Looking to get a Vu Duo Clone

papa2

DW Member +
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea of a good site to get one

Best prices will be from China based sellers, your best bet is to seek out a seller with good feedback and good prices on one of the China trade sites.
Advertising or naming selers in the open forum is against forum rules. Also be aware that people can reccomend sellers to you..but it doesnt mean that just becasue they had a good expereince, that you wont have any issues with the same seller.
There is always a risk/gamble you take with ordering from overseas suppliers. Having said that i've purchased from different China sellers lots of times over the years and never had any major issues. Your probably looking ant around £160 delivered for a V3 DUO Clone wth V3.2 firmware.. if it's a Ferarri clone.

Also be aware that although the newer V3 clones run the newer images, Ferarri Team are advising the security chip is too slow and may not stand up to futire anti clone measures there is also abug whereby if you record 2 programmes on different transponder and the recordings start at the same time one of them doesnt record...
Other issues include dodgy or underpowered PSU's which may have trouble moving motorised dishes..

Last edited:
Some good points there , It would be fine with older images though right ?
and its been a while since I bought anything from china , approx how long
does delivery usually take

Some good points there , It would be fine with older images though right ?
and its been a while since I bought anything from china , approx how long
does delivery usually take

your also looking about 15 quid tax afterits delivered

your also looking about 15 quid tax afterits delivered

Not always , in fact hardly ever , but after a bit of reading I'm probably going to get an original @ around the £250 mark

Not always , in fact hardly ever , but after a bit of reading I'm probably going to get an original @ around the £250 mark

really, both orders i had had 15 tax on them :/ recommend you splash out for the solo2 personally, the vu duo is an old piece of hardware for the extra 60 you may as well go for the new model

You can run newer images providing they have been patched with older drivers if you have a V2 chip . It's specficially the newer drivers athat contain the anti-clone measures. The V3 chip currently runs most new images.
Customs duty/import tax is pretty rare you might get caught out but it's not much anyway..depends on what the seller labelled the item value as. The msot i've ever been charged is £9 this was on 3 x Dm800Se but this was when I originally purchased my'n about 2 years ago now..
A clone at £160 vs original at 250 thats a £90 difference. I would take the gamble on a clone with that sort of difference especially as mentioned that the Duo is now nearing end of life. I personally have not had any PSU issues with my V2 Duo clone, I did repalce the fan as the original fan is noisy. Shipping from china can be anything from 5 days to 3 weeks...DHL is normally pretty quick.

nah m8 stick with genuine products. Bricked two clones until i figured that out.

nah m8 stick with genuine products. Bricked two clones until i figured that out.

How did you brick the recievers, hardware faults ? Or was it because you flashed them with the wrong images ?

Back