Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manchester United thread

Premier League - De Gea set to join United

Tue, 24 May 22:50:00 2011

7cfb078428049c269df6b22aeb0b2ee3.jpg

The Spanish youngster, 21, is widely regarded as one of the top goalkeeping prospects in world football, having established himself as Atletico’s number one for the past two seasons.
"We've been working on it for quite a while, we identified him a while back as one we should go for," Ferguson told SkySports after the 2-1 friendly defeat to Juventus on Tuesday.
"He's a young goalkeeper, very quick, with good composure and presence. He's an outstanding replacement for Edwin van der Sar.
"We were looking for someone with the same types of qualities. One great quality Edwin always had was his composure and organisational ability.
"David De Gea is very similar that way."
De Gea had been on a list of possible replacements for the 40-year-old Dutchman and is expected to cost in the region of £18 million.
Eurosport

AndersonPhil Bardsley, Fabien Barthez, Russell Beardsmore, Bébé, David Beckham, David Bellion, Dimitar Berbatov, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Jesper Blomqvist, Mark Bosnich, Wes Brown, Steve Bruce, Nicky ButtFraizer Campbell, Eric Cantona, Michael Carrick, Chris Casper, Roy Carroll, Luke Chadwick, Michael Clegg, Andy Cole, Terry Cooke, Jordi Cruyff, Nick Culkin, John CurtisSimon Davies, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, Ritchie De Laet, Mame Biram Diouf, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Bojan Djordjic, Mal Donaghy, Dion DublinChris Eagles, Richard Eckersley, Jonny Evans, Patrice EvraRio Ferdinand, Darren Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlán, Quinton Fortune, Ben FosterDarron Gibson, Keith Gillespie, Andy Goram, Jonathan GreeningOwen Hargreaves, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Javier Hernández, Danny Higginbotham, Tim Howard, Mark HughesPaul Ince, Denis IrwinRonny JohnsenAndrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Kleberson, Tomasz KuszczakHenrik Larsson, Anders LindegaardPat McGibbon, Federico Macheda, Lee Martin (90s), Lee Martin (00s), Manucho, David May, Brian McClair, Liam Miller, Philip MulryneNani, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Erik NevlandGabriel Obertan, John O'Kane, John O'Shea, Michael OwenGary Pallister, Park Ji-sung, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Kevin Pilkington, Gerard Piqué, Karel Poborsky, Rodrigo Possebon, William Prunier, Danny PughFelipe Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Mark Robins, Bryan Robson, Lee Roche, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe RossiLouis Saha, Peter Schmeichel, Lee Sharpe, Teddy Sheringham, Paul Scholes, Les Sealey, Alan Smith, Mikaël Silvestre, Danny Simpson, Chris Smalling, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jonathan Spector, Jaap Stam, Michael StewartMassimo Taibi, Carlos Tevez, Zoran TosicAntonio Valencia, Raimond van der Gouw, Nemanja Vidic Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nilstelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón,Danny Wallace, Ronnie Wallwork, Gary Walsh, Neil Webb, Danny Welbeck, Ian Wilkinson, Mark WilsonDwight Yorke

Suppose lot of United fans will be very happy with news about De Gea, although I feel the amount of money being talked about is way too much especially for a young keeper that has only played in La Liga.

I seriously thought Fergie would take VDS advice and go for Stekelenburg, who is older and more experience, 28 is good age for any player, but for keeper even more so as they thereotically have longer careers, plus hes way cheaper to allow more cash to be spent on outfield players

Well whatever happens I hope our new number 1 keeper will do well :proud:

did u name them all lol
AndersonPhil Bardsley, Fabien Barthez, Russell Beardsmore, Bébé, David Beckham, David Bellion, Dimitar Berbatov, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Jesper Blomqvist, Mark Bosnich, Wes Brown, Steve Bruce, Nicky ButtFraizer Campbell, Eric Cantona, Michael Carrick, Chris Casper, Roy Carroll, Luke Chadwick, Michael Clegg, Andy Cole, Terry Cooke, Jordi Cruyff, Nick Culkin, John CurtisSimon Davies, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, Ritchie De Laet, Mame Biram Diouf, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Bojan Djordjic, Mal Donaghy, Dion DublinChris Eagles, Richard Eckersley, Jonny Evans, Patrice EvraRio Ferdinand, Darren Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Diego Forlán, Quinton Fortune, Ben FosterDarron Gibson, Keith Gillespie, Andy Goram, Jonathan GreeningOwen Hargreaves, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Javier Hernández, Danny Higginbotham, Tim Howard, Mark HughesPaul Ince, Denis IrwinRonny JohnsenAndrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Kleberson, Tomasz KuszczakHenrik Larsson, Anders LindegaardPat McGibbon, Federico Macheda, Lee Martin (90s), Lee Martin (00s), Manucho, David May, Brian McClair, Liam Miller, Philip MulryneNani, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Erik NevlandGabriel Obertan, John O'Kane, John O'Shea, Michael OwenGary Pallister, Park Ji-sung, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Kevin Pilkington, Gerard Piqué, Karel Poborsky, Rodrigo Possebon, William Prunier, Danny PughFelipe Ricardo, Kieran Richardson, Mark Robins, Bryan Robson, Lee Roche, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe RossiLouis Saha, Peter Schmeichel, Lee Sharpe, Teddy Sheringham, Paul Scholes, Les Sealey, Alan Smith, Mikaël Silvestre, Danny Simpson, Chris Smalling, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jonathan Spector, Jaap Stam, Michael StewartMassimo Taibi, Carlos Tevez, Zoran TosicAntonio Valencia, Raimond van der Gouw, Nemanja Vidic Edwin van der Sar, Ruud van Nilstelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón,Danny Wallace, Ronnie Wallwork, Gary Walsh, Neil Webb, Danny Welbeck, Ian Wilkinson, Mark WilsonDwight Yorke

Only !5:45 cant wait till kick off Squeaky bum time alright.

I know m8.Got everythin ready. Beer,Tena Lady,Pampers, bowl to cry in/be sick in/whack off in depending on result. Banned Utd hating m8s from comin round.

United Lose = Staying In
United win = Goin Out up town!!!!!

Premier League - Scholes calls time on glorious career

Tue, 31 May 09:07:00 2011

75c4ee9eab9f5a416bd6e561b9dd8569.jpg
Related Links

The news was widely anticipated as Scholes has mulled over his future in recent seasons and had not signed the new contract offered to him by Manchester United. Unlike evergreen team-mate Ryan Giggs, he has been afflicted by fitness problems in recent years and made 16 Premier League appearances this season.
Scholes retires as one of United's modern greats, having secured 10 league titles, two Champions Leagues, four FA Cups and three League Cups in a glittering career at Old Trafford that saw him lauded by players such as Zinedine Zidane and Xavi as one of the best players of his generation.
Scholes told the club's official webiste: "I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that playing football is all I have ever wanted to do and to have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honour. This was not a decision that I have taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing. To have been part of the team that helped the club reach that 19th title is a great privilege.
"I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my career, I would also like to thank all the coaches and players that I have worked with over the years, but most of all I would like to thank Sir Alex for being such a great manager, from the day I joined the club his door has always been open and I know this team will go on to win many more trophies under his leadership."
Scholes, 36, was one of the famed 'Fergie Fledglings' who emerged from the club's youth system after winning the FA Youth Cup in 1992, and burst to prominence when helping United secure the Double in 1995-96, alongside David Beckham, Giggs and Gary Neville.
Once a prolific scorer from midfield, in recent years he has relied on his vision and superb range of passing to remain an important asset for the club. He will now take on a coaching role for the start of next season and his testimonial game will be held in August.
Sir Alex Ferguson said: "What more can I say about Paul Scholes that I haven't said before. We are going to miss a truly unbelievable player. Paul has always been fully committed to this club and I am delighted he will be joining the coaching staff from next season. Paul has always been inspirational to players of all ages and we know that will continue in his new role."
Scholes won 66 England caps before retiring from international duty in 2004 in order to focus on his club commitments, although he rejected a late offer from Fabio Capello to participate in the World Cup last summer.
Eurosport

He is going to teach the kids how to tackle ;)

Sent from my iPhone using fingers and thumbs!

lol am i missing something???

posted at 15,48 5 houres and 45 mins takes time to 21 33 ????

lmao am i going stupid hear?

I think the whole misunderstanding was because he typed it !5:45 instead of 15:45,the mistake being the exclamation mark instead of the 1,
which then led to the whole post being misunderstood :)

lmao i thought i couldnt add up!!! thanks for putting my mind at rest!!!

as for scholes im glad hes retired he was well past it......... id just like to thank him for all the years at united when he wasnt past it and really was a great asset to manchester united.

congrats scholsey ill raise a glass to you tonight!!

Scholes a true United legend! My favourite player when I was a kid.

Praised as one of the best modern midfielders not only by other United legends in Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best, but managers and peers outside the club also such as Marcello Lippi and Zidane

Scholes has, is and will continue being a great asset as a coach, and if he can be as successful in coaching the united youth as he has on the pitch, then we'll have great young midfielders coming through. I cant wait to see the youngsters like Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe after couple years being coached from scholes.

Three cheers for the ginger ninja!
Think the time is right.Actually thought 2 seasons ago would have been right 4 him but as he has just won another PL medal and got the chance to play in another Champs League final i am pleased for him. Great servant to united and england(tho massively underused) and midfielder of the highest calibre - just ask those who played against him!!! Used to be a player I focused on the whole game cos he was awesome. like giggs adapted his game as the legs grew weary but always gave his all. Never mind 'Bend it like Beckham', lets have 'Slide-in Like Scholes' on at the cinema - tho it may carry an X-Cert lol

Back