Liteon DVD Home Recorder

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just read the spec on this :)
The long awaited dream to be able to record on DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs using a standalone DVD player has become possible. You will have no more confusion on which DVD format to choose. DVD Recording has never been so easy!

With the advantage of having a picturized index title for each video program that you have recorded. You can easily and quickly select any video programs at a glance. No more time consuming title search as the old days. Furthermore, with DVD recording, you can now name each video programs which you have recorded.

Another key differentiator is the DV-Link (IEEE1394) port, which allows you to connect LVW-5005 to a DV Camcorder. By connecting the Camcorder directly to the LVW-5005, users can preserve high-quality digital images on a permanent basis. So you won't miss any of those treasured moments in you digital life. An added benefit is that you may even manage your DV connection by using the remote control.

A single empty DVD disc offers up to 6 hours of recording time (SLP Mode), which is equivalent to 3 times the size of a 120mins VHS cassette. Moreover, the physical size of a single VHS cassette is about 10 times larger than a DVD disc.

Easy Guider Menu navigates you through the process of basic functions, like record and playback, on a step-by-step basis. This graphic-based Easy Guider provides error-free recording and is suitable for users of all ages. You can follow the below icons to start your recording!

Standalone recorders are currently getting more and more popular and the market is already full of such devices. We can assume that the development of the branch will continue in this fashion as soon as prices are reduced.

These units can be made region free via the remote control.

This is a really nice find m8....built in ie1394 connector and a optical connector for an external hard drive ....

I ordered one to replace my pana dmr e50.... :)

ssilvo

I agree Gazer thats why Ive decided to buy one :) Ive done quite a bit of searching today about this recorder and come up witha couple of good sites ,and some firmware on how to disable macro and enable 3hr mode ;)
going to order it tomorrow WOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOO knowing my luck they will have sold out lol

Rat said:
knowing my luck they will have sold out lol
u wouldent belive it :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: OUT OF STOCK :(

OH NO...........PMSFL.....sorry m8,what a bummer :Frog:

No luck m8, I went to buy one also, hope they come back in stock soon.
I like the ability to put chaper points on the disks, saves a bit of time.

zooropa said:
OH NO...........PMSFL.....sorry m8,what a bummer :Frog:
:( how dare u laugh at me ;) lol

Vat m8 they are getting more stock in at the end of the week m8 :)

Rat said:
u wouldent belive it :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: OUT OF STOCK :(

Rat m8 you know i got one of these as i ordered straight away,and I already have my pana dmr e50 which i have not sold yet m8.

Listen seriously you can have mine unopened if you want...I know how excited you were :) :) :) ...its unfair you have missed out ..
you would make me happy m8 honestly

let me know...

ssilvo

ssilvo m8 that is a very kind of u m8 :) and I know u would do it but Ive just looked on the web site and stock is arriving on friday so Ill be ordering it then m8 as I need to order some discs too ;) plus it gives u a chance to suss everthing out and give me all the tips lol
Thankyou very much for the offer m8y very kind of u :Hit:

I take it urs has arrived then ? whats it like ?
;) Rat

Yep that was good of you ssilvo :Clap:

But as rat says get the thing out of its box, and get it tested, then let us all know how good it is before friday as iam after two of them, one for me and one for me dad.
Plus i would like to know if it as video plus on it as i cant find anythink saying it has ??? and i would like to know how good the cd recordings are compaired with the dvd recordings............................... :) that will keep you busy m8.

Regards Gazer.

Gazer said:
as i am after two of them, one for me and one for me dad.

Regards Gazer.
Gazer make sure u leave one for me m8 lol looks like Im going to have to be quick ,Im going to make the Mrs stay in on Friday till its ordered pmsl :)
Ill try and find out if it has Video Plus ;)

maryjam said:
@ rat i would like one of these for allroad can you keep me advised please
No Probs Maryjam ;)

Cheers Zoo m8 ..I was just looking theremyself lol

Rat said:
ssilvo m8 that is a very kind of u m8 :) and I know u would do it but Ive just looked on the web site and stock is arriving on friday so Ill be ordering it then m8 as I need to order some discs too ;) plus it gives u a chance to suss everthing out and give me all the tips lol
Thankyou very much for the offer m8y very kind of u :Hit:

I take it urs has arrived then ? whats it like ?
;) Rat

No not yet m8....tomorrow hopefully :)

Gazer said:
Yep that was good of you ssilvo :Clap:

But as rat says get the thing out of its box, and get it tested, then let us all know how good it is before friday as iam after two of them, one for me and one for me dad.
Plus i would like to know if it as video plus on it as i cant find anythink saying it has ??? and i would like to know how good the cd recordings are compaired with the dvd recordings............................... :) that will keep you busy m8.

Regards Gazer.

dont worry m8 i will go over it with a magnifying glass including the DV and composite inputs ...I will take it to work and put it on vectorscope in the tv studio....lol

Back