limewire anyone used it and is it safe

yeah, i used Limewire Pro for about 2-3 months. it was great, hardly any viruses or other unwanted crap. i managed to get a lot of good stuff, that i was unable to get on other p2p networks. however i heard on the news, and from a friend that some Limewire users got arrested and their computers confiscated by 'the authorities', and so i uninstalled it and removed t from my computer. in conclusion, GOOD PROGRAM, but not worth the risk.

Bearshare has always got me by for the past 2-3 years without any problems, version im using at the min is bearshare 5.2.1.4

: multi :

re limewire

i used to have limewire pro but even though i scanned everything i down loaded i got loads of trojans and viruses..beware trackers galore...then i found MP3 Rocket Pro.....i can download a music file in just under 1 minute..i d/l ha**ah m**tanas (12 tracks)album for the kids and took about 5 mins....on disc in another 5 mins....10 mins why leave the house....

Hi, I use a program called frostwire, just search for it and its the 1st link on google.

Its very similar to limewire, based on the same source, but its 100% free for the full version. It doesnt contain any inbuilt spyware and has some nice features to it. It does torrent files too built in functionality. Dunno about limewire but it has the inbuilt network sharing so if you have itunes running on a networked computer, you can pick up the music on itunes.

hope this helps

I've used Limewire Pro for ages. Good for mp3s.

It does, however, add things to the search results which are nothing like what you've searched for. Stick to what you've searched for and you'll be ok. If a file doesn't look right or is very small in size or is a .exe file then ignore it...probably a worm or virus or spyware.

Use The Filter in limewire options only download movies and mp3 DO NOT download any mov are winrar are exe files ban these in the filter and youve got the best p2p movie and music site on the net thats my opinion: multi :

I found one of the kids using this and it took hours to clean off the spyware, trojans and viruses that came from it, despite the avg/spybot etc being installed. I've banned them from the 'good' pc, if they want to trash the old one then it's up to them. Be careful and take the earlier advice about file types.

have heard that people using limewire are being traced,quite a few posts on other forums or google copyright piracy p2p client users traced.
Personally I think torrent sites are the best way using clients such as Azureus or utorrent just my opinion

Marty

i never use limewire only torrent sites with peerguardian

ive used limewire pro and had no problems, but you have to scan everything you download as people pack trojons and other things inside files

Back