Manchester United thread

Brilliant Brazilian playmaker Kaka believes Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in Europe at present.

The AC Milan player is hot favourite to win the European Footballer of the Year award, which is handed out by magazine France Football next month.

But Kaka has paid a glowing tribute to Ronaldo.

"He is the best, not only for his technical ability, but also for what he has done with Portugal," said Kaka to Italian media on Sunday.

John O'Shea has confirmed he's in talks about a new contract at Manchester United.

The 26-year-old insists he is happy to stay as he has been assured he is important to Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.

"The manager feels I am part of his plans, so we will wait and see," O'Shea told the Sunday Mirror.

"I have this season and the next on my current contract, but I am very close to signing a new deal that will keep me at United into my 30s.

"It is something I want to do. I want to stay here, everything is good and this is where I want to be.

"I have never looked to go elsewhere."

Nemanja Vidic is set to miss Manchester United's trip to Bolton on Saturday.
The defender is facing a club-versus-country dilemma after Uefa rescheduled Serbia's twice-postponed Euro 2008 qualifier against Kazakhstan for next weekend.

John O'Shea has confirmed he's in talks about a new contract at Manchester United.
The 26-year-old insists he is happy to stay as he has been assured he is important to Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.
"The manager feels I am part of his plans, so we will wait and see," O'Shea told the Sunday Mirror.
"I have this season and the next on my current contract, but I am very close to signing a new deal that will keep me at United into my 30s.
"It is something I want to do. I want to stay here, everything is good and this is where I want to be.
"I have never looked to go elsewhere."

looks like someone is post clocking here lol

I agree with Kaka..
Kaka played amazing in the Champions League but not the Serie A.. he only started playing good near the end of the season.. and not the Italian cup aswell..

Ronaldo Played Amazin in the Premier League and FA Cup.. and he played great in the Champions League so i honestly think he deserves it more..

Alot of people will say that Kaka outshone Ronaldo on the pitch.. and yea he did.. but dont forget AC milan rested their whole team for both games with Man Utd... and so the United players was more tired..

brilliant brainstorm by fergie to rest ronaldo wen they dnt hav rooney, fackin brilliant. How many times must united get beaten by a side in the bottom 3 before they realise to stop underestimating those sides, fackin clowns

Oh Dear ......

When Tevez misses a sitter from 2 yards you know it's not your day, crappy result but as posted above when you rest your best then you will pay the price.

Gutted...!

I don't often post in this thread, but will do today as I can't resist it lol

Get in there Anelka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anelka250707_468x752.jpg

Curly

OUCH................that hurt them Curly...you little:evil23::Devil::evil23:

To be honest, I was hoping we'd surprise ourselves and get another draw.
Instead, we go and do the impossible !!!
First time Bolton beat Man U at home since 1978!!

Sorry to the reds in here for milking my little moment of glory but we don't get many ;)

Curly

Sorry to the reds in here for milking my little moment of glory but we don't get many ;)
Curly

Dont apologise Curly m8...........................ENJOY my good man

pmsl

Curly
Ya swine yar and i do so hope that Bolton avoid relegation after this :Devil: HeHe
;)

the one time i was wanting the mancs to win they fook it up...............cost me £96 on my bet the shits

Ronaldo on world player shortlist

Cristiano Ronaldo is on a three-man shortlist for Fifa's world player of the year award.
The 22-year-old Portugal winger is up against AC Milan's Brazilian star Kaka, who is the favourite, and Argentine Lionel Messi, who plays for Barcelona

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7121175.stm

Ferguson cool on January signings

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson seems certain not to buy any players in the January transfer window after questioning how helpful it is.
United have been linked with strikers Nicolas Anelka and Dimitar Berbatov but Ferguson told Inside United magazine: "I think the squad is good enough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7124525.stm

Back