Loop hole in Sky Movies Pin setup

WICKED my day gets better i just tried my movies this morning and virgin has finally got round to sorting the pin problem in newcastle area then i find this thread and i san surf the channels aswell

IVE FINALLY GOT MY MOVIES BACK YA BA DA BA DOO :licker:

Hi i dont no my pin how can a rest this?? I had a look in eng menu but it seems i got access to change it just ....

If any1 no's please help

Thanks In advance

this is strange guys. from reading this thread it seems after the pin fix everyone still had to enter a pin, however ever since the fix all my movie channels work and ive never had to enter the pin not once. they work from morning until evening and no red button or pin box. im in ex c/w bolton with a pace 2000.

this is strange guys. from reading this thread it seems after the pin fix everyone still had to enter a pin, however ever since the fix all my movie channels work and ive never had to enter the pin not once. they work from morning until evening and no red button or pin box. im in ex c/w bolton with a pace 2000.

thats strange as even the standard mode in settings makes you pin never mind i wouldnt complain lol

is it an old version of the software, my brothers got a 4010 on old software and he doesnt have to enter pin either

is it an old version of the software, my brothers got a 4010 on old software and he doesnt have to enter pin either

hi there yes i think it is the old software as my pace 2000 consists of the old blue menu.

Just got round to testing it myself. I've noticed if you reboot you have do the whole process again but who cares as long as it works.

i noticed when you reboot you have to go it again aswell anyone know why? or how to sort this?

thanks again

i noticed when you reboot you have to go it again aswell anyone know why? or how to sort this?

thanks again

There is no option in the firmware to turn off the pin protection. This is just a bug that exists in the firmware that needs sorting which is why you can view the channels without the pin. It cannot be sorted out unless Virgin offer the option to turn it off.

i wsih my v+ box didn't reboot every now and then. has anyone tried to go on the channels with no pin set in engerners menu

this works a treat in ex c/w on sammy 2100c cheers!

DOGS BOLLOCKS MAN

Cheers mate,works on my 4001nc,just did it,now i dont have to put that pin ineverytime i change channels.

Works a treat. Thanks to OP. All I need now is some popcorn lol

this works a great in ex c/w Manchester on sammy 2100c cheers
Thank F*** for that it was driving me mad after only a night!! :banana::banana:

I noticed this before but my box resets itself everyday.

This means that you have to perform this trick once everyday.

Does anybody know how to make it last longer?

YR

works but have to re do it everytime box is put on standby.....

handy bug but i doubt there will be an option as its the only thing allowing sky to show 12-15-18 pre water shed..

I have done 2 or 3 diff boxes now, exc&w Ports, and like others, no matter what box it is, it resets itself after a while and asks for pin again.

I even did it on my mates subbed box, and again, it worked for 1 day, and went off again!!

Would love for it to stay off tho, really makes a difference when ya dunno what to watch!!!

Back