Manchester United thread

Manchester United's summer spending has given them the third most expensive squad in Europe, behind only neighbours Manchester City and Real Madrid.
United spent £389.1 million compiling Louis van Gaal's squad, with their newest signing, Anthony Martial,

only Real (£428.5m) and City (£408.1m) paid more in transfer fees to acquire their current group of players.

Yes but Real and City were shopping at Harrods while you were stuck in Lidl...

Start drinking early on fridays do we sweetie.
Some crackers here
Chelsea signings
Who mentioned lidl lol
Danilo Pantic Partizan£1,250,00001 Jul, 2015
Asmir Begovic Stoke£8,000,00013 Jul, 2015
Papy Djilobodji Nantes£2,700,00001 Sep, 2015
Michael Hector Reading£4,000,00001 Sep, 2015

Loaned a few out as well lol

When are you getting removed from @Fangface rectum lol
If I punched @Fangface in the belly, I am sure I would hit your head it is so far stuck up there lol
Enjoy your romance.

It's very dark in here @manic01. Pmpl
showing-ass-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Start drinking early on fridays do we sweetie.
Some crackers here
Chelsea signings
Who mentioned lidl lol
Danilo Pantic Partizan£1,250,00001 Jul, 2015
Asmir Begovic Stoke£8,000,00013 Jul, 2015
Papy Djilobodji Nantes£2,700,00001 Sep, 2015
Michael Hector Reading£4,000,00001 Sep, 2015

Loaned a few out as well lol

It's actually a pretty good business model to be fair.
With player inflation on a seemingly endless upwards trajectory, even players who don't make it a Chelsea will likely be sold for a handsome profit.

Yes but Real and City were shopping at Harrods while you were stuck in Lidl...

Chelsea have been in Netto this summer pal, so I wouldn't get into that argument. Poppadoppaloppallo instead of Stones and Hector who you bought and loaned back instead of Marquinos. At least united bought in genuine quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely ignoring the money spent columns to achieve the fantastic 15 point swing aren't we?

There's a pic doing the rounds on the net, I'll try dig it out, basically the squad that Ferguson left and how many of them have left/retired/gone upstairs. Basically there's only about 8-9 players left from a huge squad of nearing 30 players. That's why the money's had to be spent but with a bit of digging you might find that the net spend is rather acceptable. We've taken a bloated squad sold it, removed many from the wage bill and ended up with a smaller squad of better quality.
Example, the net spend this transfer window is around £40m, that in a window where United added one of the leagues better midfielders, also Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian and genuine raw talent of Martial.

Found it.
34b0f10d2d6de993f25c36659253225a.jpg

Ignoring the retired I can honestly say that I can't disagree with many of those greyed out to be fair, Van Persie is the only one that could get in the current United side.

It's actually a pretty good business model to be fair.
With player inflation on a seemingly endless upwards trajectory, even players who don't make it a Chelsea will likely be sold for a handsome profit.

That's a fair point, if that is the Chelsea business model but it's not famed for developing youth is it.
What your claiming to have is exactly the business model that Ferguson used so successfully in his time at United and it's still in operation today, our last signing was a 17 year old kid and we arguably have the youngest squad in the league.
Chelsea would have a couple of marquee signings in Stones and Marquinos IF you hadn't been ****ed off lol, which is exactly the Chelsea business model, what's grinding your gears is that United are blowing you out of the water financially. Fact is that it's actually Man City who are still splashing the cash like confetti and it's Man City who are the likeliest threat to your title yet it's United who you come after with your sniping whilst having one hand in miggys Man City underpants. Why ?

That's a fair point, if that is the Chelsea business model but it's not famed for developing youth is it.
What your claiming to have is exactly the business model that Ferguson used so successfully in his time at United and it's still in operation today, our last signing was a 17 year old kid and we arguably have the youngest squad in the league.
Chelsea would have a couple of marquee signings in Stones and Marquinos IF you hadn't been ****ed off lol, which is exactly the Chelsea business model, what's grinding your gears is that United are blowing you out of the water financially. Fact is that it's actually Man City who are still splashing the cash like confetti and it's Man City who are the likeliest threat to your title yet it's United who you come after with your sniping whilst having one hand in miggys Man City underpants. Why ?

Ffs fangy make your mind up, am I up your arse or in your underpants sweetie?. ;)

Ffs fangy make your mind up, am I up your arse or in your underpants sweetie?. ;)

Fangys from St Helens mate, he won't be no stranger to a bit of a reach around.

JOSE WANTED MARTIAL

Another bit of Chelsea-related news, and the Sunday Times have reported that Jose Mourinho wanted to steal Anthony Martial from under Manchester United’s nose.

The Blues were reportedly prepared to match United’s heft offer, but were told the sale was already done by Monaco.

You know as well as I do that a contract means jack sh*t these days.
Bale,Ronaldo and Suarez also signed new contracts the year before they left.

He had to sign the new deal otherwise you would refuse to play him and he'd lose his place for Spain in the euros.
But it's win win for him because he wants to play and now his agent has got him another 100k a week at least + a release clause which he will get a portion of.
I'd say he's got the better result from the mess you got yourselves in :)

It is good news for you though as he could make all the difference between you getting 4th rather than 5th this season.

Blimey you start drinking early on fridays sweetie, only way to explain the gibberish you come out with.
Worry about that relegation threatened team of yours, leave the top flight stuff to others.

So, what do we have here Gentlemen? a spot of dodgy driving it seems. lol

[video]http://media.balls.ie/uploads/2014/01/mata-gif.gif[/video]

Back