Printer choice?

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the kids wants too buy their young one a printer for Christmas, and if I new which was best.
I have no idea these days as I use an old bw laser printer and don't bother with ink as they kept drying up.
Anyone any advice on whether the Cannon or Hp is better? Here a pic of both.
406242623_749608347199210_5320777607417165588_n.jpg

Do you need WiFi Printing from mobile etc, subscription ink etc etc
Probably best be honest and tell them you have no idea and let them research it with the info they have for their requirements?

They have no idea either. It is for a 10 year old for her school work it will mainly be used with her laptop I suppose wifi printing would be nice, but not essential. I have told them I would ask on here for any cheap reccomendations. The main thing needed is long lasting cartriges, I remember having epsoms and they dried out really quickly.

They sell the printers at a loss and hope you buy loads of ink cartridges ect

Had a quick look on that HP printer and cannot fined refillable or compatible cartridges

That printer will cost you £24.99 for black and colour 305Xl

The main thing needed is long lasting cartriges

Depends on the printer settings you pick for the quality of the print you are doing

Yes it will do wifi printing

You cannot go wrong with epson printers. You can get ink cartridges for a couple of pounds if you choose the correct printer. If you could still get hold of a epson xp400 series of 600 series 800 or 900 then its cheap inks. If you cannot find one with 3 digit series then the newer 4 digit series are more expensive on inks.

I have told her to forget the two she sent after reading several reviews, shwe will have to try and find an Epson.

Had a flick about and the older Epson printers are like gold dust to get now

Found this one on Ebay and Refillable ink cartridges

I'm using the Espon xp-415 and the refillable cartridges never let me down , best to do a colour print once a month if your not using it that much to keep the heads from blocking up

Last edited:
I have a relatively new hp printer, wireless only but easy to setup, for me I don't print alot but signed up to their ink program, for me it's 99p a month and I can print 10 pages a month ,they monitor how much I print and send me new cartridges at the appropriate time, you can choose a different plan but works for me , only print holiday stuff or Christmas card addresses. Worth a look, you don't have the hassle of monitoring your ink levels.

Had a flick about and the older Epson printers are like gold dust to get now

Found this one on Ebay and Refillable ink cartridges

I'm using the Espon xp-415 and the refillable cartridges never let me down , best to do a colour print once a month if your not using it that much to keep the heads from blocking up
I have the same printer the xp-415, had it a long time and yes I need to print every now and then or I have to do the maintenance head cleaning.

Back