latest with flashing drives (not looked into it for 3 years!)

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
is the slim now hackable? if it is hacked and is only ever going to be used offline now (with xbox one wont need it) will it ever need to be updated again to play the latest games?
lastly anyone know of anyone in glasgow who is doing it?

All Slims are hackable/flashable, newer models though require more work and parts including unlocked PCB (Matrix+Cryptocop addon or Xecuter LTU2 PCB) as well as RGH to extract the CPU key & decrypt the NAND to extract the necessary files to create the cfw for your drive. Older models of the Slim are more straight forward where you just read the key/fw of the drive and either write cfw back to it after it has been unlocked (either Kamikiazie or Sputnik hack) or replace the PCB with unlocked one.

cheers monster its at least 2 years old the slim but im guessing there must be a way for me to check maybe based on serial or something?

If you give me the MFR date from behind the console I can most defenitly tell you which one you have and what will it need.

cheers monster its at least 2 years old the slim but im guessing there must be a way for me to check maybe based on serial or something?

You're in luck mate, yours is one of the early ones so should be able to dump the key of the drive using the right hardware and then either unlock your existing PCB or replace it with (Matrix/TX) PCB and write LT3.0 CFW to it.

28/06/2010 cheers mate.

nice one mate, appreciate the info, now that moves me on to how much is it likely to cost and does anyone on the forum do it or know someone in ggow that does it?
also as above if i always play offline and never go online am i likely to be cool in terms of never needing it reflashed (just patch new games etc.)

Its unlikely that there will be any need to update the drive seeing that they are phyiscally locked and can't be updated also wiith MS focusing on their new console (XBOX One).

As for cost, it depends. If you were to do it your self you'll need something like USB Pro 2 @ £50.00 & unlocked PCB @ £20.00 so you expect to spend something in the region of £70-£80. If you'd to get someone else to do it then expect cost be around £20 - £30.

I don't know anyone in Glasgow but I'm based in the Midlands and while I'm happy to carry on the work for you, it will involve at least posting the drive to me.

nice one mate, appreciate the info, now that moves me on to how much is it likely to cost and does anyone on the forum do it or know someone in ggow that does it?
also as above if i always play offline and never go online am i likely to be cool in terms of never needing it reflashed (just patch new games etc.)

dont mind posting it man, just let me know your costs, and ill work out postage etc.. one of my mates might also want his done.. his is one of the older white ones.. not sure the drive.

did they have a shop in finieston before? my mate had a bad experience im sure but going back a fair few years.

going to have a look into that like the idea of running emu's etc.. i assume mame runs well on it!

Back