Manchester United thread

Thats the problem he will care,he wont drop his captain as he showed last season,unless injured,and Cavini wont want to warm the bench,would be a bad signing if it happened imho.

I'm not that impressed by him to be honest and would prefer someone like Lewandoski, Pep with all his talk of false 9s and seeming dislike of the 9 striker might well prefer a player like Di Maria .. Swap deal ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manchester United are clear to sign Nicolas Otamendi with the defender refusing to return to Valencia, according to reports.
Otamendi is currently on holiday after playing for Argentina at the Copa America, but is due back to Valencia for pre-season training shortly.
However, amid growing talk that United are looking to sign him, Marca says Otamendi is refusing to go back to Valencia and is pushing to move.
United are keen on Otamendi with a deal for Sergio Ramos increasingly complex, as it is tied into the future of David De Gea.
Otamendi has a £35.5million release clause but United are hoping to be able to sign him for less than that.

Read more: Page not found | Metro UK

Definitely preferable, especially if it means DDG stays at the club, looks like Madrid are playing hard ball and we shouldn't accept anything under £20m or I would just prefer we ran his contract out and kept him another year.
Ramos would be a great player to have for his experience but he's a red card timebomb.
I've seen Otamendi and his distribution is very tidy but his feature is his tackling which is excellent.
Smalling, Otamendi, Rojo, Jones in that order would be great options.

I'm not that impressed by him to be honest and would prefer someone like Lewandoski, Pep with all his talk of false 9s and seeming dislike of the 9 striker might well prefer a player like Di Maria .. Swap deal ?

I'm not that impressed with him myself m8 tbh,

As long as Rooney is there,and Captain,it would be a waste of money to spend big on a striker,who would in essence be his understudy,

We need a CB and maybe a GK,striker can wait

I'm not that impressed with him myself m8 tbh,

As long as Rooney is there,and Captain,it would be a waste of money to spend big on a striker,who would in essence be his understudy,

We need a CB and maybe a GK,striker can wait

In last Friday's presser Van Gaal unveiled Depay and when pressed on signing a striker he alluded to Depay playing in a forwards role, so maybe we will concentrate elsewhere. If Wilson can make the step up we should be fine in cases of Rooney injuries.
Always nice to have 2 top strikers though as we have a mass of games again and the squad will need the depth... Especially IF we make it to Champions League proper :0

57 Trophies between them...

a7104b2e300fdafecbce639afc70fb9e.jpg

Him and fangy are responsible for half the fecking hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind seeing if Di Maria can recapture that early season promise as he was our best player and still ended the season our most productive with numerous assists.

Two games two wins now though and the new signings have looked fine, Sneiderlin on the scoresheet first game and Schweinsteiger organising and prowling in front of the back four both offering exactly the calmness and bite we've lacked. Darmian looks decent too, had a cracking game defensively first game and same again in the second but showed some great promise going forward. Depay really is an exciting prospect, he was good in the first game but in the second he nipped in and took his goal very well and his touch and running was looking more polished.

Easy ones out of the way and now to the test of Barcelona this Saturday, wonder if we will have the surprise striker that Van Gaal has promised by then lol. Either way our defence still looks shaky, Jones and Evans the main culprits and Blind should really never play CB again, hoping to see what the manager feels good is the strongest 11 this weekend.

dare i say it will never win big if jones & evans play together

weak link for sure

Jones is alright, when he's not diving across the floor trying to injure himself but Evans has been a liability a couple seasons now.
Rojo and Mike Smalling are decent together, if we ship Evans and get in a Ramos or Ottamendi quality player we will be on with a shout against anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tried watching this via Kodi and it's just buffering constantly. Able to watch it perfectly via the link from miggy :)

plenty of sources some good some bad just need to try just for info

Good game to watch, we look very pacey, night and day from watching the sluggish build up play from last year, Young and Shaw, Darmian and Mata, Rooney and Memphis all look like they will develop a good understanding, very positive signs from the squad.
De Gea really is a fantastic keeper though, losing him would be a huge blow :(

Van Gaal is rubbish at signing players . Just look at how well Rojo , di Maria and Falcao done

Back