Loop hole in Sky Movies Pin setup

sakiblateef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this info posted elsewhere;

I seem to have discovered(just minutes ago) a loophole in the PIN system. I can switch between the movie channels at this very moment with having to press the red button or even enter the PIN.

1) Go into the 'Locked Channels' section of the 'Settings' Menu. You will need the PIN for this bit so the kiddies shouldn't be able to do it.
2) Move down to the movie channels and lock the channel and then unlock it again.
3) Do this for each of the required channels.
You should now be able to switch between the movie channels without a PIN or red button as if they were any other channel. This is how the system should work for us adults that don't have kiddies around.
This may only work on an Ex-NTL Pace 4010 setup.

But isnt this pointless as the pin problem has been fixed and pin isnt required after 10pm for movie channels? Did the original poster say anything about when he tried this?

But isnt this pointless as the pin problem has been fixed and pin isnt required after 10pm for movie channels? Did the original poster say anything about when he tried this?

i tried it at about 9.45 and tested just before and had to put pin in

just done it in wembley ex-c/w and it works. Thanks so much i can finally watch the movie channels again. :)

Havent all cable areas had their pins fixed yet? I thought they had... If this works during the day then thats great.

Not sure mate but the info was posted around 5pm.

Just tested it on my 2110 and it works fine, doesnt require you to enter pin no more on those channels.

i`ll have to try this. its very annoying if your channel surfing to put the pin in all the time.

wow. fantastic it work . cheers mate

great find, u can also get this if ur using the x network boxes eg: if ur using 4000n in tw on the 3.2 ex c&w software u get no pin prompt

Just got round to testing it myself. I've noticed if you reboot you have do the whole process again but who cares as long as it works.

actually just noticed when i came out of using my V+ recorded programme, i had to redo it. but it only takes a minute and is better for flicking through

worked a treat thanks

cheers Sakibateef..works a treat on both Pace 4001&Sam2110...no more pain having to keep entering PIN, thanks..

Back