Manchester Bikers Fuel Protest This coming THURSDAY

I don't think that anybody is saying that global warming isn't happening. I think the main point that people are making is that it was likely to happen anyway as the whole globe goes through a cyclical heating and cooling process. Hence the past ice ages. And most facts point toward the fact that we as a population do not have as much influence on the speed at which it happens as some would have us beleive.
Yes the government do give tax breaks to cleaner fuels cars etc. But unless I am mistaken these tax breaks amount to around what it used to cost to run an average car previously. So they have made it more expensive for most people and left it around the same for those trying to be greener NOT cheaper.
The government charge us the highest rates of taxes on fuel which I think is in part due to the lessening amount of smokers and the lower vat gained from this sector of the public.
If the government did want us to use greener fuels such as biodiesel for instance. Then why do the make it so Hard? I have been looking into it and there is no clear government blurb on how much duty to pay, how to declare it etc.
And definately no info on how to make it.
The government aren't interested in us using cheaper fuels because 17.5% at 20p a litre is a lot less money to them than prices of 120 plus.
I back the haulier association as they have got off there arses and done something. Whereas most peeps just moan.
Good luck to them and if it helps everyone else then thats great too.
And with public transport being an absolute joke in this country I can't see that being an option.
Sorry this is turning into a rant..........

Last edited:
in reply to the bits in bold ... ALL the information for protests is and WAS on the FRONT PAGE that you dont need to register to access..!

I quote from the front page that current, being as its updated since the protest

So to sumerise... Think you should read the whole site before making assumptions..!

Information on how to join the protest was on the very same page in the same space thats now occupied by the above text !

http://www.transaction-2007.com/

I did read the whole site, I didnt join the forum to see any posts there, free views to the public dont seem to be available

Theres plenty of oil left in the world.

Its mainly in places that require a lot of effort to extract(deep water),ultimately it will stay in these places until its profitable to extract.At the moment we are using oil thats easy to extract and makes sense.
The present oil rise prices are due to speculation and spot buyers cashing in.

its the front page of the site and you DO NOT need to be a member to see it !

If you cant see the info on that link then i suggest you look at your computer mate
its there now, yes.

Look, all I am saying is that if you want to present a coherent protest to the public, then you need to spend more time and effort on you (currently) only source of promotion. There have been people on this thread who have initially disagreed with the fact it is not only for UK hauliers, after explanation they now agree with your protest. Plain and simple.

Personally, I do not agree that allowing a fuel rebate is the best course of action - if you cannot accept that from me here, how are you going to accept it from the general public who also hold this belief at the moment? Will you argue with them also? How will you win them over to your side?

What you have failed to notice up to this point is that I agree with you in principle, yes the UK haulage industry needs to get out of this problem, and I am all for it. However, I do not accpet that lowering fuel costs to them is the way forward. There will be many more people in the UK who will have the same point of view, and that group (Transaction2007) will need to know how to deal with it.

Its been there since the protest action last week ? !!!

I think you will find a vast majority of the general public are sick of the level of taxation in this god forsaken country and are behind us.. all people we have spoke with are behind us... now if you think of the member base of the site, if we all asked say 10 people.. thats 2877 x 10... do the math... thats ALOT of people and growing daily.

Ok you agree with us.. so where is the problem lol

dont try and misquite me, I agree that if the industry is to be saved, then something needs to be done. I do not agree that lowering the price of fuel for this sector is essential for this to happen - where will the cost of the rebate go?

As many people here are ever so quick to point out, the government likes to tax. So who is going to carry the burden? If the rebate only occurs for essential users, then there is only one logical place for the bew burden to rest, and that is squarely on the shoulders of non-essential users.

Plus, the member base of the site is irrelevant, it all depends on the impact any protest will have. Doing them on school holidays will only upset people, and so far there has been no positive impact what so ever. Now even if you think its a sucess, very few people on the outside do right now, it up to Transaction2007 to make sure they hold the day.

I personally think the concept of a protest is pointless, after all its a waste of fuel if nothing more.

if this is the way you are going to speak to people who do not agree with your agenda, do you think you will have a positive impact all over the UK?

my previous posts did not contain a blunder. the reversal of the magnetic field is completely unrelated to climate change but it is a natural event and is therefore merely an example of something else that is beyond our control!

as i was working last night i accessed the protesters forum via my mobile and i read the front page. i then pointed out that it is giving an inaccurate perception of what the site is about. my views have been agreed with and i would imagine the core founders are addressing this problem.

the press will not report on cars being turned away from the protest. it isnt in their interests.

press releases are provided on the site. they even have their own section. how you are unable to see it i dont know

i finished at half 2 this morning. i would be interested in hearing how i get from livingston to bo'ness without a car at that time of the morning when there is no train station and the last bus is at around 10pm

reducing fuel duty will not harm the government coffers. it simply prevents them getting their hands on the excess that they would not have budgeted for and besides, how much are they wasting? cut back on expenditure and you have more to spend. simple mathematics!

as people have pointed out on this thread, yourself included I think, the press doesnt seem to be entirely favourable to you. And I have suggested that you use your influence as a mod on that site to turn it around.

Fortunatley, I have been stating facts so far as well as sticking to my beliefs.

my previous posts did not contain a blunder. the reversal of the magnetic field is completely unrelated to climate change but it is a natural event and is therefore merely an example of something else that is beyond our control!

as i was working last night i accessed the protesters forum via my mobile and i read the front page. i then pointed out that it is giving an inaccurate perception of what the site is about. my views have been agreed with and i would imagine the core founders are addressing this problem.

the press will not report on cars being turned away from the protest. it isnt in their interests.

press releases are provided on the site. they even have their own section. how you are unable to see it i dont know

i finished at half 2 this morning. i would be interested in hearing how i get from livingston to bo'ness without a car at that time of the morning when there is no train station and the last bus is at around 10pm

reducing fuel duty will not harm the government coffers. it simply prevents them getting their hands on the excess that they would not have budgeted for and besides, how much are they wasting? cut back on expenditure and you have more to spend. simple mathematics!

very well said mate :)

Information seems to appear on the site in an instant to some people's eyes.. we better contact harry potter ffs lol

!

an event that takes 5000 years to manifest itself, and at such a slight rate no one will notice it. Unlike global warming and worldwide comsumption of oil, which we can all notice right now.... And is also completely off topic.

and of course you have seen the proof that the temperature has been rising since the 1950's?

SO have you seen the logs from the start of records to prove that it is not a natural cycle ?

Fook me your geting boring now:BLOBBY:
I have read the report that discusses the increase in the global temerature since records began, yes. One of the conclusions of this report was that the global temperature increase from the 1950's onwards is partly down to the increase in Co2 in the atmoshpere.

My last post must have been missed....................theres plenty of oil, at the moment we are using the easy to extract oil.
The finds in deep water are'nt needed yet or economically viable to extract,1 day they will.

My last post must have been missed....................theres plenty of oil, at the moment we are using the easy to extract oil.
The finds in deep water are'nt needed yet or economically viable to extract,1 day they will.

sense! i have to agree with this post. how do we know oil is running out globally? the next source has not been discovered yet. or has it? none of us know where the oil companies are drilling or how they know where to look. there is a huge amount of landmass on the planet where oil could still be found and an even greater mass of water, some of which we cannot even reach the depths of so how can anyone claim that oil is running out? i mean anyone as in anyone who is not connected with the government!

i would like to know what 'influence' we have over the press? we are forum moderators, not government ministers or civil servants

true, there may indeed be further oil reserves to be discovered, but the disovery rate has already peaked. Either way, it wont help the situation right now will it?

you have the same influence on the press as any other organisation, it is up to you to manage it to your advantage.

Whether it ha peaked or not - it still stands that we have the most expensive fuel in the world!!! Compared to about £1.50 per "GALLON" in America and from what I heard the commentator on the footie say last night its 10p per litre in Trinidad??

The government will always trot out the "shortages" and the "green" excuses to cost us more money!!!

Same as they do with fags - whack them up 10p per packet every year for our own good!!!

I think the whole country should refuse to buy fuel for a week - cripple the country and then they will have to back down
!!!

The arctic is virtually un-tapped but is well known for massive reserves,when the time comes it'll be exploited whether the environmentalists like it or not.
Aint gonna be no easy task given the hostle environment/logistics.

The arctic is virtually un-tapped but is well known for massive reserves,when the time comes it'll be exploited whether the environmentalists like it or not.
Aint gonna be no easy task given the hostle environment/logistics.

both the artic and antarctic are suspected to have huge oil reserves - but at the moment they do not produce a drop, so it is of no use at the moment. Also, it is not completely proven that they do. Now, take into account that they are international property - who has the rights there?

Granted, if there is a need from the oil there, it will be pumped.

Back