Latest news on the Ambits ???

mac addys

sry if this seems a daft question ive used dhcp to find mac addys but i can only find 3 4 megs can i use the same mac addy for each modem as they are all going to dif houses but in the same area.

Ive got a 10mb 200 runnin fine for 1 week not a problem, using old fw. I then tried a 2mb 200 and it got boot off every few mins! Exact same as the last one, except the 10mb was a sb4100 config and the 2mb was a 120 mac....not sure if this has anything to do with modems gettin kicked off so often

any news? has anyone tried using a sufboard mac and not updating it? has anyone had the same result yet?

vintyd said:
Ive got a 10mb 200 runnin fine for 1 week not a problem, using old fw. I then tried a 2mb 200 and it got boot off every few mins! Exact same as the last one, except the 10mb was a sb4100 config and the 2mb was a 120 mac....not sure if this has anything to do with modems gettin kicked off so often

This is why i dont agree to much with the thread, the likes of this post is putting it onto the Plate for the CC. i know we are all here to help each other which is good, but on the other hand who would it be helping the most, if they see it. anyone agree?

L33tpL4y4 said:
This is why i dont agree to much with the thread, the likes of this post is putting it onto the Plate for the CC. i know we are all here to help each other which is good, but on the other hand who would it be helping the most, if they see it. anyone agree?

Yeah i agree

vintyd said:

There`s more to this than peeps understand.... Ive was testing all the ambits a while ago... And i had a 200 running on the old firmware without it getting knock off. And ive seen 3 thats updated to the new unflashable firmware.. (even if the chips are lifted)... and if you put a another atty on from another modem you cant change the mac.!! Btw i can not lift chips and this was tested by a very kind cable mod..
The reason they are being knock with the old firmware is that they are programed to reboot after so many upgrades fail.. {i dont no if that can be repogramed} But it wont be long before you see the cc`s next move

Last edited:
L33tpL4y4 said:

No Disrespect mate, but I dont agree with you.

I think a similar post to this has popped up in this thread before, hasnt it ?

Like I said before, this forum is here to help people (unless iam missing something here), I do understand what you mean mate though in that we could be handing gifts to the CC's, but how the heck can we pass info onto each other' other than via the forums ??? We cant all start just pm'ing each other, in my opinion thats just crazy and would totally be against the whole concept of the help forums, so we'r caught in a catch 22 situation I suppose, But what can we do ???

Anyway, back to the discussion, VINty, you say you've got a 10mb working fine on a 200 with the old firmware, how come it aint taking the new firmware mate, you using one of the no'update commands ?? I used to have a 200 running with a mota mac but it eventually took the firmware update too.

:Cheers:

Last edited:
thomson said:
No Disrespect mate, but I dont agree with you.

I think a similar post to this has popped up in this thread before, hasnt it ?

Like I said before, this forum is here to help people (unless iam missing something here), I do understand what you mean mate though in that we could be handing gifts to the CC's, but how the heck can we pass info onto each other' other than via the forums ??? We cant all start just pm'ing each other, in my opinion thats just crazy and would totally be against the whole concept of the help forums, so we'r caught in a catch 22 situation I suppose, But what can we do ???

Anyway, back to the discussion, VINty, you say you've got a 10mb working fine on a 200 with the old firmware, how come it aint taking the new firmware mate, you using one of the no'update commands ?? I used to have a 200 running with a mota mac but it eventually took the firmware update too.

im not saying its wrong to help people, i wouldnt make or edit programs if i did and im not digging at the site, its a great site but id never like to think they are watching, well i do or i wouldnt have said that, its just to warn m8 as noone seems to ever say it, its like people dont realise, any way back to the topic.

I have 3 200's running fine on old FW, after the downgrade.

Last edited:
L33tpL4y4 said:
I have 3 200's running fine on old FW, after the downgrade.

you using a no update command with them mate, if so, what one mate ??

p.s
are they getting booted off at all ?

Last edited:
Alrite thomson, sorry for postin anythin that people dont like. I feel there are to many people keepin stuff to themselves, I just wanna help people out.

Yea thomson my 10mb has been workin fine, not being kicked off and thats with not usin any no update commands. The 200 was on the new firmware, downgraded and worked fine since.

wanna said:
well lads i have tried t/term still canot prss 1/2/p in both progs please any ideas would be appreciated , running outta ideas

wana your modem has been fooked by cc,s i think ? you cant press 1/2/p if thats right does your modem boot from image 2 bypassing image 1 if so i havce 2 like this and the impression i get is that the cc,s have corrupted image 1 if this is right i think you will have to get the chip reflashed i may be wrong but i think im right put it in cupboard till a fix comes out but check to c if im right first ?

stop modem cut off

sorry guys bit slow got myself a sb never looked at what was going on with tha 200.

Last edited:
quick_silver786 said:
dload -i1 11.111.111.111 ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr

replace 11.111.111.111 with your tftp server ip

when its all finished your ambit shouls be as solid as a surfboard.
I was asking about this method yesterday in this thread and in that and other threads people are saying the ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr is no good any more though !

please let us know how you get on !

Quicksilver, What youve just suggested mate has been posted in this thread loads of times already.
Anyway cheers :Cheers:

quick_silver786 said:
Found this to stop modem cut off haven't tried it yet but will do

heres how to stop the ambit from disconnecting, it will however lock to the new firmware, but just follow the downgrade tut to get it back if you need to.

when in hyperterminal type this

cd non-vol
cd halif
mac_address 1 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 2 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 3 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 4 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 5 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 6 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 7 00:00:00:00:00:00
write
mac_address 8 00:00:00:00:00:00
write

00:00:00:00:00:00 put your mac in here (you can put in severl valid macs if one goes off it will go to the next)

usb_mac_address 00:00:00:00:00:00
write

make usb mac the same as your mac but the last digit 1 higher

heres how to stop the modem from disconnecting all the time

load dhcp force, sniff for macs. when you get a few note down the tftp server ip then do the following

cd docsis_ctl
dload -i1 11.111.111.111 ntlhm200_ntl0001.cpr

replace 11.111.111.111 with your tftp server ip

when its all finished your ambit shouls be as solid as a surfboard.

if you have already done the max_dload_tries 0, do the commands below then do the above.

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 3
write
cd \
reset

This is what we've been doing for ages mate. Am I missing something? Or is there something new in what you've wrote above?

Nah, what he's wrote is exact same as what's been said before.

Anyone got a 100 or 120 going yet, i was reading on some other forums that someone had one going but I think they are talkin pizz ??

question about macs

hi all,
i just got a couple of macs from a friend but they end in a letter (eg. A).
what i was wondering is when you type the macs in on an ambit 200 you increase the usb mac by one number (eg if its a 7 then usb is 8) so would this apply the same to a letter instead (so if its an A then the usb mac would be a B).
hope someone else has come across this if so could you tell me if it worked as i only have a few macs and most of them end in a letter.
all help on this guys would be much appreciated
steve-g

steve-g said:
hi all,
i just got a couple of macs from a friend but they end in a letter (eg. A).
what i was wondering is when you type the macs in on an ambit 200 you increase the usb mac by one number (eg if its a 7 then usb is 8) so would this apply the same to a letter instead (so if its an A then the usb mac would be a B).
hope someone else has come across this if so could you tell me if it worked as i only have a few macs and most of them end in a letter.
all help on this guys would be much appreciated
steve-g

Doesnt make a difference, all it does is looks better.

L33tpL4y4 said:
Doesnt make a difference, all it does is looks better.

so theres no point in doing it then, no ??

Hhhmmmm I think I'm onto something with the a200 guys. I dont want to shoot my bolt too quick so I wont say too much at the moment.

I could do with some help though. Could you capture the output of an ambit 200 booting up. Keep a valid mac in it so it does connect to the cmts.

I need to compare the connection info with mine.

Cheers :)

EDIT: Could you also write what software revision is on your modem. And what your line power levels are.

Last edited:
thomson said:
so theres no point in doing it then, no ??

No, mine are running fine without it. It just looks better form the cc's end.:proud:

Back