Latest news on the Ambits ???

VINTYD :Clap:

thomson said:
AHHH :) got it mate :Cheers:

I started a sniff and waited till it picked up a couple and i see the "tftp server ip" now, only thing ive noticed though is that the ip that is showing is only 10 numbers long like xx.xxx.xxx.xx where as the ones that you guys are telling me to copy and paste in are 11 numbers like xx.xxx.xxx.xxx , how come and is that ok ??

And that ip, is that the one i just write down and keep and use when iam doing my 200 ?? or any modem for that matter, is it just the server that iam connecting to from my line, yea ?? please correct me if iam wrong as i probably am as usual ,hehe :banana:

can someone answer the above questions please ?

thomson said:
cant learn anything andy cause everyone dont want to give advice cheaply, is that a joke or what man, ilmfaoooooooo :Cheers:

ano wit yer sayin mick u get wee bits of info here and ther but people seem to think if you read the tuts it will show you but sometimes a read them and am like wtf is a so and so so i just dont bother my arse now

Yea thomson thats it, u use it for every modem that u update on ur line. Your ip will be different from others maybe thats why ur was 10 infact mine is 9 :)

vintyd said:
Yea thomson thats it, u use it for every modem that u update on ur line. Your ip will be different from others maybe thats why ur was 10 infact mine is 9 :)
cheers for reply mate, at least someone cares :Cheers:

anyway, this line here > dload -i1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr <
Look at the attachment please, where i have marked in red, are those spaces, yes ?

vintyd said:
Yep m8 they are :)

what version of dhcp do ya have mate ?? mines is version 1.1 build 23, is that the latest one ?

thomson said:
what version of dhcp do ya have mate ?? mines is version 1.1 build 23, is that the latest one ?

Yep thats it alright m8.:proud:, i don a modem today using the new firmware, Its brill have the 200's working with the NTHELL logo lol

L33tpL4y4 said:
Yep thats it alright m8.:proud:, i dont a modem today using the new firmware, Its brill have the 200's working with the NTHELL logo lol
ok cheers :Cheers:

Ok chaps,
I will pick my 200's up today.
Lets get this right.

Firstly I dont have the modem connected to feed ?? just ethernet , rs232 and power and follow normal instructions on changing a mac on a 200, correct ??

1. I downgrade the firmware to pre ntl logo one.
2. I copy and paste this in hyperterminal window >

cd non-vol
cd halif
mac_address 1 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 2 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 4 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 5 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 6 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 7 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 8 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
usb_mac_address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write

(x's = clone mac) and (last digit on usb mac is +1)

3. then copy and paste in this >

cd docsis_ctl
dload -i1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr

(x's= tftp server ip)

Then reboot.

Is that it ???

p.s
the usb mac, why do we have to do anything with the usb mac if the modem connects via ethernet ?

Think its because ur subbed modems usb mac is +1 on ur mac address

hi all
Im rather new to this but i have an ambit 200 i have read all tuts which i would like to thank everone involved in them for putting them on for peeps like me to read it helped alot and i cloned my first mac :Clap: once again thanks for all that,sadly it only worked for a while and keeps going off but im not easily beat i'll keep trying,but without them it wouldn't have been possible for me to even try.Congrats to all
steve-g

vintyd said:
Think its because ur subbed modems usb mac is +1 on ur mac address

so the usb mac thing has nuffin to do with your modem hooking up using a ethernet connection ?

Smokin..o0O said:
Hi Mate.

When you connect your modem with modded mac to the stream, it will try to download the update for whatever mac you used, so if you used a 120 mac, it will attempt to download the update for a 120 modem, which is not compatible with a 200 modem, so the dowload will be aborted.

Does this count for an NTL:250 Mac too ? will the 250 Mac also try to download a firmware that isnt compatible and hence fail to update the modem leaving it functional ?

inerita said:
Does this count for an NTL:250 Mac too ? will the 250 Mac also try to download a firmware that isnt compatible and hence fail to update the modem leaving it functional ?

The method you quoted will only leave the modem functional for a short time usually, but long enough to force the download of the proper update for the 200 modem.
I don't know if a 250 mac would have the same effect, as I have never had a 250 mac, but my guess would be yes, it will try to download the software for a 250 modem and fail due to incompatible file.

L33tpL4y4 said:
Yep thats it alright m8.:proud:, i don a modem today using the new firmware, Its brill have the 200's working with the NTHELL logo lol

Yep,just got one going myself using this newer method,nice find Leet,theoretically,they should stay on with the newer firmware.Time will tell.

Slimbo :D

Ok chaps,
I i got my 200's :).
Lets get this right.

1. I downgrade the firmware to pre ntl logo one.
2. I copy and paste this in hyperterminal window >

cd non-vol
cd halif
mac_address 1 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 2 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 4 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 5 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 6 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 7 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 8 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
usb_mac_address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write

(x's = clone mac) and (last digit on usb mac is +1)

3. then copy and paste in this >

cd docsis_ctl
dload -i1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr

(x's= tftp server ip)

Then reboot.

Is that it ???

ooo whats this an ambit fix? :eek: wow im still using me old one i might have to do this does this then. like my 200 works ok at times other times i get botted i wanna stop it doing that it gets on me tits lol ;s :Cheers:

Back