Manchester Bikers Fuel Protest This coming THURSDAY

if it is about survival, then you have to care about the environment.

I part agree with that statement..

I live in oldham, which is in gtr manchester..

I see this place as a s*ithole.. its overcrowded with smelly b*st*rd* who cant even be bothered to wash.. i go in allot of houses everyday which i wouldnt even sh*t on their couches...

why should i care about this place when the people in it dont give a toss??

im a big admirer of the scottish countryside.. walking the beaches the other day i found myself picking fishing hooks and cans up and putting them in the bin...

Back to cars..

I have 4 cars to drive on long drives.. ie scotland...

2 are 1.6ltr petrols, 1 is a 1.9 ltr petrol. and the last one is a 4.0ltr diesel..

and i use the 4.0ltr not to polute the enviroment but to save on fuel costs as this vehical costs less and uses less...

we now use 50/50 cooking oil and deisel in the car and im thinking of adding a fuel heater so we can use 100% pvo and this car will then save on cost and the enviroment..

So we have alternative fuels but at this present time i dont think the general public know which way to go.. It seems that the public are brainwashed into the fact that there is only 2 fuels when infact there is 3 or 4 methods..

so make all public transport run on bio fuels then , stop making big ass airbus airplanes,stop making ships that burn 4000 gallons of fuel an hour
het rid of coal powered ,powerstations

and let everyone drive a car , its not the car thats the problem its the trains ,ships planes etc that in one hour burn as much fuel as a standard car could run on for a lifetime

doubt if im gonna start going 40 plus miles a day on a bike ,bus or train more chance of hell freezing over first , just because some ppl thinking that if they put the price up on fuel in the uk and stop a few thousand ppl from using there cars its gonna save the world then they need a reality check

I part agree with that statement..

I live in oldham, which is in gtr manchester..

I see this place as a s*ithole.. its overcrowded with smelly b*st*rd* who cant even be bothered to wash.. i go in allot of houses everyday which i wouldnt even sh*t on their couches...

why should i care about this place when the people in it dont give a toss??

im a big admirer of the scottish countryside.. walking the beaches the other day i found myself picking fishing hooks and cans up and putting them in the bin...

Back to cars..

I have 4 cars to drive on long drives.. ie scotland...

2 are 1.6ltr petrols, 1 is a 1.9 ltr petrol. and the last one is a 4.0ltr diesel..

and i use the 4.0ltr not to polute the enviroment but to save on fuel costs as this vehical costs less and uses less...

we now use 50/50 cooking oil and deisel in the car and im thinking of adding a fuel heater so we can use 100% pvo and this car will then save on cost and the enviroment..

So we have alternative fuels but at this present time i dont think the general public know which way to go.. It seems that the public are brainwashed into the fact that there is only 2 fuels when infact there is 3 or 4 methods..
hurray! A sensible comment!

You are right, if others are only concerned with the here and now and dont really care about the environment they are in, why should anyone else?

As for alternatives to petro-fuels - petro-deisel in this instance, you are again entirely correct. People just dont seem to understand there is another method of fueling a diesel. If the haulage industry looked into the possibility of bio-deisel, how much money would it save them every year? I have no idea, I would willingly accept an answer from them.

On the topic of Scotland, you are again correct, there is some lovely countryside up here underneath the empty MacDonalds bags and cans of lager.

so make all public transport run on bio fuels then , stop making big ass airbus airplanes,stop making ships that burn 4000 gallons of fuel an hour
het rid of coal powered ,powerstations

and let everyone drive a car , its not the car thats the problem its the trains ,ships planes etc that in one hour burn as much fuel as a standard car could run on for a lifetime

doubt if im gonna start going 40 plus miles a day on a bike ,bus or train more chance of hell freezing over first , just because some ppl thinking that if they put the price up on fuel in the uk and stop a few thousand ppl from using there cars its gonna save the world then they need a reality check

I think this is already underway - the Royal Navy is looking at bio-deisel powered warships for instance. I would prefer one huge plane to 100 smaller ones, less emissions. As for fossil fuel burning power stations, the government is already looking to build more nuclear power plants.

And if you make everyone drive a car, doesn that increase the problem?

@ karym6 and the goverment all ride around in eco friendly cars ? they all doing the best for planet boll*cks. wish we all could have your rose tinted specs and the goverment dont tax us to death

Last edited:
all the government need to do is reduce the fuel duty to bring the price down to what it was before it went mental
that way we have fuel at a price we paid before and the government still have the same taxes it did have now me i didnt get a doctorate or something like that ,that some ppl think u need to work these things out
ffs
i dojnt like paying taxes as it is but if they dropped the taxes on fuel, drink, smoking
get ready to start paying about 80p in the pound tax
i bet all the goodie goodies who said stop ppl smoking so we can all breathe didnt relise that for everybody who stops smoking
the taxes that the government receive drops so they have to get it from else where

No, global warming is not an invention of governments all over the world.

Whilst car emmisions may only contribute to 4% of global warming, there are also other emmisions from any vehicle burning petro-fuels, such as jets, boats etc.

You are also completely wrong about the planet cooling down over the last few years. The temperature has risen steadily since the 1950's, coupled with a reduction of snow in the northern hemisphere. This kind of alludes to an increase in temperature globally - not a reduction. One of the main factors that has caused this is down to increased global emissions of Co2 into the atmosphere. 56% of these Co2 emissions are the result of burning fossil fuels.

My facts can be backed up from here: http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar4/syr/ar4_syr_spm.pdf

Where are your facts from?

Global Warming may be a fact. Whether man is causing it is still a THEORY, with not very strong arguments I might add.
The CO2 in the atmosphere is only 0.05%.
The world has NOT been warming up since the 50's. In the 70's the same scientists said we were heading for a new Ice Age.

You can websites that refute the one you posted.

Global Warming may be a fact. Whether man is causing it is still a THEORY, with not very strong arguments I might add.
I dont think we can avoid responsibility for this one. Almost every computer model ever done shows that current weather trends can only be accounted for if u add the co2 that is man made.

The world has NOT been warming up since the 50's.
View attachment 41160

Not true global temperatures have been steadily rising since the 70's
In the 70's the same scientists said we were heading for a new Ice Age.

This is because of melting ice due to global temerature rises interfereing with the atlantic conveyor

No one wants to feel responsible for global warming but very few of us can ignor all the evidence. We did it gov.

Last edited:
The world has NOT been warming up since the 50's. In the 70's the same scientists said we were heading for a new Ice Age.

you need to read the report I posted a link to. It states that the global temperature has been risng since the 50's and that 56% percent of Co2 in the atmosphere comes from burning fossil fuels. It also states the reason for this is due to large emissions of Co2 since the 1700's. This isnt theory, its fact.

As to the comment about the government driving around in eco-friendly cars, I dont know. But I assume you have information to prove that they dont? Only last week I walked past a police station only to see a whole bunch of LPG police cars...

The report I posted is official one, and quite impartial. It has been set up in part by the UN: http://www.ipcc.ch/about/index.htm and I dont doubt there are sites out there that will say otherwise. There are, after all, rather large and rich oil companies getting even richer from this fiasco, are there not?

ur banging ur head against a brick wall m8

if the UN invented 'Moon Warming' karym6 would be the first in line to tell u all about it

Reactions: K

if the UN invented 'Moon Warming' karym6 would be the first in line to tell u all about it

Sorry @ karym but this post is top class.. good one mate :)

Fortunately, the UN didnt invent global warming either.

Look, I understand that many people are feeling the pinch when it comes to fuel prices. I also understand that many companies are finding it hard to run their vehicles with the current fuel prices. What I dont understand is why they are not looking into other alternatives, such as different fuels etc, cleaner engines.

If something doesnt work, and is unsustainable, why continue to use it? By some of the comments here so far, I presume a number of people will be protesting when the supply of oil dwindles?

At the moment, many people are worried about driving to work, or driving to the shops. A lot of UK businesses are (rightly) worried about how they will be able to afford to fuel their own vehicles to keep operating. These are all immediate effects. What will happen when farm vehicles are no longer able to work in the fields? Or when fishing boats are no longer able to go out to sea? These are not immediate effects, but without fuel they will not be able to function. This will cause an increase in the price of food etc.

Oil is a finite supply and it would be foolish of anyone to expect it to last for ever. As production techniques become more efficient, more oil will be produced. As more oil is produced, supply will dwindle - the better the production method the faster it will go.

So, as you can see (hopefully) its not just about high costs now, its about the lack of fuel in the future. And when I say future, I mean 2018, this is the time that the oil production in Saudi is predicted to peak. Saudi Arbia remains the worlds largest oil producer.

One report here: http://www.theoildrum.com/node/3064 suggests that world oil production has already peaked. However, there seems to be much discussion about this at the moment.

Basically, the answer to this problem is not to reduce fuel prices, but instead to deliver more efficient engines, alternative fuels and improve the public transport infrastructure. With the millions the government will be making on fuel duties, improving public transport shouldnt be too hard a target to attain.

There no such things as golbar warming its another verison of govemnt control - Look into the past history of the eath - the ice ages ect we'v been here before. I do get what your saying about the oil - but then why havent the goverment start to install hydrogen fuling stations - honda all ready got a civic that selling in canada (only place with fule stations) - so why havent the goverment starting building hydrogen fuleing stations yet

There no such things as golbar warming its another verison of govemnt control - Look into the past history of the eath - the ice ages ect we'v been here before. I do get what your saying about the oil - but then why havent the goverment start to install hydrogen fuling stations - honda all ready got a civic that selling in canada (only place with fule stations) - so why havent the goverment starting building hydrogen fuleing stations yet
The government hasnt started building them as it is not their job to do it, thats up to the fuel companies.

As for global warming, you are vastly incorrect - it is definitely not an invention of the government and is definitely not a version of government control. I have seen nonsense like that posted here before, and tbh I am shocked that people really think the concept of global warming has been invented by the government.

1. the fuel protests are attempting to drop fuel prices for all road users. it may have escaped the attention of some but even truck drivers need a car to get to work, go shopping etc etc etc. the essential user rebate is just one of several 'other objectives' that we have. things have changed since 2000 so the focus has changed too! last weeks protests should have included private vehicles but the police turned them away. you wouldnt read that in the press and even we would not have known had we not been informed by people who wished to show their support but were denied the opportunity.

2. trucks are one of the cleanest form of transport around. thanks to EU legislation we are currently driving around in very clean and fuel efficient trucks. they are not the smelly dirty vehicles that they once were.

3. global warming and the whole 'green issue' is the governments excuse for taxing everything they can get away with. the fact is that the earth has always been changing temperature and will continue to do so in the future. it is a natural cycle just as the reversal of the mangnetic polarity which is also happening as we speak.

4. the 2p tax raise that the government is talking about freezing means nothing. fuel will be up that much next week and until there is a viable alternative ie something that can last as long as a tank of petrol/diesel that is widely available and affordable to convert to and use, we are stuck with our current fuelling demands.

only a fool blindly believes what the government and press tell them.

so, to be entirely inclusive then, I presume many of the protester beleive that global warming is an invention of of the government to tax drivers then, and nothing more?

On tje point of being turned away from the protest due to it "being only for lorries", where does this information come from? There is nothing on the transaction site that gives info out on how people can join the protest, regardless of transport. There doesnt appear to be anything on that site either giving instructions on how to support the protest either. Dont come back and say "its all in the forums", you need to register to get access - where is the public information on this and why isnt it available to all?

Also, if only fools beleive the press, why is there nothing on the transaction2007 site stating what happened? Why is there no press section? Why is there no mention of private drivers on the front page? Why is there only mention of UK Hauliers? Why is there no mention of how clean UK lorries are at the moment? There seems to be a staggering amount of missing information there, and a staggering amount of non-public access for a site that promotes a public cause.

If you are a mod there, surely you can address this with the site owners? Make it more expansive? Include more information on how people can support you? Provide more access to information on how to protest? And make it clear on the main site that this is a cause for all drivers?

Surely if people are being turned away by the police, you would want to have that on the main page?

Finally, point 3 of scannys post; yes global warming is a natural occurence and has happened in the past, however Co2 emissions from burning fossil fuels have increased its growth. The mention you have made about the magnetic poles shifting, you are making a rather large blunder there. You are discussing Precession: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_(astronomy), something that has nothing to do with global warming whatsoever.

To put it simply, if you have a cause to promote, make all the information about it freely available. Make sue everyone knows what to do when it comes to the protests themselves, and organise it so that everyone who wants to protest can. Make it very clear about who can attend and how safety can be organised etc. Right now, all there is is a site stating they are trying to reduce fuel costs for the UK haulage industry.

Dont complain about lack of information in the press, you are your own press now. Publish your own reports, speak to the papers yourselves and get yourselves a press officer or something.

karym6 do you drive a car ? because all you seem to be spouting about is global warming us drivers of cars etc have had enough of the high taxes we all pay to the goverment just to go about our every day lives car owners get hit hard in the pocket if we all said ok we will all use public transport they wont be able to cope these petrol taxes has got nothing to do with stopping global warming its just to line the pockets of the goverment as the old saying goes born free taxed to death

karym6 do you drive a car ? because all you seem to be spouting about is global warming us drivers of cars etc have had enough of the high taxes we all pay to the goverment just to go about our every day lives car owners get hit hard in the pocket if we all said ok we will all use public transport they wont be able to cope these petrol taxes has got nothing to do with stopping global warming its just to line the pockets of the goverment as the old saying goes born free taxed to death
No, I dont drive. I dont need to, I live in a city where the public transport is good enough for what I need to do to travel. If I dont need transport, I use shanks pony to get where I need to go. I also fully respect that for some people this isnt good enough - if there is one thing I am not saying, it is that people shouldnt drive. I am just pointing out that a reduction in the price of fuel isnt the answer to the problem.

When I worked out of town, I got the train, it was cheaper than using a car (I was working in Fife and at the time there was a toll on the bridge).

And you are incorrect about these taxes just lining the pockets of the government, if that were the case why are they making road tax cheaper? Why are cleaner fuels cheaper? Why are vehicles that are much more economic to run? Why have they held back on a rise in fuel duty?

I had a funny feeling that you don`t drive a car but if you did you will be like most people getting fed up of high taxes. they use the motorist as cash dispensers as the goverment know most people cant be with out a car and public transport where i live is a joke and yes i do live in a city and time i pay bus fares for myself and family i might aswell put fuel in my tank

Back