Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

major problems with router and net

The E4200 is a dual band router so have 2 wireless interfaces one on the 2.4Ghz channel and the other on the 5 GHz channel

Thanks guys will have a look. So I am ok to leave both interfaces on.

Any other settings I need to be aware of.

The E4200 is a dual band router so have 2 wireless interfaces one on the 2.4Ghz channel and the other on the 5 GHz channel

yes i know that mate i have a netgear that do that, i was trying to tell him his 2 networks should be different names and password. he maybe trying to get on the one that is not enabled for wireless. my setup has different names and passwords anyway lol
my router can be changed to only have one network in the settings, so that was why i was saying he could do that if he dont want the 2 networks.

best to start again from the beginning, if you want 2 networks give them different names.
if your wireless card in anything your trying to connect to the 5 GHz channel is not compatible it will not work on that network
also try different channels some are better than other's for range.

Hi Guys

My belkin router now wont pick up a WAN IP From Modem. What is going on :(.

I have rebooted modem and router about 10 times and still same issue.

Connect modem directly to computer and pick up internet straight away so defo nothing wrong with modem.

No I have three routers having same issue so surely they cant all not be working. For some reason the router cannot assign a WAN IP. Why could this be ??

have a look at your network card settings and make sure that everything, especially the TCP/IP settings for it are set to auto.

try a command prompt ipconfig can force a reset, where something has got stuck.

Make sure you power off the laptop / pc when you swap it's connection between modem and router. Router should be running before you try and connect the laptop / pc.

other than this im lost lol

Last edited:
update

Got home from work. Done a factory reset on belkin router and it has picked up the WAN IP and is working. How long this lasts I dont know.

Again cant figure why it wasnt accepting a WAN IP from modem. Can any experts shed any light on this please. Thanks

Still got issue and vermin are a waste of space.

wont send me new modem. Upgraded package and will get superhub and will use tht in modem mode. Will hopefully sort issues out

why not install Tomato firmware .. I had ddwrt installed on my E2000 but installed tomato toastman version last night and wifi seems to be better compared to ddwrt - on ddwrt I used to get around 65 mb/sec but now with Tomato I am getting 120 mb/sec.

Also QoS on Tomato works where as it doesnt on ddwrt

Last edited:
why not install Tomato firmware .. I had ddwrt installed on my E2000 but installed tomato toastman version last night and wifi seems to be better compared to ddwrt - on ddwrt I used to get around 65 mb/sec but now with Tomato I am getting 120 mb/sec.

Also QoS on Tomato works where as it doesnt on ddwrt

Thanks mate will have a look into it . Cheers

Back