major problems with router and net

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

I keep losing my internet connection my isp is vermin.

i have a linksys router e4200 flashed with dd-wrt. I can connect to wireless to my routrer but internet wont work at all. Connection directly to modem internet is working fine.

Router keeps losing my internet connection. This is a bramd new linksys router only 2 days old.

What is this issue cos really irrittating me now and i can for the life of me figure out what the problem is

Could someone help please. Thanks

Plugged in my belkin router and connect to net straight away??? Gets more strange

the channel the router is broadcasting on its in the options in your routers page change the channel from auto to a number.
Go to Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings and change the Channel there.

what version of dd wrt are you running also where did you get this router from and how much, as I am also have a cisco router .. I assume this is dual band

the channel the router is broadcasting on its in the options in your routers page change the channel from auto to a number.
Go to Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings and change the Channel there.

This my channel settings in Belkin Router

Belkin 54g Wireless Channel.JPG

This is the wirless settimgs area in dd-wrt router. Which setting do i change

Wireless Settings.JPG

what version of dd wrt are you running also where did you get this router from and how much, as I am also have a cisco router .. I assume this is dual band

This my router version shown below.I got it from fleabay from someone in America all flashed and ready

Router Version.JPG

The belkin router has been online with no issues. Try to connect linkysy and this is the erro i get when running disgnostics on computer. DNS Server error but modem is working no issues ??
Confused.com

DNS Server Unaviable Error.JPG

What settings do I need to enable that works for you mate and i can replicate this on mine as well.

is QoS enabled on the router ?

is QoS enabled on the router ?

Where do I check this mate?

did you re flash it to work in the uk im not to clued up on this but you may need to.
Wireless-N Configuration - DD-WRT Wiki
try to chance to channel 11 the same as your working router

No I didnt reflash in UK. Was told by seller it will work straight out the box and do not need a reflash. I dont think you do as well as just one firmware doesnt matter of country that you reside in.

Will try that mate. I dont think it is a specific wirless issue as the ps3 connected through my LAN also doesnt pick up the Internet from router.

The router seems to have an issue picking up the connection from modem and assigning a DNS I am thinking??? Possibly but what do I change for it do so.???

Any ideas. Cheers guys.

i see in the second pic you posted that it say in the bottom that you have one of the 2 networks your running in the router disabled.
this may b your problem cos if your trying to connect wireless le to that network it will not work, because your have wireless turned off on that one.
so try to connect to the top network, as i said i dont know about this firmware but should your 2 networks not have different names and passwords the both ore yours are named dd-wrt

i see in the second pic you posted that it say in the bottom that you have one of the 2 networks your running in the router disabled.
this may b your problem cos if your trying to connect wireless le to that network it will not work, because your have wireless turned off on that one.
so try to connect to the top network, as i said i dont know about this firmware but should your 2 networks not have different names and passwords the both ore yours are named dd-wrt

Honestly mate I dont know why there are two wireless networks as well. Should there be two or one.

Honestly mate I dont know why there are two wireless networks as well. Should there be two or one.
if you set it up with 2 then yes there will be 2.
try to change the name of the top one then connect to it
there should be a bit in your router page to just setup one network if thats what you want.

No idea how to change to one as it doesnt allow you to?

Will change name and see if I can see 2 networks.

Could peeps who use ddwrt let me know settings that work for them
and i can replicate these for mine

i take it the top one has been set up for wireless
and the bottom one set up for wired
if you only want one network it should be easy to just chance it at the start screen.
there should be a setup wizard there mate

The E4200 is a dual band router so have 2 wireless interfaces one on the 2.4Ghz channel and the other on the 5 GHz channel

Back