Kryptview not showing channels with homeplugs

spliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got the home plugs powerline i have plugged one to my router and the 1 upstairs to my kryptview the thing is it does not show a signal on the plug when i plug it in to the kryptview only 2 symbols are shown and when i plug the ethernet in to my laptop it shows all 3 symbols and it works kryptview broke.

Last edited:
I think the title is a little misleading

it would seem its your homeplugs are not responding to each other ?

Re: Kryptview ethernet

Sorry for wrong title but the plug responds when i plug it into my laptop but not the kryptview a780.

Re: Kryptview ethernet

have you tied rebooting router and KV box ? worth a shot

How would i reboot kryptview box just turn it off and on sorry for being thick.

if there is no reboot in the settings then yes switching off then on will reboot it!

Sorry just tried that and still doing the same thing dont know if i have have just got a bad box cause i know the plugs works for when it is plugged into laptop looks like i will have to pack up box and sent it back.

Sorry just tried that and still doing the same thing dont know if i have have just got a bad box cause i know the plugs works for when it is plugged into laptop looks like i will have to pack up box and sent it back.

Maybe a silly question but have you flashed the box or is it still FTA as received?

have you tried plugging the kryptview directly into the router rather than going through the powerlines?

Yes new firmware installed and i have the main homeplug plugged into the wireless router as the virgin modem only has one socket and thats what the wireless router is plugged into but will try just plugging it into main router. I dont think it would help because the homeplug is fine on my laptop, ps3 and xbox.

Yes new firmware installed and i have the main homeplug plugged into the wireless router as the virgin modem only has one socket and thats what the wireless router is plugged into but will try just plugging it into main router. I dont think it would help because the homeplug is fine on my laptop, ps3 and xbox.

With everything plugged in and swiched on first unplug the modem and wait 30 secs before plugging back in then the router then the homeplug to router then homeplug to box. Lastly do the same with the box.

state what firmware you used,has to be something simple

So that would explain why iam getting no internet signal then can you explain further why please just want to learn.

Thanks.

i could be wrong here but the old image wont decrypt signal thats why your not getting channels. you will be gettting internet signal but you have to update firmware for the box to decrypt it

hi, I was led to believe that u cant use homeplugs with these boxes as they are not compatible , i may be wrong but check it out

Back