looking for a HD projector

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys iv been looking into getting a dlp projector, but to be honest iv got no clue about them so would like some input, iv got a budget of around £300 could maybe squeeze a little more in if the right projector is found at the right price, basically needs to be HD with a hdmi connectivity, any help or guidance of what i should be looking at or links to decent 1's will be great, will be used for watching movies and ps3, but would also like if i could connect it to my vu+ box, guess that would just be hdmi too.

thanks for any help or guidance!

optoma hd 67 was £500 at xmas but come down alot now have it as my main pc monitor and connect ps3 stream db800 blu ray writer in pc.. and its the best present kids have ever bought me.. have it on just a white painted wall with projector paint req amended from local paint store...

Last edited:
thanks mate, yeah thats my plan too, gunna strip the wallpaper off the wall and just paint it white, does the projector paint make alot of difference to just a bright white paint!

thanks mate, yeah thats my plan too, gunna strip the wallpaper off the wall and just paint it white, does the projector paint make alot of difference to just a bright white paint!
to be truthful i couldn't really tell but its my age lol

had a look there at the projector you mentioned, looks great but still a little out my budget at the minute, even on ebay there asking over £400.

had a look there at the projector you mentioned, looks great but still a little out my budget at the minute, even on ebay there asking over £400.

cheapest i could find was 432 new which ever one you go for.... price replacement bulbs
here

quick question guys im looking at this projector

EX330E - Optoma EX330e - DLP Projector | eBay UK

how would you get sound to say a set of desktop speakers or anything really, as id like to hook some other speakers upto it to give it abit umphhhh, but not really sure how id go about it!

quick question guys im looking at this projector

EX330E - Optoma EX330e - DLP Projector | eBay UK

how would you get sound to say a set of desktop speakers or anything really, as id like to hook some other speakers upto it to give it abit umphhhh, but not really sure how id go about it!
i use the twin adapter for xbox ps3 and 3.5 jack plug straight into pc and comes out of harmon kardon speakers

the projector is gunna be going in my bedroom though mate, not connected to anything apart from my dreambox, or vu box, and my ps3, so is there anyway i can get better sound as im assuming the speakers built in arent really upto much!

the projector is gunna be going in my bedroom though mate, not connected to anything apart from my dreambox, or vu box, and my ps3, so is there anyway i can get better sound as im assuming the speakers built in arent really upto much!
probably need a amp mines in bedroom but main pc is ....on my optoma built in speaker is really crap db 800 downstairs and just stream to it

Last edited:
probably need a amp mines in bedroom but main pc is ....on my optoma built in speaker is really crap db 800 downstairs and just stream to it
yeah i thought they would be, really thought they would of had a headphone jack to take sound out to external speakers, bit disappointed really as iv got some new sony desktop type speakers which i thought i cudda used, but its not looking good, lol!

mines on all day and you deffo dont need any heating on in bedroom lol
looks like you will have to invest in a amp or pc with hdmi graphics card more expense but deffo worth it in end

mines on all day and you deffo dont need any heating on in bedroom lol
looks like you will have to invest in a amp or pc with hdmi graphics card more expense but deffo worth it in end
sure i could pick an amp up cheap enough, but then still how would i connect that direct from projector to amp!

thanks mate thats a good price especially with the 5% off, im bidding on a couple on ebay at the minute, but if i dont win, that could be the 1!

well i didnt win the 1's off ebay, lol, looking at that 1 posted it looks exactly what im looking for, iv boosted my budget to £400 now so its within reason, already stripped my wall, ready to paper then paint, got the cable trunking, need to order some 10m leads still, and get a projector but im getting there guys, getting excited, as iv wanted 1 for years, lol!

happy viewing when all set up you won't regret it
thanks mate, cant wait to get it sorted, with the 1 thats been posted it says its got 3.5 jacks for both input and output, im assuming i can now just connect my speakers and amp via the 3.5 jack and it will just play the sound out to them, or is there more to it then that. heres what i have.

Sony SRS D211 2.1-CH PC multimedia speaker sys

can't really comment on that as said b4 mines connected to pc and the pc do's all the work but should be fine into amp then out from your new speakers did you get pm from last night??

can't really comment on that as said b4 mines connected to pc and the pc do's all the work but should be fine into amp then out from your new speakers did you get pm from last night??
i think they will work anyway mate but not knowing anything of projectors it might not, iv had the speakers in a box from new, used for about a day so they would be perfect for this setup and save the hassle of having to buy something else to get the sound through, yeah mate i got it your pm this morning, and i had already had a look through the site but alot of it was way over my head, gunna order it later today or 1st thing 2moro so hopefully they have them as iv sort of set my heart on it now, if not i'll have to keep looking!

Back