lonrisun clone vs Sunray clone vs the rest.

Sorry friend...i want to purchase this box...but some little confused about and can't decide what is best Lonrisun or Sunray...Both box are almost same price...I read at forum about heating issue of Sunray...otherwise Sunray is best, confirm by experienced user...Lonrisun also nice with v4 manual update...what is your opinion about box...if you satisfied with your purchase, send me link for me...
Thanks in advance...

im very happy with my sunray so far. the remote with the sunray seems a bit better and it seems to be a faster box. just get the box on aliexpress loads of sellers on there

im very happy with my sunray so far. the remote with the sunray seems a bit better and it seems to be a faster box. just get the box on aliexpress loads of sellers on there

I think now i decide and make order for Sunray Solo 2 v2 from Aliexpress at very reasonable price of 177USD with DHL Shipping to INDIA...
Aliexpress.com : Buy No time bomb Sunray Vu Solo 2 DVB S2 SimV2 VU SOLO2 Sunray Comes With USB2 Service Port Original Image 1300 MHz Free Shipping from Reliable solo beads suppliers on Shenzhen Dvb Electronics Factory | Alibaba Group

I think now i decide and make order for Sunray Solo 2 v2 from Aliexpress at very reasonable price of 177USD...
Don't believe the "no timebomb" story as I know they can suffer from clone bomb. Stick with sunray safe images from dreamoem.com

I wish I had read this thread before purchasing my Solo2, which is now bricked and I'm trying to fix.

I wish I had read this thread before purchasing my Solo2, which is now bricked and I'm trying to fix.
If you're not in an immediate rush, you can normally order flash ic chips for Solo2 from usual chinese websites for about £4 each. Obviously then you would have to very carefully solder it (or get someone to do it for you). If in rush, i've seen an ebay seller charge around £18 each.

I have read on other forums that some peoples claims that new vu solo2 se
is accepts the Sunray solo2 images . I have tested on my friend's Solo2 Se but it doesnt work . My question if the Sunray Solo2 has the same motherboard with same kernal then why its not working on Lonrisun brands clones . Why the drivers are not working for other clones .
My friend has this Box

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 46
someone on this forum has also said their solo2 SE can run sunray patched images but most can't.

I'm guessing it's the security chip (The 'X' chip I believe it's called) on Lonrison clones is the reason why.

The problem is there are so many different variations of solo2 clones, it's hard to keep track off them all.

I'm not certain but I guess flashing with v4 flash update wouldn't help if you were already lucky enough that your Solo2SE could accept sunray images.

Did your friend ever flash with the v4 flash update on their Solo2SE?

Yes box updated with V4 but not joy
Sorry that's what I was trying to say, flashing with v4 may have been a backward step.

I think the v4 flash is for the security chip so a Solo2 SE (especially a newer one) may have been okay with Sunray images except that people will have been flashing it with V4 which is that old now is a backwards step.

The person on this forum whose Solo2 SE working with sunray images hasn't flashed, I believe, with the v4 flash update.

Maybe if you ask those on the other forums where they say their Solo2SE works with sunray images, if they just tried it or if they flash first with v4 flash.

My guess would be those with a recent Solo2 SE that have v4 flashed it probably can't use sunray images because I believe they have actually downgraded their security chip.

Not all Solo2 SE, even if recently bought, can accept sunray images probably because they have old stock.

This is all just my guess anyhow.

Sorry that's what I was trying to say, flashing with v4 may have been a backward step.

I think the v4 flash is for the security chip so a Solo2 SE (especially a newer one) may have been okay with Sunray images except that people will have been flashing it with V4 which is that old now is a backwards step.

The person on this forum whose Solo2 SE working with sunray images hasn't flashed, I believe, with the v4 flash update.

Maybe if you ask those on the other forums where they say their Solo2SE works with sunray images, if they just tried it or if they flash first with v4 flash.

My guess would be those with a recent Solo2 SE that have v4 flashed it probably can't use sunray images because I believe they have actually downgraded their security chip.

Not all Solo2 SE, even if recently bought, can accept sunray images probably because they have old stock.

This is all just my guess anyhow.
I think your theory is right.
I have a friend with vu solo2 se of lorinson bought the last month. He received it with blackhole 2.1.3 (is strange because in vu-hd.com this image is not available).
He installed the last week blackhole 2.1.4 of lorinsun without problem.
Today, he has installed blackhole 2.1.5 of sunray without problems!!! He has never installed the bootloader V4!!!!!
Is there any way of extract the bootloader from his vu solo 2 se?
Is possible that an image backup of this box work in a box with bootloader v4?
So, we could give it to all users and so they can use blackhole 2.1.5 in lorinson boxes.

I think your theory is right.
I have a friend with vu solo2 se of lorinson bought the last month. He received it with blackhole 2.1.3 (is strange because in vu-hd.com this image is not available).
He installed the last week blackhole 2.1.4 of lorinsun without problem.
Today, he has installed blackhole 2.1.5 of sunray without problems!!! He has never installed the bootloader V4!!!!!
So, we could give it to all users and so they can use blackhole 2.1.5 in lorinson boxes.
I'm unsure but I wouldn't say it was just a bootloader issue. I think it's the built-in security chip being flashed is the actual issue.

Is there any way of extract the bootloader from his vu solo 2 se?
Is possible that an image backup of this box work in a box with bootloader v4?
There is a bootloader for SE on this forum but as I said earlier I don't believe that is issue here.

The Lonrison v4 security chip I believe has been known to refuse to load sunray images but not certain whether it would result in a bricked box!!

I'm unsure but I wouldn't say it was just a bootloader issue. I think it's the built-in security chip being flashed is the actual issue.

There is a bootloader for SE on this forum but as I said earlier I don't believe that is issue here.

The Lonrison v4 security chip I believe has been known to refuse to load sunray images but not certain whether it would result in a bricked box!!
But if the box is bricked, the only thing that i must do is load again the booleader v4 using the rs232 cable. Is it right?

But if the box is bricked, the only thing that i must do is load again the booleader v4 using the rs232 cable. Is it right?
If box is actually "bricked" then the only method I know of is to actually replace nand flash chip. Updating bootloader doesn't do anything for a bricked box.

If box is actually "bricked" then the only method I know of is to actually replace nand flash chip. Updating bootloader doesn't do anything for a bricked box.
I restored the booleader of my bricked cloudibox2 using a Cypress EZ-USB card.
I did not need to replace the nand flash chip.
I thought that i could do it in the vu solo2 se using the rs232 port.

I restored the booleader of my bricked cloudibox2 using a Cypress EZ-USB card.
I did not need to replace the nand flash chip.
I thought that i could do it in the vu solo2 se using the rs232 port.
I've not read of anyone, to the best of my knowledge, that has easily recovered from a bricked state especially those with solo2.

However, Solo2 SE is newer so it maybe possible. I guess only time will tell.

I've not read of anyone, to the best of my knowledge, that has easily recovered from a bricked state especially those with solo2.

However, Solo2 SE is newer so it maybe possible. I guess only time will tell.

Well I will like to add.. some days before my friends box solo2 se bricked by using the sunray images experiments . i tried every thing u guys are talking but invain then i have finally replaced its nand flash . previouse one was toshiba and now the seller has sent the same with blackhole 2.0.6
i have again tried but no sunray images fix.

Well I will like to add.. some days before my friends box solo2 se bricked by using the sunray images experiments . i tried every thing u guys are talking but invain then i have finally replaced its nand flash . previouse one was toshiba and now the seller has sent the same with blackhole 2.0.6

Where have you bought the nand flash?
Could you please send me the link of the seller?
Then, you recommend to me do not flash the Backup of blackhole 2.1.5 of my friend working in his vu solo2 se without booleader v4, in my vu solo2 se with bootloader v4, don't you?

Well I will like to add.. some days before my friends box solo2 se bricked by using the sunray images
Could you say how you managed to brick it with sunray images as a lot on this forum just get stuck with "starting" when trying sunray images.

Replacing nand chip just gets you going but it wouldn't have got sunray images working as it's the security chip ultimately that decides what it does/doesn't want to take.

im using a solo2 se and have been using sunray images without any issues, and also aint you not tried the recovery via com port and flash boot loader as the se model supports that, im thinking the box might just be faulty, i have done the flash via com and it flashed boot loader although my box was working just wanted to see if it went through

im using a solo2 se and have been using sunray images without any issues, and also aint you not tried the recovery via com port and flash boot loader as the se model supports that, im thinking the box might just be faulty, i have done the flash via com and it flashed boot loader although my box was working just wanted to see if it went through
Do you think that if I flash my vu solo2 se with the backup of blackhole 2.1.5 (sunray image working on lorinson box) of my friend, is possible that this image works in my box? My box has the bootloader V4. My friend never has flashed the bootloader v4.

Back