lacuna/wolsey meter problem

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i have a lacuna/wolsey mk3 meter and wish to edit the data-set as the last one posted on the satmeter info site is from 5-1-09. there is a data-set editing tool available which i have downloaded but i am unable to get any further as the extraction path has a password. i have sent half a dozen emails at the satmeter info site over the last 6 months asking for a up-to-date data-set or the password so i can edit the sat list/parameters myself but to now avail. can anyone help me? or has anyone got the password?. im getting extremly p****d off now as i have a perfectly good enthusiasts meter that is getting less usefull every day and pretty soon its only going to be good for 28.2e/19.2/13e installs. thanks as always, regards mdt

Last edited:
sorted my problem as a guy on s/pimps gave me a unencrypted file. regards mdt

sorted my problem as a guy on s/pimps gave me a unencrypted file. regards mdt

Hi
I have the same problem with my meter.
Is it possible to help me too please.
Regards
Alban

Hi
I have the same problem with my meter.
Is it possible to help me too please.
Regards
Alban

here is the latest file/loader ect. please be carefull as any mistakes can render your meter useless. regards mdt

can send me a password to open satmeter 302 please

Last edited by a moderator:
can send me a password to open satmeter 302 please

ive posted the file with no password but be carefull when editing your meter. welcome to dw, regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
@mdt - thanks for the upload!

I've just upgraded a Lacuna MkIV and put in some *working* transponders on 16°E!

Regards

Degs

Is there a newer dataset than 290411 ?? Need to align a dish tomorrow to 16e and guessing the default transponder has changed again.

Looks like their website has gone too :(

has anybody got the update software for the mk 2 wolsey terrestrial meter the blue one

Hello,

Before I update my meter I just want to be sure that the attachedfiles youshared will also work for the wolsey (Lacuna) mark 2 sat finder.

Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,
k

I need a firmware update for the Lacuna 2 sat meter. Also an up to date .sat file to update the transponder information.

Thanks |Guys

I keep getting an error "send new line(0) fail"?
Can noone supply the firmware for this unit?

How can the programs supplied on this thread update the unit? Do I not need firmware?

I keep getting an error "send new line(0) fail"?
Can noone supply the firmware for this unit?

How can the programs supplied on this thread update the unit? Do I not need firmware?

these meters a old now and support has long gone... i used to have a mark3 but cant advise you on the mark2 although the mem file update programme i posted should work AFAIK,,, try to dump the file from your meter into the editing programme and edit the in-active transponders on the satellites you need then send the file back to your meter, regards mdt

Additionally, will the unit work with the batteries disconnected?

Many thanks in advance

Hi All,
I have the Mk 4 meter, has anyone been able to find a new source for the upgrade files.

Thanks
Barry

Hi All,
I have the Mk 4 meter, has anyone been able to find a new source for the upgrade files.

Thanks
Barry

you can edit your dataset file using the tools ive posted... dump your dataset and then update the transponders for each orbital position using flysat/lyngsat/kingofsat as your referance. just take your time and you will be fine. the site i used when i had the mk3 has long gone.regards mdt

Back