Liteon DVD Home Recorder

ssilvo said:
so nice to know a fellow Tivo owner it works great with it....is yours hacked ????

No...but I am looking into setting it up on my wireless network though...and then setting up the ftp to pull the stuff off it....but it sounds like I will not need that with the liteon hack....but a big drive is going in it now.:)

Mairyhinge said:
No...but I am looking into setting it up on my wireless network though...and then setting up the ftp to pull the stuff off it....but it sounds like I will not need that with the liteon hack....but a big drive is going in it now.:)

Stuck a 160gb drive and a cachecard with 512mb from 9t brilliant, can even access it via my wap phone..such a great company who actually collaborate with hackers to make the product better.......love that key word wish list...
:) Tivoweb 2 works well .

Thanks to RAT just ordered my dvd-recorder wohooooooooooooooo :Cheers:

:Hit: :proud: :mexican: :Frog:

Its a shame RAT doesnt work on commision cuz he'd be a wealthy man from the sales of this dvd-recorder LMFAO..... :Frog:

Did you lot not know that he was the Managing Director of Liteon lol

Regards Gazer.

Didnt get mine today so defo tomorrow wwohoooooooooooo and i got a new car to pick up tomorrow too wwohoooooooooooooo what a day its guner be LMFAO...... :Cheers:

Gazer said:
Did you lot not know that he was the Managing Director of Liteon lol

Regards Gazer.
lol just been demoted to tea boy

:mad: i live about 10 mins drive from svp but now u cant pick up stuff from the warehouse so i just phoned them now and it aint guner b delivered till thursday so thats over 3 days to get it delivered to me grrrrrrrrrrrrr :Frog: Dont mind waiting really but thought it would be here by now :Frog:

Arrived today from Play.com, One very shiny with red display DVD recorder. Can not tune in my cable station on the TV? Aerial and Scart leads all ok. Any ideas ??
got 75 mins from a cd , not bad quality, looks good

Make sure cable box is set on a different channel say MTV, then when scanning for channels make sure it set to cable then scan then u should see about 100 small box's look for MTV ,think thats all
its early so my brain may not be working lol any probs post back and we will try and help later :)

also when recording off cable record through scart mode :)

Ive added u to MSN m8 when ur online I'll send u the file ;)

sounds like the business about time a multi format machine which does not cost the earth...

This liteon you are all disscussing is it better than this one hxxp://www.hitech2go.com/fulldescription.php?pid=74. if so why, if someone can explain i would be most grateful as i was on the verge of buying it.

I would personally go for the newer models now m8 ;)
but not looking into it a s I did before Im not sure about andy hacks for newer models
having said that u cant hack newer models of the 5005 i dont think unless someone worked round it

for people who have the 5005 model who have the standard firmware there is an updated firmware on liteon web site :)
dont really know what new about it ..but its there if u want it ;)

[DLMURL]http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/download/index.asp[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the spec of the Tevion recorder from Aldi, records direct to hard drive also, or disc, transfers from HD to disc, plays div-x and mpeg4 etc, dv in, s-video in, you name it (almost guys) it has it

Back