!! hopefully we can win that cup!! :D

Manchester United take on Boca Juniors tomorrow in the opening game of the Audi Cup in Munich. Sir Alex has today revealed that Valencia will start in that game, making his début, after missing out on the tour of Asia.

“Valencia didn’t join us in the Far East because he was behind the rest of the squad in terms of his fitness,” Ferguson said. “He’s been back at Carrington doing his endurance and speed work, catching up with everyone else.”

Nobody is expecting Valencia to fill Ronaldo’s boots in terms of goals, although it’s fair to say we imagine Valencia will improve on his scoring record at Wigan.

“We lost Ronaldo in the summer and he’s someone who gave us 26 goals last season,” he added. “It’s going to be hard to replace him and we hope we can find an answer to that. We’ve signed Valencia, who has a lot of potential – he’s young, very athletic and possesses good power. At 23 years of age I think he can develop at our club.”

Boca 0 - 2 Man Utd (Anderson, Valencia) so far we looking alrite

Boca 0 - 2 Man Utd (Anderson, Valencia) so far we looking alrite
very impressed with valencia.the goal was the keepers fault, but valencia went passed 2 defenders and had decent shot.:Clap:

Nice celebration by Anderson after the freekick aswell
it's about time he had a bit of luck and scored.mind you it's probably the first time he's been able to take a free kick, now ronaldo's gone and giggs is on the bench:Clap:

Back