looking for a HD projector

how do you know when the code finishes mate, even without the code its a good price so im not really fussed, although id still rather save it at same time, lol!

im also looking for a projector and know nothing about them!.

i was thinking of either getting a projector or a 50" LED 3D tv as they look awesome. Cant really decide wt to go for, budget wud b about £1000 max.

Will be used for VM HD, ps3 plus blu rays so prbly connect to sum surround sound if possible.

guys to anyone who has a projector, is it best to paint the wall white or cream, been reading on av forums and a few people have mentioned using a cream wall instead to stop the very bright whites from close range, my projector is gunna be around 10-11ft away from the wall and projecting a screen of about 80", whats the best colour to go for!

also is it best to use a matt paint as opposed to emulsion or gloss!

Last edited:
there is a dulux colour thats recommended a gray tint white
but not bright white will reflect too much white
i would also use matt paint

there is a dulux colour thats recommended a gray tint white
but not bright white will reflect too much white
i would also use matt paint
thanks mate, whats the actually name of the dulux paint, or is it what you said, lol! and yeah i was thinking matt just always best to get confirmation 1st! :proud:

how do you know when the code finishes mate, even without the code its a good price so im not really fussed, although id still rather save it at same time, lol!

thats a great price on the hd600x!

im been umming and aahing about this proj my self along with the optoma 3d add on but will probably wait till the new footy season to see if they release any other proj with built in 3D as id mainly watch the footy on it.

just ordered the Optoma HD600X Projector, got 1 brand new off ebay for £375, should be with me saturday, if not it'll be tuesday, grrrrrrr, will get some pictures up when im all sorted, still need some trunking as my brother said he had some but turns out he binned it, does anyone know of any decent priced places to get some, need to fit about 4 or 5 cables inside, and need about 10m!

Last edited:
thanks shaun mate, but why the hells trunking so much, i refuse to pay that price in all honesty, even the cheaper ebay 1 would cost a fortune for 10m, id rather box the cables in, cost me 20 quid at most for some 2x1, lol, got my shelf sorted, not a floater though, just a normal pine shelf with L brackets keeping it up, not what i wanted but had the depth i needed so im happy!

well got my projector this morning, hooked it straight upto my ps3 and my laptop through the hdmi port, both work great after a little tweaking of the zoom and getting it so it wasnt fuzzy, took me about 15 minutes to realise you have to twist the lamp, lol!

overall im 1 happy man today, looks fantastic, just need my revo and my setup will be sorted! :proud:

Back