lonrisun clone vs Sunray clone vs the rest.

Do you think that if I flash my vu solo2 se with the backup of blackhole 2.1.5 (sunray image working on lorinson box) of my friend, is possible that this image works in my box? My box has the bootloader V4. My friend never has flashed the bootloader v4.
I think you mean v4 flash (bootloader is different). Personally, as you have an SE and you have flashed with v4 update and I assume it accepts lonrison v4 images uploaded here then I wouldn't try flashing with sunray image as it's possible your security chip (which is now only on v4) will not like and possibly brick your box.

I believe @lombard didn't flash his Solo2 SE with v4 flash update?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you mean v4 flash (bootloader is different). Personally, as you have an SE and you have flashed with v4 update and I assume it accepts lonrison v4 images uploaded here then I wouldn't try flashing with sunray image as it's possible your security chip (which is now only on v4) will not like and possibly brick your box.

I believe @lombard didn't flash his Solo2 SE with v4 flash update?

no i didnt do anything updating on mine other then flashing sunray images, maybe the solo2 se i have has something newer then v4 ??

also i though with solo 2 se you can just recover via com port ? i never needed to do this, so no idea if it works. i have flashed bootloader via com port to see if it went through, but box was already working

Last edited by a moderator:
no i didnt do anything updating on mine other then flashing sunray images, maybe the solo2 se i have has something newer then v4 ??
That's my thinking. The SE is newer than v4 flash so in theory the security chip should, in my opinion, accept newer images/drivers as well as those for v4. Or, at the very least, accept v4 images as standard.

I believe anyone with Solo2 SE flashing with v4 could potentially be downgrading their security chip and I believe if you flashed with v4 you could potentially be stuck with v4 images instead of being lucky enough to accept sunray patched images.

Problem is that due to no info from Lonrison, there is no way of knowing.

Where have you bought the nand flash?
Could you please send me the link of the seller?
Then, you recommend to me do not flash the Backup of blackhole 2.1.5 of my friend working in his vu solo2 se without booleader v4, in my vu solo2 se with bootloader v4, don't you?

No one to tell where you buy the nand flash?

I also interested.

Thank you.

That's my thinking. The SE is newer than v4 flash so in theory the security chip should, in my opinion, accept newer images/drivers as well as those for v4. Or, at the very least, accept v4 images as standard.

I believe anyone with Solo2 SE flashing with v4 could potentially be downgrading their security chip and I believe if you flashed with v4 you could potentially be stuck with v4 images instead of being lucky enough to accept sunray patched images.

Problem is that due to no info from Lonrison, there is no way of knowing.

i bought my solo2 se about 3 months ago, i could flash v4 update on it and then try a sunray image and see, i dont mind :)

i bought my solo2 se about 3 months ago, i could flash v4 update on it and then try a sunray image and see, i dont mind :)
Are you going to do it?
Do you thing that there is more % of sucess if you use the image Backup of my friend (he has a vu solo2 se without booleader v4, working with blackhole 2.1.5 of sunray)?

That's your decision but it would confirm whether it's the security chip that decides whether to accept other drivers like sunray drivers.

So long as you know you risk possibly being stuck with v4 only images resulting in less images to choose from and maybe even having tuner issues as few have reported after flashing with v4.

That's your decision but it would confirm whether it's the security chip that decides whether to accept other drivers like sunray drivers.

So long as you know you risk possibly being stuck with v4 only images resulting in less images to choose from and maybe even having tuner issues as few have reported after flashing with v4.

Hi, so i flashed v4 update via com port to my solo2 se and it downloaded and completed, then booted box and worked fine, then flashed latest sunray solo2 image and it also works fine

so i have no idea what this proofs ! either the solo2 se doesnt really take in the v4 update as its already has something newer to stop v4

Hi, so i flashed v4 update via com port to my solo2 se and it downloaded and completed, then booted box and worked fine, then flashed latest sunray solo2 image and it also works fine

so i have no idea what this proofs ! either the solo2 se doesnt really take in the v4 update as its already has something newer to stop v4
It maybe that it wont accept anything older than what is already on it like you said. I know that someone with the "tuner" issue having updated to v4 flash even replaced the nand flash and it still didn't make any difference (ie still having tuner issue). This points to v4 flash being stored elsewhere like the security chip and/or the bootloader.

VU haven't released a bootloader for solo2 (ie still using original bootloader) and Sunray haven't got a bootloader so that means there is some reason why Lonrison solo2 / Solo2SE, need bootloader!!!

It maybe that it wont accept anything older than what is already on it like you said. I know that someone with the "tuner" issue having updated to v4 flash even replaced the nand flash and it still didn't make any difference (ie still having tuner issue). This points to v4 flash being stored elsewhere like the security chip and/or the bootloader.

VU haven't released a bootloader for solo2 (ie still using original bootloader) and Sunray haven't got a bootloader so that means there is some reason why Lonrison solo2 / Solo2SE, need bootloader!!!

you sure it just aint a tuner fault ?

you sure it just aint a tuner fault ?
Not referring to me. If you read the v4 thread you will find a few people have had tuner issues that didn't exist prior to v4 flash but did after and one who had tuner issues did replace nand flash but still apparent.

I bought JTAG cypress and reloaded BOOTLOADER Lonrisun v4, but I still have the same problem with the tuner.
I have a new bootloader for Lonrisum but a .dat (is to come out with a fix for the tuner to be sent via HyperTerminal serial).
I have to load it using JTAG but having .dat extension decoder does not boot and I had to put the bootloader v4.
How can I convert the bootloader .dat .bin?

Back