Kryptview doing my head in

Got my long ethernet cable today connected to the router works first time thanks for all the help.

That would make it too easy then to connect to the net and actually use the kryptview server, without having to go out and buy power Ethernet adapters or buy a 20 meter network cable..... Sorry im a sarcastic git today lol

I really do want them to make an proper updated box with hd/inbuilt server/2 usbs for hdd or wireless dongle or wireless n inbuilt with sata or external usb hdd support for PVR and Hdmi output.

It will be interesting too see if we see Starview or Eurovox bringing out any newer boxes to compete with. A780 is just a quick rehash soloution :)

On the Sat scene these boxes are going as standard specs as above and also contain servers ie spiderbox for £150-200, so krytview team are way overdue :)

That would make it a complete box no more cables for flashing

sv and krypt both have generally been low spec cheap and nasty boxes...still are they onmly just got a ethernet port onboard...lol..
The only advantage of KV over SV is that hopefully their support should be better, but with both of them running large scale CS servers...how long before they get taken down...

Will be hard to take them down as the servers are abroad in somewhere like the middle east... And they have a legit subscription so surely they could just get another one if the current one got locked off......

Maybe they dont have to physically take down the servers VM could block the IP's to the servers on their own broadband network...which means anyone with VM broadband wont be able to reach the servers..
Wont stop people with broadband form other providers though...

I might have a play if I can hold of one of these boxes put a packet sniffer like ethereal or wireshark inbetween the box and the network and see where it's sending packets and what protocols/ports are in use / what packet headers look like etc...

do u reckon kryptview are changing the ip address every now and then to stop the server being tracked blocked? or is that not possible?

No idea ... dont know how commericial CS setups run...I would imagine clients dont talk to the actual servers hosting the cards anyway, much more likely to be using proxies where the keys are cached.

Maybe they dont have to physically take down the servers VM could block the IP's to the servers on their own broadband network...which means anyone with VM broadband wont be able to reach the servers..

Very, very unlikely that the IP's would be blocked.

Infact, just checked and the IP pings just fine via several different ISP's incl VM.

That should save you the bother of looking for the IP - one of the things I did ages ago !

Last edited:
No idea ... dont know how commericial CS setups run...I would imagine clients dont talk to the actual servers hosting the cards anyway, much more likely to be using proxies where the keys are cached.

Thats usually the type of thing thats done. One of the biggest priorities for any large CS network is to protect the cards and cardservers. Clients would usually never get anywhere near such things but instead connect via an expendable and easily replaceable isolation layer.

Back