Latest news on the Ambits ???

ok im usin a aol cable modem (ambit 200) and iused this no update mod on both images as well as the other mod

cd non-vol
cd snmp
docsDevSwAdminStatus 3
write
cd \
reset

dont know if using both mods has any effect? but give it ago?

gopher2005 said:
ok im usin a aol cable modem (ambit 200) and iused this no update mod on both images as well as the other mod

cd non-vol
cd snmp
docsDevSwAdminStatus 3
write
cd \
reset

dont know if using both mods has any effect? but give it ago?

please elaborate on this > "and iused this no update mod on both images as well as the other mod" ??

cheers mate

thomson said:
please elaborate on this > "and iused this no update mod on both images as well as the other mod" ??

cheers mate

sorry this 1

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

gopher2005 said:
sorry this 1

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset
so , you only downgraded to pre new firmware, applied the dload command and your modem hasnt went off for weeks using a 10mb mac ???? thats strange, you must be lucky, cause most peoples are on/off like a smelly whoores knickers.

mines still goes off ond on all the time any new info would b appreciated

GTO said:
we'v already done the downgrade mate, it dont stop the ambits going on and off, well most peoples anyway :(
gopher, did you just downgrade and apply the dload command and that was it, your modem is staying on ??? if so, its gotta be pure luck or summit cause everyone elses are going on/off, please advise.

thomson said:
we'v already done the downgrade mate, it dont stop the ambits going on and off, well most peoples anyway :(
gopher, did you just downgrade and apply the dload command and that was it, your modem is staying on ??? if so, its gotta be pure luck or summit cause everyone elses are going on/off, please advise.

if thats all that is being done, then the answer must be in there somewhere,cause we are all doing the same thing some are working some r not ,could it be s,mthing to do with the gateways ,could macc adresess be passed over from 1 gateway to another periodicaly ,
just a thought

Got a 200 light mac, put this onto another 200 with no update commands. I then took the hit and was running the new firmware. I then downgraded to older firmware and the modem now says

A software upgrade filename was specified in the config file.
Logging event: The s/w filename specified in the config file is the same as what
we already have; skipping s/w update.

As been working fine, has anyone else tried this and do you know if it will stay on???

any updates on cloning the ambits yet then, or is it still the on/off crap ???

:Cheers:

What I would like to know is that sniffer programmes cant pick up 200 and 250ambits.

NT? only give out these for the bund.03 package (10 meg) so how are people cloning them. They must surely know the people who have that package or am i wrong ?

i have 5 x 200 ambits pre update but they all go off and on, sometimes for 30 seconds other times for 1/2 hour

What I have found is that if you run a file share programme which uploads and downloads eg Edonkey etc the modem stays on all the time but obviously browsing gets a bit slower that dial up.

someone told me a while ago he new someone working on a web based method to reflash tsop, is it a true rumour if theres such a thing as a true rumour..

goofie23 said:
someone told me a while ago he new someone working on a web based method to reflash tsop, is it a true rumour if theres such a thing as a true rumour..
you can reflash the 200's without removing the chip mate, theres a tut in downloads.

my 2 200's are still working fine i done them both christmas day, with the downgrade and no update, i only use them for about 2 hours a day though

another user on a diff forum advised me to use this method after reflashing and following the tut, enter this in HT to change the serial number, also put yer usb to the same as yer mac but + 1 when change mac_addresss 1, works grand 4 me

cd non-vol
cd vendor
serialno PUT MAC HERE, NO :'s
write
cd \
reset

I can confirm success doing a few 200 modems with the pre updated software flash, then changed mac to any 100 or 120 mac.
I did not do any mod to stop update, like max dload tries 0, as using a 100 or 120 mac on a 200 modem, the software it tried to download is incompatible, and the download will fail.
As soon as I have verified the mac in use is valid and has net access, I forced the download of the proper 200 firmware, which locks the modem, with the NTL logo visible on the 192.168.100.1 page, and all has worked flawlessly for over 4 weeks now.
As soon as you have flashed the pre update software to the modem,copy and paste this to your terminal prog.
cd non-vol
cd halif
mac_address 1 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 2 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 4 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 5 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 6 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 7 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
mac_address 8 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
usb_mac_address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write

replace the xx with the mac address you wish to use.
Increase the last digit of the usb mac by 1.
When you reboot the modem, check and find that mac address is fine and has connectivity, copy and paste the following in your terminal prog.

cd docsis_ctl
dload -i1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr

replace the x's with the IP address viewable in your terminal prog when the modem connects while booting.

All the information above was found in this and other forums,and thanks goes to the original posters.
I hope this helps someone,

Your abit late m8 lol buts its good to be posted again. Cheers

Last edited:
Back