Latest news on the Ambits ???

john! said:
can i do anything with this guys

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78302

also, can any1 clear smthing up 4 me ,can an ambit 200 b jtaged in order to reflash chip with good image ?thanx
well going by what ive read in digy world and a few other forums the 100 and 120 and 250 models are a no'no for now, only the 200 can be played with, pity as ive got a couple of spares too gathering dust :(

thomson said:
well going by what ive read in digy world and a few other forums the 100 and 120 and 250 models are a no'no for now, only the 200 can be played with, pity as ive got a couple of spares too gathering dust :(

cheers thomo, SO can we jtag the 2oo as i have 4

john! said:
cheers thomo, SO can we jtag the 2oo as i have 4
why you wanna jtag them anyway, did they get a currupt flash or summit when you tried to downgrade them using jimbo's method, aye ??? I know i fecked a couple up messing with the flash , boo hoo hoo :) lol, god loves a trier, lol.

To be honest mate, i personally dont know if a 200 can be jtag'd, but maybe someone else knows ???

thomson said:
why you wanna jtag them anyway, did they get a currupt flash or summit when you tried to downgrade them using jimbo's method, aye ??? I know i fecked a couple up messing with the flash , boo hoo hoo :) lol, god loves a trier, lol.

To be honest mate, i personally dont know if a 200 can be jtag'd, but maybe someone else knows ???

i think they can!!!!!
with blackcat software and lead if so any1 any info pleeze

L33tpL4y4 said:
Why? Are people still having problems with the 200's? Cause all mine are on like a dream. :proud:
Is this still true? I think you are in Belfast? I read around the forums that Belfast is having problems after a new firmware update

Mable Codems said:
Is this still true? I think you are in Belfast? I read around the forums that Belfast is having problems after a new firmware update
Yeah they are
Grvstn1.jpg

Mable Codems said:

I shot myself on the foot, yes we in belfast cant get in anymore, i have used the image1 and image2 trick and still no luck, just getting the RDY flashing constant, its a pain in the ass, i think it will hit mainland early next week, usely mainland gets hit first then us on the other side of the sea, but it deff looks like the other way around this time.

Yea im off in belfast aswell wat is that ntl have done havent had a chance to look :/

Probably a real stupid question here, lol :silly:

But i was looking at the internal wepage for the modem and i noticed the upstream and downstream data speeds. (see attachment).

Question :> is there a possibility that these speeds could be changed somehow at our end or is this only ever possible at the cable companys end ? Just a daft thought, lol :proud:

"St-Andrews"

hi people, just lettig u know how i got on with my 1st attemt at 200s last week. initially i didnt put in the no update command so they got zapped by n*l within minutes & went 3348 on me. i deleted the flash on 1 so thats knackered but ive got 3 others. i used solarwinds to roll back the software then did the non update command. i put in 3 macs and matched the usb mac (+1) to the 1st mac in each. the macs were from 250s. im now confused which modem is which but the 1 im using has been on constantly -no probs, 1 may have been stopping but just needed to be rebooted & 1 i might have fried by leaving it plugged in overnight when id accidently used the wrong power supply - it was very hot & i havent checked it since. Basically a blinding success minus human error - good job i had 4. everything was learned in the forum (& im quite stupid) so thanks to every1 for their help

adam said:
hi people, just lettig u know how i got on with my 1st attemt at 200s last week. initially i didnt put in the no update command so they got zapped by n*l within minutes & went 3348 on me. i deleted the flash on 1 so thats knackered but ive got 3 others. i used solarwinds to roll back the software then did the non update command. i put in 3 macs and matched the usb mac (+1) to the 1st mac in each. the macs were from 250s. im now confused which modem is which but the 1 im using has been on constantly -no probs, 1 may have been stopping but just needed to be rebooted & 1 i might have fried by leaving it plugged in overnight when id accidently used the wrong power supply - it was very hot & i havent checked it since. Basically a blinding success minus human error - good job i had 4. everything was learned in the forum (& im quite stupid) so thanks to every1 for their help
how did you get ambit 250 macs mate ?? please advise ? :Cheers:

thomson said:
how did you get ambit 250 macs mate ?? please advise ? :Cheers:

hi thompson, fraid i cant print how mate but if i say they're definately 250's you can probably see why:)

Wat do u mean? Im guessin hes got them off people he knows who are usin 250s. Last time I checked dchp can only pick up 100-120 and sb4100s

vintyd said:
Wat do u mean? Im guessin hes got them off people he knows who are usin 250s. Last time I checked dchp can only pick up 100-120 and sb4100s

i reckon if u can get macs from 250s and probably 200s then you should have no probs at all. mine have been running continuosly since. i would guess that either the only macs showing (100s &120s) are just being cloned too much and r buggering up as a result OR n*t r deliberately screwing them n when customers complain they just tell them its old equipment & give them free upgrade to 200/250. just a thought

Been a while since the last post in this thread, but i didnt want to start a fresh one as iam posting same question.

Sooo, I know its possible to do an ambit 200 and 250, are the 100's and 120's still a no-no or what ??? anyone know ?

:Cheers:

Been a while since the last post in this thread, but i didnt want to start a fresh one as iam posting same question.

Sooo, I know its possible to do an ambit 200 and 250, are the 100's and 120's still a no-no or what ??? anyone know ?

:Cheers:
anyone ???

Back