limewire anyone used it and is it safe

geoffthechef

DW Member +
Reaction score
has anyone had any use of this sharing programme my daughter wants to download it on to her laptop so i thought id ask you guys is it safe to use and whats it like thanks geoff

Don't know about limewire my kids use emule, gets them all they want and no inbuilt spyware

I use limewire pro m8.......... no probs yet :)

used normal limewire then downloaded the pro version on site had a few corrupt files but have all been picked up no problems good search results

I use limewire pro and find it to be the best of the file sharing programmes, of course that's my personal opinion.

I made my sister a pc so her son could use the internet.. she has since had the pc for just over a week.. they downloaded limewire. now it has viruses they cant use msn because it basikly just wont work.. and the computer is full of spyware..

Dont get me wrong limewire is good but the users etc that put viruses on are total idiots.. my nephew it 11 years old and now they have recked his pc..

ive used limewire for awhile now its ok but there are loads ov viruses kicking around on it might even try the pro version to see if thats any better

iv been using limewire pro for over a year .
never had any problem with it . Although i recentlly tried a new spyware programme and it brought up around 12 problems linked to limewire

I use pro and have had no problems at all with it.

al pacino said:
iv been using limewire pro for over a year .
never had any problem with it . Although i recentlly tried a new spyware programme and it brought up around 12 problems linked to limewire

What software did you use?

i use limewire pro and havent had any problems.

yep me 2 i also use limewire pro and ive also had no problems

Most of the people that get caught and susequently billed use Limewire. Leech from it, do not share any big folders full of stuff or it could be you with the big bill next time.

i use morpheus. had it fo a while n no problems yet. searches through a number of p2p programs including limewire n kazaa

bearshare pro does the trick for me, they all seem to use the same backbone its just the gui that differs. Just make sure that your av scanner is up to date and it may be prudent to renew your ip address manually every couple of days...........

i use limewire pro and think its great but always check everything you download before opening it
scott

I still miss audiogalaxy. Used filetopia for a long time but now I only tend to download the odd track and use winmx for that.

I agree with scott that it's wise to check anything you download before opening it - and to run a spyware check if you've installed a new programme>

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

main clients

1&4 eDonkey*
1&4 eMule
1&4 Overnet*

2 Kazaa Lite
2 Kazaa*
2 iMesh*
2 Grokster*

3 BearShare *
3 LimeWire
3 Morpheus

5 Piolet
5 Blubster

6 Filetopia

these are main clients, there are lots of others like sharezaa which connect to more than one network, however the success of these on other clients on other networks is limited for instance versions of emule block certain clients and names from connecting to them unless they are valid emule/edonkey etc clients.

then there is BitTorrent, which is very widely used but is not a network in the same sense as the others.... and DC/irc and newsgroups

er if i were you... eMule or BitTorrent and you will want something like protowall to run with ANY p2p app.

Back