Manchester United thread

Anyway. Enough about the blue shite, lets get back on track.

View attachment 89947

Finally we have a midfield to compete against anyone.

Going back over last season Michael Carrick won every midfield battle he played in, he schooled City,Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea but he was completely overrun twice against Southampton. Schweinsteiger is one hell of a player to have as his composure and experience will see us through hell in the toughest ties but I do feel that Sneiderlin is going to be our midfield general. His pressing of the ball is outstanding and once he wins it back his rotation and possession stats have been on the highest level.
Add in Juan Mata and Ander Herrera to create and have Bastian or Carrick guarding the back four and we will frighten any team across Europe.

Just need a striker to accompany Rooney, who has hopefully played his last game in midfield and we will push every competition hard and with Fellaini able to come in and cause massive havoc when we are really struggling we have some excellent options.
I know we seem in dire need of a CB and think we might bring one in but in Rojo and Smalling for the spells they stood together we did have an excellent pairing but it would be nice to some quality in depth.
@Manc-Red
Schweiny wont need his legs if he has Sneiderlin next to him, the Frenchman is so mobile it's frightening and I think in really difficutk ties we could use Bastian and Carrick to anchor and the legs of Sniederlin to hunt and press whilst we counter from deep and distribute the ball into the pace of Di Maria - Rooney - Depay. It looks like a side very much geared toward European football but with enough depth and power to cope with the English prem.

lol-facepalm.gif

We should just give you the Premier League trophy now...

but not exactly pushed the elite lol

but will be interesting to see it all pan out for sure

lol-facepalm.gif

We should just give you the Premier League trophy now...

You wont know this but... Mourinhos master plan to beat United involved dropping a technically bereft footballer called Zouma to close down Maroune Fellaini and in the absence of a midfield it worked... But only just.
That wont work against a midfield that has experience, composure, legs and creativity. I can see this being a very different season from our point of view and your absence of words is telling pal :proud: With Carrick running our midfield last year we had a fluid football ive never before seen at Old Trafford but it all collapsed without him. Blind is not an able deputy for the composure Carrick brings but with Sneiderlin and Schweinsteiger coming in the picture is very different.
Get that cheque book out Roman, Hazard might not be capable of carrying the side for two full seasons and John Terry playing every single match is a miracle that wont be repeated, you rest assured of that.

Our 21st league title would be nice of course but you get to borrow the trophy for now and keep it nicely shined up for when we take it back, to the place it knows so well.

your absence of words is telling pal :proud:

gasman,gasman,gasman...have you never heard of the 'Don't count your chickens' expression?

Yes you've made a couple of good buys but you've won nothing yet.

gasman,gasman,gasman...have you never heard of the 'Don't count your chickens' expression?

Yes you've made a couple of good buys but you've won nothing yet.

We have made 4 good buys, yes I am quite excited by them and am posting my views in the United thread.
Not claimed any trophies have I ? lol

But our midfield is now formidable and will cope, unlike the past.. So yea im not worried about if Carricks fit or if Rooney will cope dropping into midfield or if Fellaini is creative enough or has the required quality to mix it with Madrid because now we have enough of a mix to control the ball for vast majorities of any football game against any opposition.

That's enough for me just now and its all true the Van Gaal blueprint so far, possession,possession and draw them out.

Edit: The possession of the ball is the missing tick in Mourinhos box, he's never mastered how to see his team dominate with the ball.

Van Gall had the likes of Ashley Young, Maroune Fellaini,Antonio Valencia and Johnny fecking Evans pushing stats above 65% possession with relative ease.

Last edited:
Even Tesco know you pillocks will overpay ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooooooooooooo Robins gone Turkey....

Deal done, Van Persie has signed for Fenerbache :( One of my favourite players to watch live, his subtlety and movement are a joy. Wish him all the best.

Done Deal: Fenerbahce sign Manchester United striker Robin van Persie | Football | Premier League Transfer News, Scores, Results & More | Daily Star

Well every cloud an all that, his departure does now mean he needs to be replaced and rumours are we've gone in for Cavani from PSG and with them sniffing around Di Maria we might just see a deal done, especially if Di Maria is still unsettled.

Ever seen the film midnight express?

Even Tesco know you pillocks will overpay ;)

Apparently they seem to have drastically reduced these cakes due to very little demand and an over stocked warehouse.;) pmpl

Dont think Cavani will play second fiddle to Rooney and he does not want to play out wide

The pre-season tour squad has been announced.
Blackett, Blind, Carrick, Darmian, De Gea, Depay, Evans,Fellaini, Goss, Herrera, Januzaj, Johnstone, Jones, Lindegaard, Lingard, Mata, McNair, Pereira, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Shaw, Smalling, Valencia, Wilson and Young.

Note that De Gea is going and there is no Victor Valdes !
No Di Maria or Rafael, which suggests the Nicolas Gaitan transfer is fairly imminent.

Van Gaal won't care, he will just pick whichever is playing best. Cavani wasn't all that when I saw him last year anyway, no better than Rooney anyway.

We should go for Zlatan instead, Rooney would be his bitch lol.

Manchester United are clear to sign Nicolas Otamendi with the defender refusing to return to Valencia, according to reports.
Otamendi is currently on holiday after playing for Argentina at the Copa America, but is due back to Valencia for pre-season training shortly.
However, amid growing talk that United are looking to sign him, Marca says Otamendi is refusing to go back to Valencia and is pushing to move.
United are keen on Otamendi with a deal for Sergio Ramos increasingly complex, as it is tied into the future of David De Gea.
Otamendi has a £35.5million release clause but United are hoping to be able to sign him for less than that.

Read more: Page not found | Metro UK

Van Gaal won't care, he will just pick whichever is playing best.

Thats the problem he will care,he wont drop his captain as he showed last season,unless injured,and Cavini wont want to warm the bench,would be a bad signing if it happened imho.

Back